THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at Texans... Dec 2

Tour2ma

26 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Hey Flugs, you know, after the 1999 season, this is the first upcoming season where I am actually getting the feeling of being left out if I don't make the effort to get to at least 1 game. It is starting to feel like we have a team again, you know what I mean, a team that has some potential and talent. I blasted you for pimping Sewage and Romeo, but always realized it was just your love for the Browns rearing its head. I really just never believed in those guys Tom, I just could not get into it.

One of my staples, or mantras, whatever the hell we call it was that I wanted guys longer on character, drive, passion over the analytical crap. I like overachievers. Kosar, Sipe, Brennan, Alzado V2.0, Joe D V 2.0, Nelsen, Calvin Hill V2.0..... and on it goes. This Mayfield kid is kind of up my alley. We added some buckeye talent, and for all my calling Dorsey, Dorkey....he has balls................ he didn't play it safe....he went out on a limb. He didn't trade down, he stood by his guns, and he picked talent based on his own set of values and standards.

If he fails, I won't turn on him. You know I liked Butch Davis as well. Still do. Dorsey is going to do this with passion, bullheadedness and a presence....Sashi wasn't that guy... although you have to give him credit for giving us picks.

This feels like what we should have been doing in 1999. If I am not full of schidt, an 8 win season is not that far fetched. I believe we will see Roethlisberger menaced this year. Not being able to double team Garrett every down, I am telling you, is going to be the finger in the dyke. I think the D is going to feast on QBS.

We got football again, Tommy..... we got football.

So are you going to Houston this year? Sure would like to meet the crazy bastard they call Ghoolie. 

8 hours ago, Nero said:

Nosebleed seats... That's an interesting term I'm going to save in my vocabulary!

simplified translation for you Nero. Seats so way high up they're not very good.  

Yeah, I'm spoiled- that's what going on 40 years of seat seniority will do for you. OK, this image is 13 rows higher from where I'm at, but you get the idea. PS, before we got lucky and moved down, looking at the top section on the other  side of the stadium, the top 5-10 rows are considered "nosebleed".   :)  

FirstEnergy Stadium, section: 111, row: 22, seat: 1

On 5/21/2018 at 9:52 PM, Comeonman said:

So are you going to Houston this year? Sure would like to meet the crazy bastard they call Ghoolie. 

I don't know. But, let me say this. Your interest is not only flattering, but this is honestly the first time in a long, long time that I have wanted to see a Browns game and connect with some of my friends. I have a terrible lot of things going on with the launching of a new start-up company, but I really am going to make an effort. Stay tuned and I will see. If it is possible, I will go.

10 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Hey Tour, is there a Browns Backers party the night before or what else did that guy tell you?

I'm assuming they will have a party- they had one last year.  They will have a Tailgate too. Unfortunately it was (literally) a mile away from the Tailgate I wound up at...   Captain Weber of the Burke Lot Tailgate extravaganza managed to hook us up with one of the Texans crowd Tailgate, https://www.facebook.com/BullsOnMcNee/  Awesome folks, unlimited food and booze.   

Doubtless Tour will have updates as they become available. Or check in on the Space City BB web or Facebook page. (nothing there yet- I just checked)    

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't know. But, let me say this. Your interest is not only flattering, but this is honestly the first time in a long, long time that I have wanted to see a Browns game and connect with some of my friends. I have a terrible lot of things going on with the launching of a new start-up company, but I really am going to make an effort. Stay tuned and I will see. If it is possible, I will go.

Good luck with your company and I hope you can make it, I would like to meet as many people from the board as I can. I have a crazy feeling the Browns might actually start turning things around. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm assuming they will have a party- they had one last year.  They will have a Tailgate too. Unfortunately it was (literally) a mile away from the Tailgate I wound up at...   Captain Weber of the Burke Lot Tailgate extravaganza managed to hook us up with one of the Texans crowd Tailgate, https://www.facebook.com/BullsOnMcNee/  Awesome folks, unlimited food and booze.   

