THE BROWNS BOARD

What's your worst case scenario?

Out of all of the rumors only one scares me, and that's Josh Allen. If we take him and some offensive lineman that's the only way I can see us messing up this draft.

If we can land a combination of any of these guys I will be happy with the 1st round.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, L. Jackson

Barkley

Ward, Alexander, J. Jackson

Chubb

What are your guys worst case scenario?

49 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Out of all of the rumors only one scares me, and that's Josh Allen. If we take him and some offensive lineman that's the only way I can see us messing up this draft.

If we can land a combination of any of these guys I will be happy with the 1st round.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, L. Jackson

Barkley

Ward, Alexander, J. Jackson

Chubb

What are your guys worst case scenario?

Lamar Jackson would be the worst case scenario.

I don't get the L. Jackson hate. He's a better passer than Allen. He has a ton of potential and he would get atleast a free year to sit and learn behind tyrod.

I know using 1 or 4 isn't ideal but if we trade back a little or take him at 33 then how that is a bad thing. He is a better prospect than Watson last year and I'm sure you guys wish we had that pick back. For the record I wasn't a fan of Watson either

22 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I don't get the L. Jackson hate. He's a better passer than Allen. He has a ton of potential and he would get atleast a free year to sit and learn behind tyrod.

I know using 1 or 4 isn't ideal but if we trade back a little or take him at 33 then how that is a bad thing. He is a better prospect than Watson last year and I'm sure you guys wish we had that pick back. For the record I wasn't a fan of Watson either

That is a bold.....off base statement to say that he is a better prospect than Watson.  

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That is a bold.....off base statement to say that he is a better prospect than Watson.  

Lamar is a bigger, stronger, more athletic prospect. He needs to develop as a passer but his tools are better. Lamar can simply make plays no one else can. He was Louisvilles offense and I think he forced plays because the running game was atrocious. 

Watson was on a superstar team throwing to multiple NFL receivers. He did better in the NFL than I thought he would because I saw him as a system guy. Most mocks had Watson as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. I have rarely seen Jackson projected out of the 1st

Allen and Barkley would be a nightmare. 

And this opinion has been empowered by the constant bombarding of Cal and PoG. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Allen and Barkley would be a nightmare. 

And this opinion has been empowered by the constant bombarding of Cal and PoG. 

Winner! ~ For the dumbest reason!!! - And I don't like calling people dumb but the reason you gave... That is what children do.

And BTW- it's not bombarding- what I was doing; posting the news and showing highlights, game film, commentary or stories... that's called dispersing information... the "bombarding" come from the rat-pack, a few individuals that just like to talk smack or diss on other people's opinions or troll certain individuals or hold grudges. 

Going through a Shmucking 0-16 season gives you the right to like whoever the Shmuck you want. So, if child like individuals don't care to hear it or discuss it without acting like an entitled brat they should probably find a different thread to go into? Does that make sense? And other than the poor MODS, not one person is forced to entertain the information that is being provided. It is meant for the people that want to read about it. 

If you think Rosen is the best thing since sliced bread, who the Shmuck am I to tell you that you are wrong or that you're an idiot for liking the guy? I could tell you why I think you are wrong or why I believe that my selection is a better one. Once again, I'll say it again- it's 2018 and I shouldn't have to call out supposedly grown men on how to act on a message forum. 

In a couple of posts I called Josh Rosen - Frozen and Sam Darnold - Ronald MacDarnold... I was wrong in that. Both guys seem to be pretty good. I get an Eli Manning vibe from Rosen and Darnold reminds me 

Worst case scenario? Busting on a QB #1 and passing on Barkley if he's there at #4. 

There's a good video interview with Jordan Palmer, talks about Sam and Josh a bit, has a good piece about Jordan creating one of the first phone apps- Run Pee App... - I'll post the video. Allen might not be bad... and Barkley and Allen could be a good dynamic duo. 

2 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Lamar is a bigger, stronger, more athletic prospect. He needs to develop as a passer but his tools are better. Lamar can simply make plays no one else can. He was Louisvilles offense and I think he forced plays because the running game was atrocious. 

