THE BROWNS BOARD

I have found our WR at 33

LondonBrown

Ignore any mocks or rankings that still have this guy going late round 2 or early round 3, no chance he lasts that long. 

Ignore that he's officially called a tight end.

Mike Gesicki, oh boy, he’s athletically insane.

Draft him, don't bother to ask him to block and just count the TD's he scores for you lined up alongside Gordon, Coleman and Njoku.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Ignore any mocks or rankings that still have this guy going late round 2 or early round 3, no chance he lasts that long. 

Ignore that he's officially called a tight end.

Mike Gesicki, oh boy, he’s athletically insane.

Draft him, don't bother to ask him to block and just count the TD's he scores for you lined up alongside Gordon, Coleman and Njoku.

I watched the tape on this kid.. His speed is something else for his size...

We need a blocking TE..Gesicki nor Fumagalli are Not those guys from game tape. Mayock brought up TE Will Dissly from Washington as best blocking TE of group. but all I read is his weaknesses in blocking :mellow:..limited tape. My hope is the Broncos cut loose of Jeff Heuerman to build some cap space..Heuerman has 1 year left on a rookie deal..  

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

252 pound WR? He's a tight end. But a good one. Don't think we are taking him at 33 since we grabbed one in the first round last year. But if he falls...

Zombo

Hey Z, at 250, 6'5" and ran a 4.54. Great hands.  Does Gronk block?  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hey Z, at 250, 6'5" and ran a 4.54. Great hands.  Does Gronk block?  :rolleyes:

I didn't mention blocking. I watch every Penn State game. I said he is a TE in the NFL, not a WR.

Zombo

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

I didn't mention blocking. I watch every Penn State game. I said he is a TE in the NFL, not a WR.

Zombo

Blocking TEs are overrated. Ha, so Barkley can put up 2,000 yards rushing with Cam Erving blocking for him?  

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

That's right if I remember back correctly  you're an old PA guy born and bred, right?

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Blocking TEs are overrated. Ha, so Barkley can put up 2,000 yards rushing with Cam Erving blocking for him?  

I'm not sure what that means. Barkley should be a terrific pro, size, speed, hands ... he has it all, and he should end up being pretty good in protection as well.

Zombo

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That's right if I remember back correctly  you're an old PA guy born and bred, right?

Yep, but I have lived in Florida longer than I live in PA. Penn State football is my PA connection, I've really enjoyed rooting for Barkley on the college level and I hope I get to root for him as a pro too.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Yep, but I have lived in Florida longer than I live in PA. Penn State football is my PA connection, I've really enjoyed rooting for Barkley on the college level and I hope I get to root for him as a pro too.

Zombo

Do you think he will fall to #4?

To answer questions - Gronk does block when inline and does it quite well.  Hence why he is regarded as the best TE in the game when healthy.

Gesicki isn't combine hype, the kid produced all year.    He needs work on this blocking in a big way.     Great idea, but we have a slightly shorter and more chocolate version of him already on roster from last years draft haul.  

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

I'm not sure what that means. Barkley should be a terrific pro, size, speed, hands ... he has it all, and he should end up being pretty good in protection as well.

Zombo

Just foolin' with ya PSU fan. I think Barkley is a great prospect. Unfortunately, the Browns need a great quarterback prospect far more. I pulled a Po on you. "Saquon is so great he can gain 2,000 yards with a bunch of Cam Ervings blocking for him." 😁

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Just foolin' with ya PSU fan. I think Barkley is a great prospect. Unfortunately, the Browns need a great quarterback prospect far more. I pulled a Po on you. "Saquon is so great he can gain 2,000 yards with a bunch of Cam Ervings blocking for him." 😁

I think he will be a double threat playmaker a la Leveon Bell as far as production in the right system. I think rookie numbers of 1200 rushing and 500 receiving in the right offense is realistic ... the guy can do everything, you want the ball in his hands.

Zombo

--Barkley and Duke would wreak havoc

6 minutes ago, Zombo said:

No. Won't get past Colts.

Z

Then I don't think we get him.   Not that it would bother me if they took him at 1 and got a QB at 4.    We have 5-6 QBs out there...none of whom particularly stand out. 

I would not be heartbroken if the took the RB and the DB at 1 and 4.....but can you imagine the howling that would go on about the Browns not fixing their QB problem?    My only thing is....that any of these guys could turn out to be Jamarcus Jr.  or do Leaf pickup duty...and they could be a success.

• 1 month later...

Archived