THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets trade up

jcam222

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.

11 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.

Po you are so damn dumb. They don't trade up a month before the draft targeting one specific player to number 3. Either of the two picks ahead could take that player then you're left holding your winky ave giving away a ton of draft capital to do so. You have to move all the way to target 1 specific player moron. They are targeting a position group and that's qb. No matter what the first two teams do they are still getting a qb.

17 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I think not. It's a draft deep in terrific rb's. They desperately need a qb after losing out in fa on a qb. They signed Teddy Bildgewater, that's a poor choice.....and Crowell.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/4-biggest-jets-address-qb-article-1.3879203

The Jets NEED a qb. AND:

an OLB/Edge rusher

TE

Wide Receiver

Kick Returner

2 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.

But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios: 

1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB

2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.

3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4

4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you

5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.

6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs

I highly doubt the Bills do that trade, but I certainly would entertain that.

But I would say there is less than 1% chance Denver makes that trade. They see BUF trade 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 1st last year to move to #4, they will want more than 12 and 2 2nds. 

I said yesterday that the Colts would trade down a little.  And the Jets are in good shape for a new QB with Josh McCown in place there.  He HELPS the young QB's like he's a coach...even though he's the starting QB.  

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

this was bills plan to get to Colts..with Gettleman.. now add in the rape the 9'ers to bears  https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/14/17114618/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-2018-trade-up-quarterback  

The price for the Bills to jump the Jets just went WAY up. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Does anyone have a clue as to who is being targeted by the Jets?    Why do I think it is likely Rosen.  Or, are they enamored with Baker Mayfield.  Or, are they just willing to take any of 3 guys.

OR....do they have a hard on for Barkley????   No?  Its a thought.  

classified information again Gipper. We won't know until the picks get announced on April 26th. Regarding the Jets\Barkley? No way in hell. You don't give up that much draft capital to draft a running back- I don't care if he's the second coming of Jim Brown. 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

:lol::lol::lol: Tell ya what- I will bet you my package of season tickets, Value = $2,000 that the Jets won't take Barkley. You up for that rich a bet? I'm betting, you're full of it- if not- then STFU on your Barkley love. Too much green beer or Irish whisky today Po? Or hallucinogenic substances?  Without a doubt- Barkley or Chubb will be there at #4. 

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

imo It's Mayfield or Darnold at #1 unless Hue or Haley gets a vote..one dude won more games with less talent & changing mechanics at this point am not a big fan of..  

Agree... but I don't think Mayfield's talent is lacking. I easily see his being the 2nd highest floor in this class. Problem is it is not #1 overall high and it comes with a ceiling practically touching it.

Also Hue doesn't want a vote... just the right to bitch later.

6 hours ago, onkyoreceiver said:

The Jets have just pushed all-in against the Bills.  The Bills now MUST make a deal for either #2 with N.Y. Giants or with us for #4 no matter what it costs them- and it just got a LOT more expensive.  What do you think the Bills would now have to give NY for #2?  What would they have to give us to move out of #4 (not saying we should do it, just saying, what do you think the price today would be?)

Hey, onk... long time no see.

Agree that Bills will now have to move up, but will have competition from Denver. And the Bills price will be so high... I actually think Runyon is a little low... that I do not think they can afford to settle for stopping at #4 overall... not in advance of the first three picks already having been made anyway.

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

But the Browns are not going to do this.

Disagree with me? Put your money where your rambling mouth is. 

6 hours ago, runyon27 said:

To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

For the Bills to move to #2 overall... I'd say even a little more... 3 - #1's, a 2 and a 3. After all we are taking about RG3 here! ;)

Question is: How much less can the Broncos get away with offering NYG? The #5, their 2019 #1, their #2 and both 3's might do it. As it keeps NYG at #5 and in prime position to take Quenton Nelson.

Then should we take Minkah, then they might even trade back again to TB's #7, who I think should lust after Barkley, leaving Chubb for Indy at 6 and Nelson for NYG at #7

Our #4? I cannot see pre-Draft Day deal for it, but depending how the QBs fall then the Bills should come calling and if NYG stayed put, Denver as well.

Can you say potential "sweet spot"?

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Our #4? I cannot see pre-Draft Day deal for it, but depending how the QBs fall then the Bills should come calling and if NYG stayed put, Denver as well.

Can you say potential "sweet spot"?

Dammit Tour - I've been on here pounding the proverbial desk to just stay at #1 and #4 and get the best QB and BPA... Now you are going to try and talk me out of it? :lol:

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Said it before... I'll say it again. You are nothing, if not consistent.

34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dammit Tour - I've been on here pounding the proverbial desk to just stay at #1 and #4 and get the best QB and BPA... Now you are going to try and talk me out of it? :lol:

My bad... I've been gone... ;)

Here's the thing... if QBs go 1, 2, 3 and Denver makes a generous, preemptive offer for #4 to keep BUF from leapfrogging them, how do you not make the trade?

54 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My bad... I've been gone... ;)

Here's the thing... if QBs go 1, 2, 3 and Denver makes a generous, preemptive offer for #4 to keep BUF from leapfrogging them, how do you not make the trade?

That's my dream scenario. Move down one spot + get extra draft pick. 

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's my dream scenario. Move down one spot + get extra draft pick. 

Of course that makes sense, but what about all the people who say dont trade NO MATTER WHAT. That is what the previous regimes did and look how that turned out.

It should ALWAYS be open. Who knows, someone may love a QB or Barkley so much they offer 10 1st rounders (Obviously exaggerating), but point is you CAN'T turn that down

5 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Of course that makes sense, but what about all the people who say dont trade NO MATTER WHAT. That is what the previous regimes did and look how that turned out.

