THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets trade up

jcam222

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Still bugs me that the Jets have only exhausted their visits with one QB prospect and have only met two.

Did just occur to me that the should the Jets not like any of the the leftover QBs at #3, they might trade back down and recoup some of their outlay.

Yeah, they really tipped their hands when you read into this trade more closely. It does make me seriously wonder if they got enough of a word that the Browns don't intend to go QB #1 so they wanted to jump in front. If that means the strategy moves to taking said QB #1 instead though there's no qualms from me. It also makes you wonder what sort of kings ransom the Browns could get from the Bills (21, 22, a 2nd and maybe next years 1st) to move up to #4, although I'm pretty opposed to that.

On 3/18/2018 at 2:33 AM, Ghoolie said:

The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

But....all the top QB prospects are white....unless you think they would take Jackson.  Is that what you think?

Or do you think they will take the Jewish Tarkenton?

On 3/18/2018 at 1:41 AM, hoorta said:

The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year. :) 

Probably not Houston.  New Orleans, Oakland, Denver may be remote chances.

Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse"  to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy....   Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget....  Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...  

Curious about  this.....what constitutes your "bucket list"?  Going to see the Browns play in like all other NFL stadiums?

You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year. :) 

Probably not Houston.  New Orleans, Oakland, Denver may be remote chances.

Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse"  to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy....   Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget....  Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...  

Curious about  this.....what constitutes your "bucket list"?  Going to see the Browns play in like all other NFL stadiums?

You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

Yes See the Browns lose in every NFL city.  :)  

Road trips so far:   Cinci (almost a local game), Indy (ditto), Detroit (multiple times), Kansas City (twice, monumental tailgate scene), St. Louis (does that mean I get to count the Rams?), Nashville, Tampa, Charlotte, Houston.  

New Orleans and Denver are prime targets this year.  Tampa is almost definite, because my pal's son lives just south of Clearwater with an open invite to stay at his place- and Allegeant Air has cheapo nonstop direct flights Dayton to St. Pete. Hook up with Flugels and Z- about sure they'll be going to the game.  

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Road trips so far:   Cinci (almost a local game), Indy (ditto), Detroit (multiple times), Kansas City (twice, monumental tailgate scene), St. Louis (does that mean I get to count the Rams?), Nashville, Tampa, Charlotte, Houston.  

New Orleans and Denver are prime targets this year.  Tampa is almost definite, because my pal's son lives just south of Clearwater with an open invite to stay at his place- and Allegeant Air has cheapo nonstop direct flights Dayton to St. Pete. Hook up with Flugels and Z- about sure they'll be going to the game.  

Have friends in Denver and lots of friends in Tampa. Will probably go to both this year.

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I have to reserve a trip to the Fla. Gulf Coast to go on with my wife.   Who knows when I would get there....as I have like 35 other "bucket list" trips that have priority over that one. 

As I said, a couple or three of the other games could be remote possibility.    Again, the NFL keeps us in waiting mode.  Schedule should be coming out like this week...instead of a month from now.  But its not like I am not booked a bit already for travel.  Going to Napa Valley at the end of this month.  Hilton Head early June.  Oklahoma/Arkansas in August.  Still contemplating something for mid Oct.  Oakland-NoCal  or Colorado could be possibles for then.   For Louisiana, I was actually thinking about for next winter...mid Jan-Mid Feb.  Would want to avoid  hurricane entanglements that partially messed me up last year.  An early December Nawlins stay could be a thought.  Post weather issues.  Still good weather there. Averages still in the mid 60s to low 70s. 

5 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Yeah, they really tipped their hands when you read into this trade more closely. It does make me seriously wonder if they got enough of a word that the Browns don't intend to go QB #1 so they wanted to jump in front. If that means the strategy moves to taking said QB #1 instead though there's no qualms from me. It also makes you wonder what sort of kings ransom the Browns could get from the Bills (21, 22, a 2nd and maybe next years 1st) to move up to #4, although I'm pretty opposed to that.

We may well find out what the #4 will fetch because it seems we are not all that open for business at #1 afterall...

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL

The Bills aren't the only team to have contacted the Browns about moving to #1. The Jets did before moving up, the Broncos have as well. Thus far the Browns have been a solid "no" on moving the pick.

6 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I don't buy the JM comparisons one bit

Agree... While I think cursory looks at his tape and press produce similarities, upon closer examination they really do not hold up "upon further review."