Doubtless Tour will have updates as they become available. Or check in on the Space City BB web or Facebook page. (nothing there yet- I just checked)    

Seems pretty awesome... but was it just you and a Sheet ton of Texans fans?

37 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Good luck with your company and I hope you can make it, I would like to meet as many people from the board as I can. I have a crazy feeling the Browns might actually start turning things around. 

I believe the Big Tailgate this year will be before the Jets Thursday night game.   The International set is supposed to be in then.....Z comes up from Fla, MarkO comes in from Calif.....Hoorta comes in  and several others from around the country show up....plus the local brood like myself/WSS etc. etc. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I believe the Big Tailgate this year will be before the Jets Thursday night game.   The International set is supposed to be in then.....Z comes up from Fla, MarkO comes in from Calif.....Hoorta comes in  and several others from around the country show up....plus the local brood like myself/WSS etc. etc. 

Guess I may have to try and make two games this year

First.... Phoolie has "friends"?

On 5/23/2018 at 12:53 AM, hoorta said:

Safe assumption, h... and Come on... it's a Browns Backers gathering so will be 90+% Browns fans although I will have three Texans fans in tow...

46 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Safe assumption, h... and Come on... it's a Browns Backers gathering so will be 90+% Browns fans although I will have three Texans fans in tow...

Well....I may have the same perhaps.   Unless I can exercise some parental control on my daughter  (why do you think I can start doing that now?)....she and her  S.O. and his brother may be DAT fans.     And I am supposed to buy tickets for them?   Oi!

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

First.... Phoolie has "friends"?

I probably will do the BB's Tailgate this year Tour. Almost for sure stay at the same hotel. Plans depend on getting the wife to take up invite of her friend to hang out in San Antonio. That happens, I'll drive over to Houston Saturday.

On 5/21/2018 at 10:25 PM, Ghoolie said:

Hey Flugs, you know, after the 1999 season, this is the first upcoming season where I am actually getting the feeling of being left out if I don't make the effort to get to at least 1 game. It is starting to feel like we have a team again, you know what I mean, a team that has some potential and talent. I blasted you for pimping Sewage and Romeo, but always realized it was just your love for the Browns rearing its head. I really just never believed in those guys Tom, I just could not get into it.

One of my staples, or mantras, whatever the hell we call it was that I wanted guys longer on character, drive, passion over the analytical crap. I like overachievers. Kosar, Sipe, Brennan, Alzado V2.0, Joe D V 2.0, Nelsen, Calvin Hill V2.0..... and on it goes. This Mayfield kid is kind of up my alley. We added some buckeye talent, and for all my calling Dorsey, Dorkey....he has balls................ he didn't play it safe....he went out on a limb. He didn't trade down, he stood by his guns, and he picked talent based on his own set of values and standards.

If he fails, I won't turn on him. You know I liked Butch Davis as well. Still do. Dorsey is going to do this with passion, bullheadedness and a presence....Sashi wasn't that guy... although you have to give him credit for giving us picks.

This feels like what we should have been doing in 1999. If I am not full of schidt, an 8 win season is not that far fetched. I believe we will see Roethlisberger menaced this year. Not being able to double team Garrett every down, I am telling you, is going to be the finger in the dyke. I think the D is going to feast on QBS.

We got football again, Tommy..... we got football.

Good stuff!  As much as you and I have always enjoyed breaking out the cyber mallets on each other - it's great to see you and others excited about what you're seeing. 

My walk with football has always been if I can't show up with a game face - I'm in the wrong place. I've always gone Linus in the Pumpkin Patch on every new regime inheriting the top picks of their first draft.  I had fun busting balls with you and Rich about us winning 10 games in 2007.  Speaking of Ohio State Buckeyes - I also LOVED it when Savage signed Free Agent Center LeCharles Bentley. As our luck at the time would have it, his NFL career ended on the 1st day of practice in shorts without contact.  That happened while I was driving my dad and cousin from Rochester, NY to see the afternoon session of training camp.  All that said, I posted big time frustration with Savage when our 2008 draft that didn't begin until round 4 netted only 1 keeper (Rubin) was further compounded by trading away all but 4 picks for the 2009 draft. 

