THE BROWNS BOARD

Post Your Favorite Stoner/Doom Rock Albums!

domcucch1994

I don't think I know what a "stoner/doom rock" album is.  

I can tell you however  a couple of which albums I recall being....shall we say....under the influence of something while listening to and having them seem awesome. These were a long long time ago.

51zJyUc+r6L._SX355_.jpg

cover_14551529102017_r.jpg

Well I wasn't a stoner and wasn't in a dorm but did have my own apartment while I worked my way through college. 

Favorite, hmmmm, well I started college in 1968 just pick one, greatest rock era of all time.

Led Zeppelin was my favorite, Stones, CSN & Y, Hendrix, S & G, I had complete sets in 8 track, still have them. Plus there were a LOT more in that era.

Stoner/Doom rock albums :huh: when your to the point of singing about "Shelfs in the Room" and it's a hit..who wins? 

everybody must get stoned    

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think I know what a "stoner/doom rock" album is.  

I can tell you however  a couple of which albums I recall being....shall we say....under the influence of something while listening to and having them seem awesome. These were a long long time ago.

51zJyUc+r6L._SX355_.jpg

cover_14551529102017_r.jpg

Not sure of the specific definition but it would be my guess that neither one of those come remotely close to being classified as Stoner Doom Rock.

WSS

My favorite LED ZEPPELIN II followed by the original LED ZEPPELIN. If I had a tattoo it would have been that picture!

led_zeppelin_-_led_zeppelin_II-front.jpg

220px-Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_(1969)_front_cover.png

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Not sure of the specific definition but it would be my guess that neither one of those come remotely close to being classified as Stoner Doom Rock.

WSS

OK....like I said, I have no idea what that definition is......so I just went with what I listened to when I was tripping as a result of you spiking my hamburger;)

• 3 months later...

The Doors first album. 

BTW Steve I bought myself a harmonica on ebay this week, so I plan to renew my failed musical career from 61 years ago (Age 10 when the instructor never even showed me how to make noise through a trumpet, nor how to read music). Since that time I have learned about that biblical verse......"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord." That I'm sure I can do.🤩

Archived