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Yes.

Then they will trade the #4 away.

Not even in an alternate universe run by Ray Farmer would we take Lamar Jackson at #1. At least make it something believable like we trade down multi times from #1 and #4 ending up with Jackson later in the draft. Not something I want but at least something in the realm of believable. 

2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Not even in an alternate universe run by Ray Farmer would we take Lamar Jackson at #1. At least make it something believable like we trade down multi times from #1 and #4 ending up with Jackson later in the draft. Not something I want but at least something in the realm of believable. 

Semi-realistic would be that they  draft a combination of Chubb, Minkah, Barkley.....or some other position player....and they go for  QB at the top of round 2.

Only 2 problems with that:   A.  They are NOT going to pass on a QB......they would be crucified, crucified, crucified.   and B. If they did....they would still not take Jackson....they would take Rudolph...or White or Lauletta or one of the others that may be available then.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Semi-realistic would be that they  draft a combination of Chubb, Minkah, Barkley.....or some other position player....and they go for  QB at the top of round 2.

Only 2 problems with that:   A.  They are NOT going to pass on a QB......they would be crucified, crucified, crucified.   and B. If they did....they would still not take Jackson....they would take Rudolph...or White or Lauletta or one of the others that may be available then.

Not that I disagree but Dorsey doesn't strike me as someone who cares about us crucifying him

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

Not that I disagree but Dorsey doesn't strike me as someone who cares about us crucifying him

It would not just be us.   The nation, the planet, the solar system, the galaxy, the universe.

Well...maybe not quite that badly.

You remember what Sam Rutigliano said :   A billion Chinese could care less about who won this game.    (well....now it is up to about 2 billion.)

So...maybe 2 billion Chinese could care less.....but I think Dorsey would.

18 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Hue Jackson calls the shots. He wants another black Tarkenton. I wouldn't put ANYTHING past these jackoffs. Ah.. they DID take Zumba Girl at #1 #1, and Coleman. So, save the theatrics. It ain't like the Browns haven't done dumber things.

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So you are saying that the Browns are racist.

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

What? You think Sashi is still running the draft? It's going to be a quarterback, but definitely not Jackson. We're not taking the 5-6th best quarterback at #1. We may trade out of the #4, but I wouldn't count on it. 

I'd suggest you watch some tape on Chubb- a Zumba instructor he isn't. He's currently my pick at #4. 

They need players who can win football games. What the fukc good is a QB with no running backs, tight ends or WRs? Barkely is the pick at #1, Trade Coleman and Garrett with some combination of this year's #4 and next year's 1st. Pick 3 times in the first round. RB, QB WR  then a WR in the first pick of the second round. ANything else will yield MORE NOTHING

10 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Hue Jackson calls the shots.

Do you see McCarron on our roster?

Jackson may have a voice that's actually listened to and thought about...but Dorsey is calling the shots.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Do you see McCarron on our roster?

Jackson may have a voice that's actually listened to and thought about...but Dorsey is calling the shots.

Yeah, Dorsey's calling the shots........you can hear his muffled voice due to his nose up Hue Jackson's asss.

Dorsey will be gone in a year.

8 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

So you are saying that the Browns are racist.

In reality....quite the contrary.   They were, after all named after  a Brown man.....Joe Louis, the Brown Bomber.

Its just that all the top rated QBs this year happen to be white.  

If there were a Cam Newton,  Jameis Winston...maybe even a DeShaun Watson or Marcus Mariota....all people of color, they would be on them like hotcakes likely.

Besides.....in case you haven't noticed lately....our QB IS black.     (SSSHHHush)

You're overly negative Ghoolie.

I don't see the value of taking a RB #1 overall.  Even Jim Brown in his prime wouldn't be worth that in today's NFL.    -  It's Pass & Rush the Passer.  We want the best QB in the draft.  Not the best RB.  We can do fine with the right 2nd round RB.  - Yes, we need WR.  At TE we 'should' be ok.  Our offense needs all the attention it can get...but the best pass rusher in the draft at #4 would help our team immensely. 

I'm late to this thread, but these news mean a few good things for me: 

1. Browns are not trading down from #1, thus taking the best QB in their board.

2. NY is taking a QB or waiting for the Bills/Denver to get nervous and make the most out of #2. Either way, #2 is a QB too. 