It should ALWAYS be open. Who knows, someone may love a QB or Barkley so much they offer 10 1st rounders (Obviously exaggerating), but point is you CAN'T turn that down

Moving down one spot- when you KNOW the team trading up isn't after "one of your guys"  is a hell of a lot different than moving down 8 or more and odds are that "guy" wont be there.  

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Move down one spot + get extra draft pick. 

better yet, "it's your pick Mr.Elway, but I also need a rostered baller(TE-Jeff Huerman?) but not from your OL and not named Paxton Lynch":o

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Moving down one spot- when you KNOW the team trading up isn't after "one of your guys"  is a hell of a lot different than moving down 8 or more and odds are that "guy" wont be there.  

No doubt about it. But I have seen A LOT of posters say dont trade down no matter what. And the overwhelming majority say because of past.

If the Eagles offered 10 1st rounders for the 1st pick, I would get out my jet pack and fly to NFL offices to accept. It's an alternate world obviously, so jet packs are a thing there 😁

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dutch, come over to the dark side, it's easy........quarterbacks are overrated. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Said it before... I'll say it again. You are nothing, if not consistent.

And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me?  

I lost some of my hyperbole, and I'm not about to retype it. :(  

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Does anyone have a clue as to who is being targeted by the Jets?    Why do I think it is likely Rosen.  Or, are they enamored with Baker Mayfield.  Or, are they just willing to take any of 3 guys.

I believe it's option #3....they're willing to take one of the 3 best QB's in this draft.  The question is, What order do they have them in?  - What order do WE have them in?

8 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.

But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios: 

1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB

2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.

3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4

4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you

5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.

6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs

Good thoughts.

But let's take door #1 and watch the rest of the round unfold with our three 2nd round picks sitting on the table.  

I'd prefer to not get cute and just pick the two best players that are not Barkley.  (RB later)

If someone that we really like starts sliding then perhaps we wanna jump back into the latter part of the round like we did last year.

Like Joe Banner said, Today's NFL is Pass and Rush The Passer.  -  Pick the QB de jur and Chubb.  (Garrett and Chubb with Ogbah off the bench)

--------

So the Jets traded with the Colts.  They didn't trade to the top of the round. (they probably called us but we want a QB too and there's no way we're trading that far down and miss out on a QB - again -)

They didn't trade with the Giants.  They probably called the Giants.  Why couldn't they move up to #2?  I'm going to have to assume that the Giants want their QB to groom also.  (of course the possibility DOES exist that the Jets don't really believe that the Giants WILL take a QB this year - I think they probably will because essentially, it's FREE this year.  You don't have to trade up and give away a King's ransom for the QB.  I guarantee you that the Giants do not expect to be picking anywhere near this high next year.)

But in order to have made this trade, the Jets had to understand that it was quite possible that the 2 best QB's in the draft would be gone.  Assuming that those two are Rosen & Darnold, then they like Mayfield or Allen enough (and Rosen and Darnold in case one of THEM is there) to make the trade.

This shows all of us that AT LEAST three of the four top QB's in this draft have show the Jets enough to warrant trading up for.  Just like the Bears last year....and the Rams & Eagles the year before that.  -  Ya gotta have a good QB.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

TBH the best you can do is think you KNOW...

Elway could just say "Fuk it, I'll ride with Keenum for a season" and steal your precious _______________ . (fill in the blank)

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

TBH the best you can do is think you KNOW...

Elway could just say "Fuk it, I'll ride with Keenum for a season" and steal your precious _______________ . (fill in the blank)

Well, we take our QB #1, the Broncos "know" we're not taking another one at #4. So, you want to swap picks? Fine- take Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson instead of a QB, thanks for the extra (probably second round)  pick.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me? 

Presumes that I currently "love you"...

39 minutes ago, Orion said:

They didn't trade with the Giants.  They probably called the Giants.  Why couldn't they move up to #2?  I'm going to have to assume that the Giants want their QB to groom also.  (of course the possibility DOES exist that the Jets don't really believe that the Giants WILL take a QB this year - I think they probably will because essentially, it's FREE this year.  You don't have to trade up and give away a King's ransom for the QB.  I guarantee you that the Giants do not expect to be picking anywhere near this high next year.)

But in order to have made this trade, the Jets had to understand that it was quite possible that the 2 best QB's in the draft would be gone.  Assuming that those two are Rosen & Darnold, then they like Mayfield or Allen enough (and Rosen and Darnold in case one of THEM is there) to make the trade.

Solid analysis...

Completely agree that NYJ is fine with at least three QBs for the price they paid. But the funny thing is that so far, per Walter football's visit tracker, they've only met with two QBs, Darnold and Mayfield, and of the two Mayfield is the only one to have had more than a simple, 15-minute, Combine session... and Mayfield has met with them every way possible. Could be there's some lag in posting visits.

The Giants? I'm guessing the same offer was not enough to move them to #6 and the increment between the 2nd and 3rd QB on NYJ's board is not great enough to warrant them ponying up anything more... but that's the Jets and that's today. Will be interested in seeing if Bills or Denver can do any better pre-Draft, and whether NYG stands strong until and after our selection is announced. The visit tracker offers no insight as they've met with six different QBs including all the Big 4, but again they've only worked out Mayfield in private.

Apparently Baker made a weekend of it in the Big Apple...

The Jets making that trade is awesome news for us. 99% shot it goes QB, QB, QB. Which means grab Rosen, stay put at #4 and grab Barkley. Just picturing it... What a Shmucking Offense. Gordon, Landry, Duke, Rosen and Barkley. That sounds fantastic! Potential is Top 3 NFL Offense in a few years. 

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Presumes that I currently "love you"...

:wub::wub::wub: I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  :)  

50 minutes ago, hoorta said:

:wub::wub::wub: I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  :)  

lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

Archived