THE BROWNS BOARD

Pro Day Notes

gumby73

Some of the Pro Days have started. Follow walterfootball.com for updates.Alabama,Colorado & Colorado State were updated.WR Michael Gallup improved 40 time from 4.51 to 4.46. also a 6 inch longer broad jump to 10.8 from combine.Most top names that did combine are meeting with teams.Site will update results & players team met with.All 32 teams had a rep in Colorado.Any updates? try to toss them in here..thanks! 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Some of the Pro Days have started. Follow walterfootball.com for updates.Alabama,Colorado & Colorado State were updated.WR Michael Gallup improved 40 time from 4.51 to 4.46. also a 6 inch longer broad jump to 10.8 from combine.Most top names that did combine are meeting with teams.Site will update results & players team met with.All 32 teams had a rep in Colorado.Any updates? try to toss them in here..thanks! 

PFF guy rates Gallup as the best WR in a not great WR class.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2018-nfl-mock-draft-3

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

PFF guy rates Gallup as the best WR in a not great WR class.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2018-nfl-mock-draft-3

Interesting that Derwin James seems to be rising very high again after a drop off during the college season, is he in play at #4 ?

Just now, LondonBrown said:

Interesting that Derwin James seems to be rising very high again after a drop off during the college season, is he in play at #4 ?

He is as a player, but if you are looking for a smart leader of a defense who can call the defensive plays quickly based on what he sees, you have to go with Fitzpatrick. I'd rather have a player who doubles as a DC on the field and that's how Saban used him.

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He is as a player, but if you are looking for a smart leader of a defense who can call the defensive plays quickly based on what he sees, you have to go with Fitzpatrick. I'd rather have a player who doubles as a DC on the field and that's how Saban used him.

Cheers Ag, I have liked all I've read about Fitzpatrick for sure. 

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

:lol:  Was that a Gallup poll that concluded that?

Who knows. But I think we need a Kirk in the slot (and running back punt/ko) more than we do the outside WR. We have been missing the short/intermediate passing game and now that the idiot is not running the O, we have a chance to expand into a more versatile team on offense. Give me 2 little quick knats inside (like NE) over the glamour boys outside if you want to get the 1st downs.

EDIT:  http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Christian-Kirks-strong-combine-performance-helps-his-case-as-top-WR-in-NFL-Draft/db85524b-037b-4252-9c60-21f5ab9a55d3

13 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Interesting that Derwin James seems to be rising 

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

a smart leader of a defense who can call the defensive plays quickly based on what he sees, you have to go with Fitzpatrick. I'd rather have a player who doubles as a DC on the field 

wonder which player Gregg Williams would pound the draft table for...A) the smart defensive field coach playing dual positions OR  B.) A longest yard Bounty Hunter to lay out The Waterboy.. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

wonder which player Gregg Williams would pound the draft table for...A) the smart defensive field coach playing dual positions OR  B.) A longest yard Bounty Hunter to lay out The Waterboy.. 

Well his track record for the player he "pounds the table for" has neither of the qualities so..... could be the ghost of Sean Taylor for all we know.

edit:  Pro day numbers are always going to be lower than combine.  Stick to the former and try not to be too impressed by QB's throwing against air.  

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

A.)Well his track record for the player he "pounds the table for" has neither of the qualities so..... could be the ghost of Sean Taylor for all we know.

B.)edit:  Pro day numbers are always going to be lower than combine.  Stick to the former and try not to be too impressed by QB's throwing against air.  

A.)maybe knowing your opinion on M.Fitzpatrick & D.James playing qualities would help?  B.)Yep, most get it...40's are hand timed which create lower numbers. And a pro day QB throws to his regular WR's creating numbers like Chase Litton of Marshall 72 of 75 but did not know Browns may have interest.

At pro days yesterday..not much...Army's T/G Brett Toth ran a 5.09 40 with a weak bench at 16.a wait a year commitment at Army.At Washington St. Luke Falk & Hercules Mata'afa sat out. While a OL Cody O'Connel 6'8"-365 did his best Orlando Brown'ish 40 at 5.58, and he can push the bench bar 28 times.Some may remember a Combine Snub in RB Phillip Lindsay from Colorado that played at Shrine Bowl. A ST return guy at 5'7" 184lbs.. Lindsay was hand timed at 4.38 40 time..Auburn-Today///Washington-Tomorrow..  

Archived