3. Jets take a QB at #3

4. The draft starts again for the Browns with the overall #1 pick but with the addition of a promising QB (let's hope he becomes a good franchise quaterback). Therefore, we can take BPA, or even trade down with Denver and take BPA anyway (this is best case scenario, with NY taking a QB too). 

Anyway, I guess #4 pick has rised its stock, but I doubt anyone will go crazy for the 4th QB: it would show bad planning by a team if ANY Qb would fit into their system, as they're very different prospects. It would be weird for me if the QB board would look COMPLETELY different between NFL teams... There will be probably a consensus on who's 4th best among QB needy teams.

40 minutes ago, Orion said:

You're overly negative Ghoolie.

You are just now getting around to figuring that out about him?

I don't see the value of taking a RB #1 overall.  Even Jim Brown in his prime wouldn't be worth that in today's NFL.    -  It's Pass & Rush the Passer.  We want the best QB in the draft.  Not the best RB.  We can do fine with the right 2nd round RB.  - Yes, we need WR.  At TE we 'should' be ok.  Our offense needs all the attention it can get...but the best pass rusher in the draft at #4 would help our team immensely. 

24 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm late to this thread, but these news mean a few good things for me: 

1. Browns are not trading down from #1, thus taking the best QB in their board.

2. NY is taking a QB or waiting for the Bills/Denver to get nervous and make the most out of #2. Either way, #2 is a QB too. 

3. Jets take a QB at #3

4. The draft starts again for the Browns with the overall #1 pick but with the addition of a promising QB (let's hope he becomes a good franchise quaterback). Therefore, we can take BPA, or even trade down with Denver and take BPA anyway (this is best case scenario, with NY taking a QB too). 

Anyway, I guess #4 pick has rised its stock, but I doubt anyone will go crazy for the 4th QB: it would show bad planning by a team if ANY Qb would fit into their system, as they're very different prospects. It would be weird for me if the QB board would look COMPLETELY different between NFL teams... There will be probably a consensus on who's 4th best among QB needy teams.

Only problem:   who can say that the 4th QB...or even the 5th or 6th QB in this group is any better or any worse than what someone else thinks is #1

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

They need players who can win football games. What the fukc good is a QB with no running backs, tight ends or WRs? Barkely is the pick at #1, Trade Coleman and Garrett with some combination of this year's #4 and next year's 1st. Pick 3 times in the first round. RB, QB WR  then a WR in the first pick of the second round. ANything else will yield MORE NOTHING

In case you haven't heard- this is a weak WR class, so sure, let's draft a couple more Colemans. Barkley is a a Zumba Instructor that can't pick up tough yards inside. 

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Even Jim Brown in his prime wouldn't be worth that in today's NFL.

This just in... JB wasn't seen as worth that in the 50's either.

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

In case you haven't heard- this is a weak WR class, so sure, let's draft a couple more Colemans. Barkley is a a Zumba Instructor that can't pick up tough yards inside. 

I think that was once the narrative, h, but while it lacks elite talent at the top I think it is proving to be deep in good to very good WR talent. We may only see one or two go Day 1, but could easily see a dozen go Day 2.

As for Barky... if there's one criticism of him it is that he does not pound into the line inside.

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Only problem:   who can say that the 4th QB...or even the 5th or 6th QB in this group is any better or any worse than what someone else thinks is #1

It is not about what they will end up being (HOFers, busts, whatever). It is about teams evaluating them and placing them in their board. 

If 4 QB needy teams evaluate the QBs, it would surprise me that all of them have every QB in a different position. Maybe 1 and 2 can be different, but number 4? Each of these quaterbacks have veeery different skillsets, and you start making your team in FA. If you go in one direction in free agency, you should not suddenly go in other direction in the Draft. 

Let's say you want to have a very vertical attack. You sign 2 WR, one of whom is a speedster and a TE who can go deep. In that scenario I see more a QB like Allen drafted than Mayfield, for example. So you put Allen in the top and Mayfield on 4th. If you are Denver or Buffalo, are you trading up to #4 if only Mayfield is available? 

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We may well find out what the #4 will fetch because it seems we are not all that open for business at #1 afterall...

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL

The Bills aren't the only team to have contacted the Browns about moving to #1. The Jets did before moving up, the Broncos have as well. Thus far the Browns have been a solid "no" on moving the pick.

If "multiple teams" have contacted the Browns about the #1, it only makes sense they've talked to the Giants about #2 also. NY is standing pat for the minute too.

Archived