THE BROWNS BOARD

It's confirmed ... Sashi Sucked

darren15

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well.....consensus is fine...if it can be reached.  But what if it cannot...what if there was  as you say an absence of consensus?    Someone has to take the GW Bush role and become "The Decider".  That was Sashi's role, was it not?   I doubt that there was complete consensus on some of those trade downs.

I mean, the other alternative could have been that they reached the consensus the way the German High Command reached consensus:  "This is what you want Mein Fuhrer?  Yes, we all agree with you..of course.  Seig Heil".    But no....I don't think it was quite in that manner that consensus was reached (maybe in some organizations:  Patriots with BB, Cowboys with JJ).  

So, Sachi became the decider.

Nope... Either you arrive at a consensus and act upon it in unison, or you do not and move on.

Consensus means all vested parties at minimum come to live with the decision of the group, not that all have to embrace it equally. It is a coercion-free process driven by the power of the idea, not whose idea it is. There is no other route to consensus.

Sashi facilitated. His only decision was when it was time to move on from an impasse to the next idea.

36 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Nope... Either you arrive at a consensus and act upon it in unison, or you do not and move on.

Consensus means all vested parties at minimum come to live with the decision of the group, not that all have to embrace it equally. It is a coercion-free process driven by the power of the idea, not whose idea it is. There is no other route to consensus.

Sashi facilitated. His only decision was when it was time to move on from an impasse to the next idea.

Well....if Sachi was not a strong enough personality to make a decision without a consensus.....if all he ever did was to  "move on"  to consider something else when a tough decision has to be made, we are indeed better off without him. 

I have sat on enough political and charitable boards to know that, yes  you try as hard as you can for consensus, but if there is a minority of dissenting views.....and if it is the job of the top executive to move on a matter....you do so regardless of the dissent...or a lack of complete consensus.  

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....if Sachi was not a strong enough personality to make a decision without a consensus.....if all he ever did was to  "move on"  to consider something else when a tough decision has to be made, we are indeed better off without him. 

I have sat on enough political and charitable boards to know that, yes  you try as hard as you can for consensus, but if there is a minority of dissenting views.....and if it is the job of the top executive to move on a matter....you do so regardless of the dissent...or a lack of complete consensus.  

My condolences to the other board members...

Clearly you are incapable of learning.

50 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My condolences to the other board members...

Clearly you are incapable of learning.

Translation:   I am Shmucking right on.  And you cannot handle it...because you had your head stuck so far up Sachi's butt that you were unable or unwilling to see his failures. 

Bottom line:  consensus building is all fine well and good.   Leadership requires decision making when there there is no consensus. 

Hell...I have all kinds of plaques on my walls because I had to engage in both:  consensus building and decision making.  I have likely forgotten more than you have ever learned about the subject.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Sure, Gip... you have plaques...

All I got was a decade's worth of paychecks...

Well....see that seems that is all you got out of your profession.   I am self employed, never got paychecks....except for the small ones from my part time magistrates job.

I have had to nurture a practice to get paid, thus I have done all that civic duty shite... You know like serving as Board President for like 5 different entities. Serving on City Council, Zoning Boards...etc. etc.   You know, stuff where leadership was required to get things done....even if it meant being the sole "decider". 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Come on now, the Gipper has a decade's worth of paychecks. Well since 1976 anyway.

🤑

WSS

Well, lets see...just a personal review:    I was getting paychecks in 1976 and in 1977 for 8- months (from ACME) ..then I started law school.   Then went without for the next 9 months.  Got a Clerk job in summer 1978...and had that part time job (2 jobs) until time to take the Bar Exam in 1980.  Then went until Jan. 1984 with no paychecks.   Then got paid a small amount  for City Council...til Jan. 88.    Then went without a paycheck until  June 1991. Since then, I have been receiving small part time paychecks for being Magistrate for 3 different cities. (not all at the same time). Still get them now....but now I get SS.  That started in like just this Feb.  Will also start getting PERS here in May or June.  For purposes of that I am re-employed.  And yes, I guess you can say I am double dipping.

But those paychecks for Council/Mag. by no means paid the bills.   Only got like 2500-3000 per year.

