THE BROWNS BOARD

This is what's going to happen.

cdl15

Best player in draft at #1 Bradley Chubb

If Barkley is there at #4 you take him. If not you trade down for the farm. (Probably Buffalo) at #12 I take the best WR in this draft. I think Lamar Jackson has the best value in this draft and seems to fit Doeseys mold. He's never drafted a statue qb and with tyrod being the placeholder I don't see that trend Changing. Also I'm sure Mayfield is a possibility at #33. Get a mid round qb and kick the can down the road. There isn't a huge rush to grab a QB. You don't draft one at #1 just for the sake of drafting one at #1

11 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

If Barkley is there at #4 you take him. If not you trade down for the farm. (Probably Buffalo) at #12 I take the best WR in this draft. I think Lamar Jackson has the best value in this draft and seems to fit Doeseys mold. He's never drafted a statue qb and with tyrod being the placeholder I don't see that trend Changing. Also I'm sure Mayfield is a possibility at #33. Get a mid round qb and kick the can down the road. There isn't a huge rush to grab a QB. You don't draft one at #1 just for the sake of drafting one at #1

Awfully early in the morning to be drunk. 

There isn't a huge rush to grab a QB?   Other than we've never had one and they're kinda important....but other than that...no...no rush at all.

We just traded for a playoff QB. So no it's not like there isn't a QB in place. Draft Jackson and still can pounce on one next year. I think Dorsey is starting to figure out what allot of knowledgeable people have known. There just isn't a great QB prospect in this draft

31 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

This is you....and this board's reaction to you:

16 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

We just traded for a playoff QB. So no it's not like there isn't a QB in place. Draft Jackson and still can pounce on one next year. I think Dorsey is starting to figure out what allot of knowledgeable people have known. There just isn't a great QB prospect in this draft

That may be true....but it still sounds like blurp, blurp.

28 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

True on the NO FRANCHISE QB available but with Kizer gone they still need a backup quarterback. 

I think they get "somebody" just a matter of where.

I like the idea of Chubb #1 and trading back and getting Lamar, but that just my preference. What I think they do is take whatever QB they like #1 and I think it' Mayfield or maybe Darnold. #4 will either be Chubb or the top DB and we take Guice in the 2nd. Dorsey said he like Guice over Barkley but that might have been b.s.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

True on the NO FRANCHISE QB available but with Kizer gone they still need a backup quarterback. 

I think they get "somebody" just a matter of where.

I agree. I think Lamar Jackson in the second maybe third would be great value. Kids been a stud for 2 years and getting no love.  I tend to believe that Dorsey will know in 2019 if they can go forward with Jackson or pick a franchise guy.  There are allot of primo picks this year to build the whole football team. Just don't think he has to go into the first round with the "get a QB or else" feeling. Local media in Cleveland is all but Sheet. 1/2 guys on 92.3 the fan are Sheet. Daryll Rider is a joke. MKC is clueless. 

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Patrick Mahomes is basically Lamar Jackson...

I really wanted Mahomes and I think the browns did too. Big reason KC moved up. The top 3 QBs in this class just don't fit Doeseys past QBs mold. 

7 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

I agree. I think Lamar Jackson in the second maybe third would be great value. Kids been a stud for 2 years and getting no love.  I tend to believe that Dorsey will know in 2019 if they can go forward with Jackson or pick a franchise guy.  There are allot of primo picks this year to build the whole football team. Just don't think he has to go into the first round with the "get a QB or else" feeling. Local media in Cleveland is all but Sheet. 1/2 guys on 92.3 the fan are Sheet. Daryll Rider is a joke. MKC is clueless. 

I agree with some of the others- but no name calling. U-R-crazee if you think the Browns aren't drafting a QB, most likely at #1, and if not- fer sure at #4. Regarding Chubb- are you paying attention? I got a $20 bet I'll lay on you right now that Buffalo is trading up in the top 3 to take a qb. They apparently think there's qbs in this draft worth trading away multiple pics to move up for, hmmmmm?   Meaning- we take our qb at #1, either Chubb or Barkley are guaranteed to be there at #4.  

We've played the "Factory Seconds" (Quinn, Weeden, Manziel) or"developmental" (Kizer, Frye, Kessler, and others) game at qb far to often, with crap results. We are NOT going down that road again. So screw "value" picks. Take the BPA players and don't look back. Oh- we wait until 2019 to go after a "franchise guy" 7-9 or 8-8 puts you squarely in the position of not being able to get into the top 5 to draft your "franchise guy". 

LOL, if you think the IQ on this board is low, go read some of the comments in the Browns section on Cleveland.com

2 hours ago, cdl15 said:

The only way he is a value in the 2nd or 3rd, hell even 4th is IF he can be a good QB in the NFL. I just don't see it. There is a reason 90%+ of the teams suggested he convert to a WR. That is a lot of knowledge recommending that. 

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

The only way he is a value in the 2nd or 3rd, hell even 4th is IF he can be a good QB in the NFL. I just don't see it. There is a reason 90%+ of the teams suggested he convert to a WR. That is a lot of knowledge recommending that. 

So two teams = 90%??  Believe I can find way more sources that believe he should tryout as a wr is completely Sheet. Including Dorsey, Newsome, and Reid and have him pegged as a QB and only a QB.

6 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

So two teams = 90%??  Believe I can find way more sources that believe he should tryout as a wr is completely Sheet. Including Dorsey, Newsome, and Reid and have him pegged as a QB and only a QB.

I'll admit that 90% was off the top of my head on a friends comment. Going to have to research it now. 

Archived