To your point above, I'm starting to see an inventory of players/play makers that I don't have to get all creative to get excited about.   When we're in a passing era, it's nice to finally see some real effort into upgrading WR, CB and QB the way we did this off-season.  I think the selection of Ward at #4 not only acknowledged a need to finally put a corner in our lineup capable of competing with the Antonio Browns, AJ Greens and Michael Crabtrees of our division - but it also takes into acct we have 2 DEs that were drafted at #1 overall and #32 overall.  Ogbah actually had 2.5 more sacks than the turbo-hyped Bradley Chubb had in his final 2 years of college ball.  It should be fun to watch him and Garrett play at the same time this year.  Prior to getting injured last year, Ogbah was the #1 rated DE against the run by PFF for most of the time he was healthy.  He also led us in sacks before Garrett played enough to top him.

- I.M. Sickasucky (the knucklehead formerly known as Flugel)

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

Good stuff!  As much as you and I have always enjoyed breaking out the cyber mallets on each other - it's great to see you and others excited about what you're seeing. 

My walk with football has always been if I can't show up with a game face - I'm in the wrong place. I've always gone Linus in the Pumpkin Patch on every new regime inheriting the top picks of their first draft.  I had fun busting balls with you and Rich about us winning 10 games in 2007.  Speaking of Ohio State Buckeyes - I also LOVED it when Savage signed Free Agent Center LeCharles Bentley. As our luck at the time would have it, his NFL career ended on the 1st day of practice in shorts without contact.  That happened while I was driving my dad and cousin from Rochester, NY to see the afternoon session of training camp.  All that said, I posted big time frustration with Savage when our 2008 draft that didn't begin until round 4 netted only 1 keeper (Rubin) was further compounded by trading away all but 4 picks for the 2009 draft. 

To your point above, I'm starting to see an inventory of players/play makers that I don't have to get all creative to get excited about.   When we're in a passing era, it's nice to finally see some real effort into upgrading WR, CB and QB the way we did this off-season.  I think the selection of Ward at #4 not only acknowledged a need to finally put a corner in our lineup capable of competing with the Antonio Browns, AJ Greens and Michael Crabtrees of our division - but it also takes into acct we have 2 DEs that were drafted at #1 overall and #32 overall.  Ogbah actually had 2.5 more sacks than the turbo-hyped Bradley Chubb had in his final 2 years of college ball.  It should be fun to watch him and Garrett play at the same time this year.  Prior to getting injured last year, Ogbah was the #1 rated DE against the run by PFF for most of the time he was healthy.  He also led us in sacks before Garrett played enough to top him.

- I.M. Sickasucky (the knucklehead formerly known as Flugel)

A few points and I defer to your personnel expertise. I listened to the Browns on Sirius all year, as Sunday is a busy day for Cathy and I. I can't stand to hear the homer pimping crap so I always listen to the opposing team's radio coverage. Without exception, each and every week the opposing announcers gushed over Ogbah calling him a one-man wrecking crew. I personally think the guy is a badass. However, it seems as though Browns fans don't like the guy. WTF is up with that?

On Garrett - He has a way to go to get me past my venom for him. The bullschidt he did about Jerry Jones? Honestly, I would never have drafted him. I don't buy this " he is just a kid" nonsense. He is a dumb fauhk, he really is. The kid reminds me of a dumb high school blonde whore. That doesn't mean he can't make something of himself, but if I had a chance to meet him, seriously, as I did to the big Steeler Linebacker SOB, I would call him a cuunt. I hate these A-holes who don't understand loyalty and who respect nothing but themselves. 

