THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Smith, DE

sdballis

I just see this guy a a rotational guy and doesn't imply anything about Chubb being there or not. I think its possible as the day unfolds that both Chubb and Barkley will be there at 4. In fact I will state that one of those 2 will be there at 4 for sure. The Jets are probably trading up, the Bill want to trade up, Colts are probably willing partners in a trade back. The Giants not sure they would drop back, Colts I think will, which means Chubb or Barkley will be there at 4.

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What would this say about going after Chubb with #4?   

It may say that the Browns don't think he will be there at #4....and they may be right.

I don't think Chris Smith, who has had a very average at best career,  would act as a substitute for Chubb. They would more likely search for a pass rusher in the second round if that is their goal if they don't get a shot at Chubb.

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

I don't think Chris Smith, who has had a very average at best career,  would act as a substitute for Chubb. They would more likely search for a pass rusher in the second round if that is their goal if they don't get a shot at Chubb.

Or maybe we're starting to find players that can contribute to winning, and the overall plan instead of just finding "good players". I think we're shaping up to think more smartly, kind of like the Pats do. We're cutting the fat out and finding team players, I like it.

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

Or maybe we're starting to find players that can contribute to winning, and the overall plan instead of just finding "good players". I think we're shaping up to think more smartly, kind of like the Pats do. We're cutting the fat out and finding team players, I like it.

I hope he pans out into a decent rotational guy. 

I like this signing. Nice value for a situational pass rusher opposite MG or in a NASCAR package.

On 3/13/2018 at 3:44 PM, dawg2fan said:

The only thing that matters is what Dorsey thinks.

Nothing personal, but anyone posting this should be suspended for a week.

Archived