Look, all I'm gonna say is that if this draft nets us a true to God franchise QB and an elite player at 1/4, along with adding at least one quality player in the 2nd you can't just throw Sashi in the mud. He's directly responsible for this draft, which he lined up intentionally to be this way. Now I would have seriously doubted his pick selections, but he should at least get a foot note.

42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....see that seems that is all you got out of your profession.   I am self employed, never got paychecks....except for the small ones from my part time magistrates job.

I have had to nurture a practice to get paid, thus I have done all that civic duty shite... You know like serving as Board President for like 5 different entities. Serving on City Council, Zoning Boards...etc. etc.   You know, stuff where leadership was required to get things done....even if it meant being the sole "decider". 

Every keystroke continues to prove you have no idea what consensus decision making is about.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well, lets see...just a personal review:    I was getting paychecks in 1976 and in 1977 for 8- months (from ACME) ..then I started law school.   Then went without for the next 9 months.  Got a Clerk job in summer 1978...and had that part time job (2 jobs) until time to take the Bar Exam in 1980.  Then went until Jan. 1984 with no paychecks.   Then got paid a small amount  for City Council...til Jan. 88.    Then went without a paycheck until  June 1991. Since then, I have been receiving small part time paychecks for being Magistrate for 3 different cities. (not all at the same time). Still get them now....but now I get SS.  That started in like just this Feb.  Will also start getting PERS here in May or June.  For purposes of that I am re-employed.  And yes, I guess you can say I am double dipping.

But those paychecks for Council/Mag. by no means paid the bills.   Only got like 2500-3000 per year.

🤐😉

WSS

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Every keystroke continues to prove you have no idea what consensus decision making is about.

Every keystroke proves that you do not know what leadership decision making is about.  (and over 35 years of experience at it says that I certainly know what consensus decision making is about....and when it can be deployed and when it cannot.  I had to engage in both just this morning.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Every keystroke proves that you do not know what leadership decision making is about.  (and over 35 years of experience at it says that I certainly know what consensus decision making is about....and when it can be deployed and when it cannot.  I had to engage in both just this morning.

**Breathlessly awaiting details that will never come.**

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I know Tour. We're discussed it before. The concept of true consensus decision making is something that's far, far beyond the ability of normal humans being able to grasp. It takes a minimum of a Law degree from Harvard or a PhD from MIT to be able to fully understand it. There has to be a time where there's no consensus, and somebody has to make a decision. If you browbeat the dissenters into your POV, that's not consensus. Or it's three votes for Garrett, 2 for Trubisky- it's Garrett. 

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

There has to be a time where there's no consensus, and somebody has to make a decision.

Sorry, h., but that's just not the case.

Failing to reach consensus is a decision... one of two possible decisions. That is what it is hard for some folks to understand.

2 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

Me...

3 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

Mayfield is a hybrid. I tweeted this earlier... he's right at the intersection of football guy street and data darling avenue.

33 minutes ago, Mike H said:

Mayfield is a hybrid. I tweeted this earlier... he's right at the intersection of football guy street and data darling avenue.

Stat monster with a football guy attytude...

Just have a feeling that he's been as good as he's ever gonna be and I'm not confident that the 'tude translates.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Stat monster with a football guy attytude...

Just have a feeling that he's been as good as he's ever gonna be and I'm not confident that the 'tude translates.

If the tude doesn't translate, and he's truly capped out, then he'll come down to earth pretty damn quickly. Let's hope neither are true.

10 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

I am not sure ironic is the right word.   Perhaps logical is a better word.

6 hours ago, Mike H said:

If the tude doesn't translate, and he's truly capped out, then he'll come down to earth pretty damn quickly. Let's hope neither are true.

I see the "tude" as being a bit  Namath like....or Favre-ish".    But it will be his talent, not his 'tude that matters.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

But it will be his talent, not his 'tude that matters.

Possibly, but Baker feels like one of those guys where the two are closely linked.

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Possibly, but Baker feels like one of those guys where the two are closely linked.

Yea, but without the latter, the former won't matter.  All the swag on earth won't make you play better if you don't have the capability.  The swag can maybe ramp up the talent a bit....but that base talent must be there.

Archived