THE BROWNS BOARD

The case AGAINST Barkley

I'll just leave you all with this caveat,,.. Saquan Barkley is not Zeke Elliott.. He is NOT generational like a Jim Brown or Emmit Smith.. I would not give up the farm on a position that has become "Dime a Dozen" Pedestrian.

14 hours ago, Mark O said:

That's where I'm at.   You can find a back who will give you a whole lot of performance in round 2.

Yep, out of last year's draft there were 2 RB pro bowlers.

Alvin Kamara, and Kareem Hunt (NEO kid) were picked in the 2nd round.

4 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Why do so many Browns fans talk about Super bowls when we can't get out of the AFCN cellar? Let wins some games and change the image of this franchise. We need offensive playmakers and quit trying to fit in with what everyone else is doing. 

Imagine this

Qb- L. Jackson

Rb- S. Barkley D. Johnson

Wr- J. Gordon J. Landry(via trade) A. Miller(rd3)

Te- D. Njoku S. Devalve

If our coaches can't get to the playoffs with those offensive weapons they're in the wrong business

Lamar Jackson won't even play this year if the team that drafts him is smart, short of few wild cat runs. Has the "project" tag after the Combine. He's around the 5th QB on everyone's board, and we're not interested in him at the top of the draft. 

More interest in Barkley, but look for Dorsey to stay true to form and take a guy like Guice or Michel later.

I really do not believe Barkley will be able to run wild on NFL defenses, especially between the tackles. I’ve been wrong a lot before though. No way I would take him number one. Four would be a huge reach in my opinion. I would have had no problem taking Zeke so high, but this kid just screams bust. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Lamar Jackson won't even play this year if the team that drafts him is smart, short of few wild cat runs. Has the "project" tag after the Combine. He's around the 5th QB on everyone's board, and we're not interested in him at the top of the draft. 

More interest in Barkley, but look for Dorsey to stay true to form and take a guy like Guice or Michel later.

I wouldn’t mind if he falls to our fifth pick

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I always think about my favorites like Joe Montana many didn't think much of him going to ND and plenty of teams passed on him repeatedly in the NFL draft.

Even Bernie Kosar although a big guy ran like a d*mn wounded giraffe but was a great thinking Quarterback and accurate passer.

No one passed on Bernie Kosar....he was taken with the equivalent of the #1 overall pick.   He doesn't get listed as such usually....but he should.  The Bills traded us their #1 overall pick in the supplemental draft....which means that they gave up the #1 overall pick in the regular draft..in consideration of what we sent them.  (don't recall what that was exactly....likely our first round pick in the next draft...plus more)

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, JimboJones said:

When was he last time an elite RB has won the Super Bowl?  Marshawn Lynch won in 2014 behind Russell Wilson and an elite defense, but it's kind of surprising to see the lack of superstar RB's like LaDanian Tomlinson win the SB in the past decade or so.

As much as I want Barkley, give me Bradley Chubb/Minkah and get a stud RB like Ronald Jones in the 2nd round.

and since seattle lost Lynch they have not been the same team on offense in fact until they get a running game they are a 7-9 team

1 hour ago, syd said:

and since seattle lost Lynch they have not been the same team on offense in fact until they get a running game they are a 7-9 team

They've had the worst O-Line in the NFL since Lynch left (lost C-Unger, LT-Okung, RG-Sweezy, LG-Carpenter ect), and have relied upon fat over the hill Eddie Lacy, Rawls (Undrafted free agent) and Chris Carson (7th round pick) to take over for Lynch.   

Rawls was great in his rookie season before his injury but never recovered and Chris Carson was great and remains to be seen how he'll look after breaking his ankle a couple games into his career.

So they've struggled because of injuries and terrible run blocking as you can see:

Archived