THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler traded

Westside Steve

Former #Browns QB Cody Kessler goes to the #Jaguars to in exchange for a conditional draft pick in 2019, source said. The starter as a rookie gets a fresh start in Jacksonville

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Good landing spot for Kessler.

Actually, yes, from this standpoint:     Bortles was the ONLY QB on the Jags roster!!   They had no backup.  I know because I have them in our Browns Board mock draft and checked that out.   I would have drafted what as left of the Top 6......but they were all gone by the time the Jags turn came up.

My only question is:  why does it have to be "conditional"?   So....if he does not stay on the roster this year...or produce a certain amount what...the Browns get nothing?

29 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Conditional 7th rounder in 2019 

When you consider what we've got for Kess and Shelton compared to what we got for a punter in Andy Lee :unsure:

Keep in mind, Andy Lee COULD punt...he just wouldn’t tackle. 🤫

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Sort of agree... some team, a team nearer the top of the league than the bottom, will see "possibilities" for him as a backup with talent around him.

Not going to spend much to acquire him, but a 6th or 7th, maybe a mid-6th for Kess and our 7th, let's them skip the long waiver-claim line in front of them.

Nearer the top than the bottom? Check...

6th or 7th? Check...

I believe I can claim this acorn!

A small part of me wonders what would have happened if Cody was thrown into a better situation and not literally to the wolves. He was absolutely thrusted into action because all our QB's died and frankly didn't even look terrible. Maintaining an over 65% completion rating throwing to TP and a bunch of scrubs isn't something to scoff at.

I still would have also liked to see what would have happened if he got the week one nod, but here we are.

Well, the Whisperer said to "trust him" on this one....... Then again he also said he would jump in the lake. Then again he also said they would win games and be competitive last year.

I can't wait to hear what The Mumbler says next. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Well, the Whisperer said to "trust him" on this one...

One of many QBs of which he has said that... and by "one of many" I mean "all".

10 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm calling it now.. by mid season.. Kessler will have Bortles job..

Might be onto something there. Kess is definitely more in the Game Manager mold.

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

One of many QBs of which he has said that... and by "one of many" I mean "all"

It really is a shame for Kess. Dude stood tall his rookie year and got the schiltz knocked out of him over and over again, but still performed better than most anyone here ever thought possible (not me). The kid is tough and had Hue even tried to game plan and design plays around Kess's strengths instead of forcing him into his 70's throw the ball deep every phucking play offense, then maybe it would've been a different ending for him.

I'm convinced that had Hue been in total control of Montana, Marino, Elway or Brady, then none of us would even know their names. 

20 hours ago, gumby73 said:

maybe started here ..Who's the qb sitting behind Bortles? take a late Jags 6th or 7th & good luck Kess..

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Nearer the top than the bottom? Check...

6th or 7th? Check...

I believe I can claim this acorn!

you can claim the acorn,but does anybody read these golden green nuggets Gumby throws out there,18 hours before it happens? Paul De-pud-Dee-castro.. quit reading my 5th beer post..:P  

2019 conditional 7th rounder...?

Could there be less compensation that that? I'm confident that Sushi could have reeled in a second rounder- Oh man, things are starting to go downhill fast! 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

It really is a shame for Kess. Dude stood tall his rookie year and got the schiltz knocked out of him over and over again, but still performed better than most anyone here ever thought possible (not me). The kid is tough and had Hue even tried to game plan 

good on you.Sure most remember (as our SoCal fan posted) that Cody had game. Read most of your post on Cody when drafted cause most team local media & football media are  here to sell the game/player..not fans like yourself.thanks for your open honest opinion on Kess

41 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Good trade by the Jags

Head to Dads in Alpena,MI. for walleye tourney 4th of July weekend.beautiful lakes & wilderness trails.Worst part of trip is driving, DC than Chitsburg,PA...Sometimes you must feel like a Steeler Fan logging in here? Northern Michigan has some great areas. My Dad loves his wildlife animals showing up for their feeding times 

39 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

2019 conditional 7th rounder...?

Could there be less compensation that that? I'm confident that Sushi could have reeled in a second rounder- Oh man, things are starting to go downhill fast! 

I heard there was also a bucket of wings at BW3.

STILL the BROWNS seem to be heading in right direction compared to recent years and you don't realistically turn around a 1-31 on a dime.

GO BROWNS 2018, maybe contenders in 2019?

35 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Head to Dads in Alpena,MI. for walleye tourney 4th of July weekend.beautiful lakes & wilderness trails.Worst part of trip is driving, DC than Chitsburg,PA...Sometimes you must feel like a Steeler Fan logging in here? Northern Michigan has some great areas. My Dad loves his wildlife animals showing up for their feeding times 

Grew up in CLE. Moved back for work. I'll never feel like a Steelers fan 

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

... had Hue even tried to game plan and design plays around Kess's strengths instead of forcing him into his 70's throw the ball deep every phucking play offense, then maybe it would've been a different ending for him.

Pretty well sums it up doesn't it?

Archived