Garrett is fast. He isn't a badass. He doesn't strike physical fear into anyone, and he never will. He worries people because his speed and agility is enough to get to the QB. I am okay with that. I just don't want to hear the horseschdit of comparing him to Bruce Smith, Deacon Jones, even Joe Turkey Jones. Garrett is NONE of that. he is a Millennial who is more into group hugs than he is providing intensity. Signing himself up for concussion protocol? Fauhking Merrill Hoge was forgetting where his nutsack was and they had to forcibly yank him, while he was kicking and screaming, off the field. Garrett ain't that. I will root for him, but I don't want to hear comparisons about how tough this caulk sucker is. To me....he is a pussy. He is no different from homosexual figure skaters. He is fast and has agility. I honestly think he is a homosexual, he surely is effeminate.

I will lay off the guy, but just don't tell me he is a badass. He isn't.

My true gut feeling is that the Browns are not going to have much of an improved season. I am not going to bitch about it. I am tired of us being the laughing stock of the NFL. I am a homer. I want to be proven wrong, and I am going to cheer for the Dorsey Era just as I would cheer if I had a weekend in Vegas with Stormy Daniels.

My reservations Tom, are what they always have been. I feel that the Browns purposely refuse to participate in drafting the very best, top, most herladed playmakers. THe guys who, if they follow script can change fortunes. Garrett was a blown pick because Trubisky has the fortune changing potential. If Garrett pans out to be as good as believed, he really won't add many wins to the Browns team. Garrett is the guy that someone like the Steelers pick. You take a Garrett at #1 when you have a full house. Coleman? Man, Ouch!

So, as I said in my pre-draft posts, I would have taken Barkley at #1, and then one of the Big 3 QBs whoever was left at #4. Who knows which of them, if any will pan out? The draft is a crap shoot, but if it is my team? I will bet on the guy who has the highest rated pre-draft star potential. I believe Barkley and ond of the big QBs would have been a world class draft.

However, again, as we have done so many times, (Quinn, Manziel, WInslow), we pass on the top prospects and purport to know how to beat the system by drafting the diamonds in the rough; the under-the-radar talent. The problem is, Tom, none of these diamonds in the rough ever pan out to be game changers.

My base feelings aside, I am aching to be wrong. I am aching to see Dorey return the Browns to winning prominence. Should they stink, I'll offer up no " I told you so" because honestly, this season, it would be a horrible disappointment to me for all of us to be again left with crapola. We deserve an honorable team again. I can't wait for this season to kick off.... well... I can.... I love Summer. It is healthy for me, but I will be ready for the Browns to rise from the dead. 

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

A few points and I defer to your personnel expertise. I listened to the Browns on Sirius all year, as Sunday is a busy day for Cathy and I. I can't stand to hear the homer pimping crap so I always listen to the opposing team's radio coverage. Without exception, each and every week the opposing announcers gushed over Ogbah calling him a one-man wrecking crew. I personally think the guy is a badass. However, it seems as though Browns fans don't like the guy. WTF is up with that?

On Garrett - He has a way to go to get me past my venom for him. The bullschidt he did about Jerry Jones? Honestly, I would never have drafted him. I don't buy this " he is just a kid" nonsense. He is a dumb fauhk, he really is. The kid reminds me of a dumb high school blonde whore. That doesn't mean he can't make something of himself, but if I had a chance to meet him, seriously, as I did to the big Steeler Linebacker SOB, I would call him a cuunt. I hate these A-holes who don't understand loyalty and who respect nothing but themselves. 

Garrett is fast. He isn't a badass. He doesn't strike physical fear into anyone, and he never will. He worries people because his speed and agility is enough to get to the QB. I am okay with that. I just don't want to hear the horseschdit of comparing him to Bruce Smith, Deacon Jones, even Joe Turkey Jones. Garrett is NONE of that.

I will lay off the guy, but just don't tell me he is a badass. He isn't.

My reservations Tom, are what they always have been. I feel that the Browns purposely refuse to participate in drafting the very best, top, most herladed playmakers. THe guys who, if they follow script can change fortunes. Garrett was a blown pick because Trubisky has the fortune changing potential. If Garrett pans out to be as good as believed, he really won't add many wins to the Browns team. Garrett is the guy that someone like the Steelers pick. You take a Garrett at #1 when you have a full house. Coleman? Man, Ouch!

