THE BROWNS BOARD

Fun things to do while waiting for the April 26th 2018 NFL Draft!

mjp28

Work, a  poster design, taxes and organizing a double bachelor party is what's going to entertain me these days... 

Next week I'm beginning an online Masters degree, and it's funny how unenthusiastic I feel about it comparing to two months ago when I signed up... :rolleyes:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Nero said:

Work, a  poster design, taxes and organizing a double bachelor party is what's going to entertain me these days... 

Next week I'm beginning an online Masters degree, and it's funny how unenthusiastic I feel about it comparing to two months ago when I signed up... :rolleyes:

Masters, that's still interesting day 1, course 1 all of that seems so far away from your goals but it will not be long before you see the light at the end of the tunnel.....and hopefully not a train coming the other way.  :lol:

The payoff and satisfaction are worth it, what is your area of study?  And at least you won't wonder for awhile what to do with all of your free time, buena suerte!

57 minutes ago, Nero said:

a double bachelor party

Gay wedding?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Masters, that's still interesting day 1, course 1 all of that seems so far away from your goals but it will not be long before you see the light at the end of the tunnel.....and hopefully not a train coming the other way.  :lol:

The payoff and satisfaction are worth it, what is your area of study?  And at least you won't wonder for awhile what to do with all of your free time, buena suerte!

I'm Architect, and ended college last year. I'm going to study a Master to become BIM Manager. I suggest you to search what's that about, lol. One hard year long master. But hopefully it's going to put me in a good spot for my career.

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Gay wedding?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Both are very good friends and have most of their "guests" in common and marry one week away one from another, so they decided to combine both parties, and I've got some experience organizing them lately. There were 40 people invited to join the party and we will end up being 20 guys in what's going to be an unbelievable weekend in early June ;)

15 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm Architect, and ended college last year. I'm going to study a Master to become BIM Manager. I suggest you to search what's that about, lol. One hard year long master. But hopefully it's going to put me in a good spot for my career.

Both are very good friends and have most of their "guests" in common and marry one week away one from another, so they decided to combine both parties, and I've got some experience organizing them lately. There were 40 people invited to join the party and we will end up being 20 guys in what's going to be an unbelievable weekend in early June ;)

A double bachelor party requires double the number of hookers. Are there enough of them in Pamplona to service all you all?  Or...will some of you drunk guys be out there trying to "ride" the bulls?:wub:

31 minutes ago, Nero said:

I’m going to Lloret de Mar in June for a boys week 

I’ve heard it’s hardly a paradise... 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What? CBS isn't carrying it, too? lol...

The crowd sound.... kind of a collective "WHOOO"... when it was clear the ball had cleared the fence was unlike any crowd noise I'd heard before. It was really cool.

While I admire your self control nonetheless that must be the world's smallest wine glass...

We'll see. Opening it tonight. Good thing the old winefridge has backups available. Plus I had yesterday confused with today so there's one less day for it to last. Fortunately no one else here likes dry red wines and I have a good air sucker with corks to keep it decent for a week.:D

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We'll see. Opening it tonight. Good thing the old winefridge has backups available. Plus I had yesterday confused with today so there's one less day for it to last. Fortunately no one else here likes dry red wines and I have a good air sucker with corks to keep it decent for a week.:D

Vac-u-vin... great invention.

My daughter bought me one of those cork-piercing, pour-a-single-glass thingies as seen on TV... I managed a smile...

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A double bachelor party requires double the number of hookers. Are there enough of them in Pamplona to service all you all?  Or...will some of you drunk guys be out there trying to "ride" the bulls?:wub:

We don't do hookers nor strippers. Not even gambling. Only alcohol and activities (paintball, karts...). I'm making a case so we go rafting this time. 

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m going to Lloret de Mar in June for a boys week 

I’ve heard it’s hardly a paradise... 

It's a great place, certainly. And they're used to red skin brits :P Have fun! ;)

1 hour ago, Nero said:

We don't do hookers nor strippers. Not even gambling. Only alcohol and activities (paintball, karts...). I'm making a case so we go rafting this time. 

Sure...right...that is what you have to say on a public forum.:blush:

It's a great place, certainly. And they're used to red skin brits :P Have fun! ;)

Do they mistake them for potatos?

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Sounds good,  I spent most of my working career in the steel industry starting in basic steel with US STEEL and ended up with NUCOR in their steel joist, girder and deck division before retiring. It was quite interesting and I liked NUCOR, great company.

I did get my MBA finished while at NUCOR.

45 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Sounds good,  I spent most of my working career in the steel industry starting in basic steel with US STEEL and ended up with NUCOR in their steel joist, girders and deck division before retiring. It was quite interesting and I liked NUCOR, great company.

A Steeler!

I knew there was something I liked about you! lol

Yeah baby, my dad, father-in-law and I were all maintenance foreman at US STEEL......

