THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler traded

Westside Steve

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, Melt Bar and Grilled is a Cleveland restaurant that is branching out in NE Ohio, even one down in Columbus. 

And now Dayton. It's OK if you like a lot of grease and cholesterol...   The portions are huge- one sandwich is easily enough for two to share, unless you have a lumberjack appetite.  Ate several times at the one in Independence... 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hoorta said:

And now Dayton. It's OK if you like a lot of grease and cholesterol...   The portions are huge- one sandwich is easily enough for two to share, unless you have a lumberjack appetite.  Ate several times at the one in Independence... 

I can't believe I'm writing this - but Melt's tofu wings are really, really good. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know why you would do whatever,  but the  state you posted had  Kessler with the best completion pct. of all those listed....but also an 0-8 record.  I was simply comparing his winning record to that of Otto G.

Otto G! That's my son's name! :D

5 hours ago, Ashtabula said:

However, as a sc alum/fan we knew...(apparently a lot)

Poe(BarkMe),Cal(Allen) ,Wonderlic Scores?..I got jars of quarters :lol:

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I hate to say it, but Melt falls in this category for me. Its not bad, but for the hype I heard about it for years, I'm a little underwhelmed. 

I agree....my wife and I went into the one in Montrose  and were totally underwhelmed.

15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Whataburger is one of my favorites. So is Colter's BBQ. I realize they are changed but still they're good.

WSS

I have always like Culver's when I have been in like Wisconsin, Illinois..etc....those areas.   There are none here in NEOhio.

Just now, The Gipper said:

I agree....my wife and I went into the one in Montrose  and were totally underwhelmed.

The thing about melt is that when it started it was a little bit ahead of its time. Up in Lakewood those big fat cheese sandwiches we're pretty damn good and they had a huge selection of beer. Somebody that's not a beer connoisseur probably wouldn't be all that impressed. These days there are plenty of places who have caught up with and surpassed their draft selection.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

The thing about melt is that when it started it was a little bit ahead of its time. Up in Lakewood those big fat cheese sandwiches we're pretty damn good and they had a huge selection of beer. Somebody that's not a beer connoisseur probably wouldn't be all that impressed. These days there are plenty of places who have caught up with and surpassed their draft selection.

WSS

Well.....my wife..being from Wisconsin... fancies herself as a grilled cheese sandwich connoisseur....and she didn't care much about their grilled cheese....which, after all is supposed to be their signature dish.  I would have never thought of them much as being a place for a beer fancier like you. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well.....my wife..being from Wisconsin... fancies herself as a grilled cheese sandwich connoisseur....and she didn't care much about their grilled cheese....which, after all is supposed to be their signature dish.  I would have never thought of them much as being a place for a beer fancier like you. 

Only reason we didn't hit them often back when I used to play McCarthy's Ale House in Lakewood was that the Buckeye Beer Engine was right across the street.

We just haven't gone to the one in Fairlawn because of loyalty to the Winking Lizard and And Ray's place.

WSS

14 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Otto G! That's my son's name! :D

So he's OttoG and you're PoetG? He got the better end of that deal.  :lol:

I had a Great Uncle Otto... he came from the "Old country" on a boat as the oldest of three kids of a widow, my Great Grandmother.

Settled in NYC until the youngest developed a respiratory issue that the NYC air was aggravating.

The cure? Move to Cleveland...

True story...

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

They aren't in Ohio, are they?

Nope I spent a few years in Texas.  Deer Park, Dickinson and Hurst. Fifth and seventh grade.  My family again relocated to Texas in about 73, for a number of years, I stayed here but visited Dallas periodically.

WSS

I'm with Gip regarding "Melt". The one in Fairlawn was not good & I didn't care for the one in Canton either. I also had the bread pudding for desert & it was like a heavy cake....pretty bad.

I will say that I was pleased they had Sierra Nevada Kellerweis on tap. It's a good wheat beer (available year 'round) but hard to find.

Mike

Archived