THE BROWNS BOARD

Landry is Ours

Kvoethe

Report: Browns, Ravens among teams interested in trade for Dolphins' Landry

Mitch SandersonMar 8 2018, 2:14 PM

After reportedly signing his franchise tag on Thursday, Miami Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landryis eligible to be traded, and more than two teams are already poking around for a deal.

While a trade does not appear imminent, the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens are among teams interested in trading for the wide receiver, reports Adam H. Beasley and Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

For a team to acquire Landry, they would almost certainly need to have a long-term deal in place before agreeing to the trade, which would not be able to become official until the new league year starts on March 14.

Landry is currently set to make just under $16 million on the franchise tag in 2018 and wants a long-term deal in the range of $14 million per year. With the Dolphins pressed up against the wall for cap space, getting Landry off their books may be a high priority.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What cost?

Considering the Seahawks unloaded  Michael Bennett for a sack of seeds- 7th round pick (got Marcus Johnson and a 5th round pick back). I have to wonder what Landry is worth? We have plenty of picks to make it happen (not either of the firsts). $14 million seems to be the going rate for a pro bowl receiver like Landry who's been averaging 100 catches a year. If we really want him, we can outbid and out pay anyone else. The Ravens only have $4 million in cap space so how would they afford a $14 million contract with a fat signing bonus short of cutting players? 

I'm no gambler, but I bet we "land" Landry. Pay the man & give 'em Corey Coleman (still on his rookie deal) & our 4th round pick.

Mike 

12 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm no gambler, but I bet we "land" Landry. Pay the man & give 'em Corey Coleman (still on his rookie deal) & our 4th round pick.

Mike 

That is too much for me, no need to give up Coleman, I think maybe a third round pick will be enough for someone that hasn't produced many TD's

you beat me to it al.. thank you , signore... great move.. Now lets get rid of Ricky Ricardo and the other bums on the squad.

8 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I'm nervous to see what we traded for him. Hopefully it's a 3rd and 4th or lower

It's nothing in the 1st and 2nd.. its something between 3-7...

Just now, Louisville Slugger said:

Quick someone check the paperwork! Let' make sure this goes through 

So happy Sashi isn't in charge of the fax machine

The #Browns assume the $16M, one-year contract for Jarvis Landry, and the two sides have not included a long-term extension as part of this deal. They will likely talk, but Landry could also simply play on the 1-year deal, see how Todd Haley uses him, and cash in next offseason

Archived