.......but never in PA.:P

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Sounds good,  I spent most of my working career in the steel industry starting in basic steel with US STEEL and ended up with NUCOR in their steel joist, girder and deck division before retiring. It was quite interesting and I liked NUCOR, great company.

I invested in it a few years back. It's done very well for me. I just reinvest the dividends.

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I invested in it a few years back. It's done very well for me. I just reinvest the dividends.

NUCOR (NUE) has historically been a great stock,  never reduced a dividend, in my day never laid anyone off and used to split all the time. It has really grown especially after I retired. 

On 4/17/2018 at 9:36 PM, mjp28 said:

Well if any of you chose watch the INDIANS in Puerto Rico up 5-0 top 7 with Kluber.  Lindor scored first runs 2R HR and the place went wild.

And tonight 0-0 top 13th,  wow and I've watched it all.  :huh:

On 4/17/2018 at 4:28 AM, mjp28 said:

Well we BROWNS fans have been kicking around this draft stuff since the last CLE vs pit game, four long months we need something else to do until it's April 26....this is worse than waiting for Christmas when you're 6 years old, I know make a to do list!

x    do taxes, done.

x    make a quarterback list, done to death

do another mock draft? :o

watch the INDIANS  play in Puerto Rico starting Tuesday, *4/17/18 and Wednesday  4/18/18, now that will be neat!  :D

get ready for the Kentucky Derby 5/5/18, hey that's Cinco de Mayo too, woo-hoo 

I know get ready for summer, now there's  something to look forward too in NE OHIO!

Any other ideas? Please?

*edit, the INDIANS are off Monday and play Tuesday (FS1) Wednesday (STO/ESPN) in Puerto Rico. 

You don't have to put jack off on the list. Guys here got that one down to a science.

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And now 1-1 bottom of the 14th.:lol:

Yeah getting all the milage  they can out of this trip. Top 15.

Back to the topic.....

At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

Mike 

12 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Back to the topic.....

At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

Mike 

Mike which list do you use? I often print drafttek list of the first 300. Each page has 100 players on it.

https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2018.asp

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I sense the presence of Jim Cramer.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I sense the presence of Jim Cramer.

jim_cramer-1.jpg

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Mike which list do you use? I often print drafttek list of the first 300. Each page has 100 players on it.

Second Draft I'm going to watch. Maybe I'll print that! Though I think I'll only watch Rounds 1-2 and probably all of them sound familiar to me .

On 4/18/2018 at 2:58 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Well, as the original board wino, I had a vacu-vin once upon a time, didn't like it. Here's why. When you create a vacuum on top of wine, it sucks all those nice volatile aromas out of the wine into the vacuum too. LOL, most bottles don't last long enough around here for me to do multiple tastings out of them. If I was going to try and preserve a great wine, I'd get a can of compressed nitrogen (same principle as those really pricey Cruvinets). The really old (20+ y.o.) wines I have start changing the minute you open them. I do have a bottle of Kenwood Sonoma chardonnay that's been sitting in the 'fridge for a week or two. I don't worry about the everyday swill $10 Cline Old Vine zinfandel I keep lying around when the wife wants something to drink while she's watching House Hunters International. :) 

Draft Day I'll probably stick with some 2013 Napa Cellars "V" (their top of the line) Cabernet I got at a massive post off sale. Nothing like getting an $80 wine for $25 bucks- and it tastes like a $80 cab. If I hear any QBs name that isn't Allen or (unlikely) Jackson at #1, it will be time to break out the Diplomatico or Lagavullin.  

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Since he is on TV he will become what?  Our new Treasury Secretary?

I know you're joking but that is one scary thought...

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Bill,

I was just going to Google one, but now I'll probably just use this one you posted. THANKS!

Mike

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, as the original board wino, I had a vacu-vin once upon a time, didn't like it. Here's why. When you create a vacuum on top of wine, it sucks all those nice volatile aromas out of the wine into the vacuum too. LOL, most bottles don't last long enough around here for me to do multiple tastings out of them. If I was going to try and preserve a great wine, I'd get a can of compressed nitrogen (same principle as those really pricey Cruvinets). The really old (20+ y.o.) wines I have start changing the minute you open them. I do have a bottle of Kenwood Sonoma chardonnay that's been sitting in the 'fridge for a week or two. I don't worry about the everyday swill $10 Cline Old Vine zinfandel I keep lying around when the wife wants something to drink while she's watching House Hunters International. :) 

Draft Day I'll probably stick with some 2013 Napa Cellars "V" (their top of the line) Cabernet I got at a massive post off sale. Nothing like getting an $80 wine for $25 bucks- and it tastes like a $80 cab. If I hear any QBs name that isn't Allen or (unlikely) Jackson at #1, it will be time to break out the Diplomatico or Lagavullin.  

Had to share that bottle of Napa Cab with my son in law tonight so I'm down to about 2 glasses left. Thinking about one of my Bordeauxs next. And if I hear Allen it will be a triple shot of Diplomatico.:wacko:

Archived