THE BROWNS BOARD

The GOONS

The Gipper

I had come up with a good nickname for the Browns DL last year.  I  came up with The GOONS   for Garrett, Ogbah, Ogunobi, Nassib, Shelton.  But Shelton is gone.   But they now have  Chris Smith on the DL.....so the name still works. 

But I don't know what would happen if they in fact took Chubb.    I guess they could be The COONS.....but that would not likely be acceptable, plus it leaves Garret's name out.   So...how about this:

Chubb

Ogbah

Nassib

Garrett

Ogunjobi

They could end up being:   The CONGO  line.

Congo...conga....close enough.

The good thing about this nickname... Is that Congo is not a place you would like to visit. Sure, the nature is unbelievable, but I believe they have been a war zone for many decades. 

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I had come up with a good nickname for the Browns DL last year.  I  came up with The GOONS   for Garrett, Ogbah, Ogunobi, Nassib, Shelton.  But Shelton is gone.   But they now have  Chris Smith on the DL.....so the name still works. 

But I don't know what would happen if they in fact took Chubb.    I guess they could be The COONS

LMAO

Yeah I don't think this would be acceptable

really stupid idea.

goon
ɡo͞on/
noun
informal
plural noun: goons
  1. 1.
    a silly, foolish, or eccentric person.
  2. 2.
    North American
    a bully or thug, especially one hired to terrorize or do away with opposition.
    "a squad of goons waving pistols"

8 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I don't like it and plenty of people would scream racism if they did indeed use it. I'm surprised you don't know that. 

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

For a big,  Badass defensive line that would want to knock your block off?   It would be a very good name. 

Might as well call us "The Mooks".

Goon is an insult in my generation that refers to a person who is a chronic masturbator.

goon 
Well-known slang term in sexual subculture of chronic and compulsive masturbators, used both as a verb and a noun. Means achieving the trance-like blissful state reached when riding the edge of cumming for as long as possible, perhaps many minutes or even hours at a time. Also denoting the absence of control, compulsively pursuing that feeling as a avid masturbator. The term has been in frequent use for at least ten years, perhaps emerging from the physical look of one who is "gooning" or "in the goon," which is a self-possessed, glassy eyed stare of stupidity (thus, an oaf). Also known as "bator mush" and "slain in the bate."

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

really stupid idea.

goon
ɡo͞on/
noun
informal
plural noun: goons
  1. 1.
    a silly, foolish, or eccentric person.
  2. 2.
    North American
    a bully or thug, especially one hired to terrorize or do away with opposition.
    "a squad of goons waving pistols"

Yes....exactly..... guys hired to terrorize the opposition....such as opposing Quarterbacks. That is the precise point. 

I mean....what do you think the terms "Fearsome"  "Doomsday"  "People Eaters" "Crush" etc. imply?   That you are going to shred your opponents.

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Get to the AFC Championship game and we can start discussing nicknames.

Zombo

Well....we haven't been to the AFC title game since 1989.....and they are still using the Dawgs  nickname.   (It has always been my opinion that that name should have stayed exclusively with the Dixon/Minniefield etc. defense...and not carried on past them)

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....we haven't been to the AFC title game since 1989.....and they are still using the Dawgs  nickname.   (It has always been my opinion that that name should have stayed exclusively with the Dixon/Minniefield etc. defense...and not carried on past them)

Love the Dawgs nickname, glad it stood the test of time.

Maybe when we start winning your name will stick too and they  will be the Coon Dawgs,

Zombo

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Love the Dawgs nickname, glad it stood the test of time.

Maybe when we start winning your name will stick too and they  will be the Coon Dawgs,

Zombo

That's because the fans and players always hated the Brownies! Sounds like a girl scout organization. 

Archived