Watson was on a superstar team throwing to multiple NFL receivers. He did better in the NFL than I thought he would because I saw him as a system guy. Most mocks had Watson as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. I have rarely seen Jackson projected out of the 1st

Lamar is undoubtedly one of the best athletes in the draft. He is not a good QB in my opinion. I have seen plenty of his games. He has accuracy issues, he gets flustered under pressure and doesn't keep his eyes down field and from what I can tell he is pretty much a one read QB. He isn't a first one or 2nd round QB he is like a 4th/5th round guy. He has too many things to fix.

18 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Winner! ~ For the dumbest reason!!! - And I don't like calling people dumb but the reason you gave... That is what children do.

And BTW- it's not bombarding- what I was doing; posting the news and showing highlights, game film, commentary or stories... that's called dispersing information... the "bombarding" come from the rat-pack, a few individuals that just like to talk smack or diss on other people's opinions or troll certain individuals or hold grudges. 

Going through a Shmucking 0-16 season gives you the right to like whoever the Shmuck you want. So, if child like individuals don't care to hear it or discuss it without acting like an entitled brat they should probably find a different thread to go into? Does that make sense? And other than the poor MODS, not one person is forced to entertain the information that is being provided. It is meant for the people that want to read about it. 

If you think Rosen is the best thing since sliced bread, who the Shmuck am I to tell you that you are wrong or that you're an idiot for liking the guy? I could tell you why I think you are wrong or why my selection is a better one. Once again, I'll say it again- it's 2018 and I shouldn't have to call out supposedly grown men on how to act on a message forum. 

In a couple of posts I called Josh Rosen - Frozen and Sam Darnold - Ronald MacDarnold... I was wrong in that. Both guys seem to be pretty good. I get an Eli Manning vibe from Rosen and Darnold reminds me 

Worst case scenario? Busting on a QB #1 and passing on Barkley if he's there at #4. 

There's a good video interview with Jordan Palmer, talks about Sam and Josh a bit, has a good piece about Jordan creating one of the first phone apps- Run Pee App... - I'll post the video. Allen might not be bad... and Barkley and Allen could be a good dynamic duo. 

Hey, maybe it is because English it's not my first language, but I never said it WAS the reason for me to not want Allen and Saquon. Allen's accuracy is concerning as hell to me, as so is Saquon's irregular perfomances throughout the season. 

But when I see someone overlooking those objectively bad stats and posting over and over about 2 prospects when we have 10 picks is something a bit over the top for me. 

And mind you, but if someone takes the time to post repeatedly new posts or new threads about the same stuff over and over... He controls the forum. I myself don't have time to post other stuff many times, and I guess there are many 'silent readers' that do the same. 

You have the right to talk about Saquon, and Cal about Allen, and each opinion should be respected. I understand both sides and I don't consider you stupid for wanting him. Sure they have attractive assets and journalists that I follow like them. 

I'm sorry, but I liked how in September-November we had a thread going about very different prospects, and now we have either Allen/Saquon threads or posts in other completely differently themed threads referred to Allen and Saquon. And that is what has made me like less and less taking any of them. Because I'm tired of hearing/listening about them.

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Hey, maybe it is because English it's not my first language, but I never said it WAS the reason for me to not want Allen and Saquon. Allen's accuracy is concerning as hell to me, as so is Saquon's irregular perfomances throughout the season. 

But when I see someone overlooking those objectively bad stats and posting over and over about 2 prospects when we have 10 picks is something a bit over the top for me. 

And mind you, but if someone takes the time to post repeatedly new posts or new threads about the same stuff over and over... He controls the forum. I myself don't have time to post other stuff many times, and I guess there are many 'silent readers' that do the same. 

You have the right to talk about Saquon, and Cal about Allen, and each opinion should be respected. I understand both sides and I don't consider you stupid for wanting him. Sure they have attractive assets and journalists that I follow like them. 

I'm sorry, but I liked how in September-November we had a thread going about very different prospects, and now we have either Allen/Saquon threads or posts in other completely differently themed threads referred to Allen and Saquon. And that is what has made me like less and less taking any of them. Because I'm tired of hearing/listening about them.

No, I get what you are saying and what I wrote wasn't really directed at you. I just got triggered and had to get some stuff off my chest. I try to keep Saquon stuff in the thread that is dedicated to talking about Saquon, but sometimes the topics can merge together when you start to talk about who you want #1 or what QB has the best mechanics or whatever...

In regards to who "controls the forum" that's the mods, not any one person, some might post more than others but that doesn't mean that they're opinions are less respected. I mean, Gipper posts tons of trivia and general football and sports facts- tons, but regardless, I wouldn't consider that controlling the forum. What controls the forum is what the people respond to, what the people decide to talk about, read or comment on.

The way I see it- The various Barkley threads(really one big pizza- broken into more manageable slices) is what people are interested in. Some of threads had like 5,000 views, that's not all from me or the handful of people that come in to complain about it, it's bigger than that. It might cause a random person who just reads here and there to sign-up to comment and maybe they can contribute to the board in some unforeseen way. Also, taking a RB #1 is somewhat controversial. Normally there's not as many polarizing QBs and it's easier to say "take the QB" no matter what, but when there are so many good ones, and you have multiple picks between 1 and 4, it raises some questions- ie, the chicken or the egg discussion, if you will... 

We're all Browns Fans and we ALL want the Browns to win, except for maybe the few Steeler Spies, and we're all in this together. Where is the love? 

2 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I like Jackson and agree that he gets zero respect as a qb. He runs a fairly complicated offense,  has shown improvement every season. With the right team, he could be awesome. Such a phenomenal athlete, it's not like he can't improve. 

That said,  watson showed time and time again he was clutch when it mattered most.  The stats in the two finals were amazing,  and I don't  think many QB's could've taken the hits he took and rallied them back against that defense. Watson just has "it" 

3 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

You are quickly bordering on POG territoryYou are quickly bordering on POG territory

Mayfield and Nelson ........ even tho Nelson is the 2nd best player in the draft we need to not use a high pick on a guard .....if we were loaded then yes

4 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

No and no.  

44 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I like Jackson and agree that he gets zero respect as a qb. He runs a fairly complicated offense,  has shown improvement every season. With the right team, he could be awesome. Such a phenomenal athlete, it's not like he can't improve. 

That said,  watson showed time and time again he was clutch when it mattered most.  The stats in the two finals were amazing,  and I don't  think many QB's could've taken the hits he took and rallied them back against that defense. Watson just has "it" 

The Cardinal offense is far from complex.  

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The Cardinal offense is far from complex.  

I will admit there was alot of times it felt like the offensive plan was to just let Lamar do his thing, but Petrino is a pro style coach. I'm sure there are some fairly complex stuff in that offense. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You are quickly bordering on POG territoryYou are quickly bordering on POG territory

I've made a case for and against all of the QB prospects. That's just mean.

Darnold- was my pick until I noticed he tends to get nervous in the pocket when the pressure is on. Turn over concerns.

Rosen- most pro ready but I don't like QBs with a history of injuries. Plus character issues

Mayfeild- Deshaun Watson 2.0 just with a slight case of jersey shoreitis

I think with a year or 2 to develop I think Lamar has the highest upside also the biggest chance to bust. It's a different take. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That we trade down is my worst case. 

Use both 1 and 4, then trade up into the 1st for the best RB barring the pick of Barkley as one of those first two.

Mine too. We need to use our 1st and 2nd round picks for ourselves. Trade lower round picks, that's fine.

Another nightmare would be to lose 5-6 winnable games because of idiot HC Hueless Jackass, the worst NFL HC of all time.

Hueless needs 10 wins in his next 23 games or else he breaks Dave Shula's HC 4.5 year record of losing and futility (HJ is 9-39 incl Raiders, DS was 19-52 w/Cincy).

Allen and Barkley in any order but the combination of a big arm and inaccurate QB (which we just had and traded away to Green Bay) and a running back, while he might be great, recent history has proven that a top notch RB can be found in a later round than the top of round 1. 

I hope both have nice long prosperous careers in the NFC.   

And yes, the constant humping of these two prospects  ( who have done nothing in the NFL) has made me have a strong dislike for both players.

Archived