So, as I said in my pre-draft posts, I would have taken Barkley at #1, and then one of the Big 3 QBs whoever was left at #4. Who knows which of them, if any will pan out? The draft is a crap shoot, but if it is my team? I will bet on the guy who has the highest rated pre-draft star potential. I believe Barkley and ond of the big QBs would have been a world class draft.

However, again, as we have done so many times, (Quinn, Manziel, WInslow), we pass on the top prospects and purport to know how to beat the system by drafting the diamonds in the rough; the under-the-radar talent. The problem is, Tom, none of these diamonds in the rough ever pan out to be game changers.

My base feelings aside, I am aching to be wrong. I am aching to see Dorey return the Browns to winning prominence. Should they stink, I'll offer up no " I told you so" because honestly, this season, it would be a horrible disappointment to me for all of us to be again left with crapola. We deserve an honorable team again. I can't wait for this season to kick off.... well... I can.... I love Summer. It is healthy for me, but I will be ready for the Browns to rise from the dead. 

Don't lose sight of what was pumping you up more this year than others. You're seeing a different approach you said you refreshingly believe in. It's there for a reason.  You're seeing us add quality vets like Landry, Gaines, Randall and Hyde (from that Ohio State program you want to add more of here).

As for the Garrett wanting to play Pro Football in the same state he played high school and selected to play college football in for a team he dreamed of playing for as a kid - how is this any different than LeBron James wanting to play for the Cleveland Cavs in the state he grew up in?  Or Bernie Kosar wanting to play for the Browns in the state he was from?   It isn't. That doesn't make them bad guys. It just reminds us they're still human. 

I think you just cornered yourself into a point of no return on Garrett because you wanted Trubisky. I don't see anyone calling him a badass yet. Having said that, have you ever played football on a high ankle sprain?  It's kind of hard to pretend you're gonna be Reggie White ragdolling 330 lb left tackles around when you're playing on a pogo stick.  This guy was still drawing double-teams and putting heat on passers in spite of it.  Never made any excuses or showed a desire to. His first play from scrimmage was a sack.  And then the next week in limited action, he had 2 sacks.  I don't see the weak, timid guy you seem to want to here for some reason. He showed up in better shape this year than he did last year.  I'm a simple bastard.  So remind me what's to hate here if we give his story a little bit more than the first paragraph on an ankle that has finally had the time to heal that the pre-draft workout circuit dictating how high up got drafted did not allow?  The need to be right here is kicking your ability/willingness to give the guy a chance (as a fan) right between the lookers with a steel toe shitt kicker! Let's see what he does this year and go from there.

To your point about the perceived lack of love for Ogbah from the fanbase - I feel like I watched the same guy you did.  He actually compared favorably to Chubb over their last 2 years of college football.  Ogbah had 2.5 more sacks. On top of that, PFF rated Ogbah as the #1 DE against the run most of the time he played last year while he also led us in sacks at the time.  Some guys sacrifice/lose their outside contain on the pass rush like Robert Quinn did frequently enough for the Rams to notice him being a liability against the run. Ogbah always kept his outside leverage to maintain the responsibility of containment; and turning everything up inside toward teammates in pursuit.  Pretty text book with that discipline for just a 2nd year player IMO.  I never saw where all/any of that made Bradley Chubb the answer to all our prayers at #4 overall; but I've certainly been wrong before. I'm glad we prioritized a corner our FO thinks can compete with the talented WRs in our division. 

15 hours ago, Flugel said:

Don't lose sight of what was pumping you up more this year than others. You're seeing a different approach you said you refreshingly believe in. It's there for a reason.  You're seeing us add quality vets like Landry, Gaines, Randall and Hyde (from that Ohio State program you want to add more of here).

As for the Garrett wanting to play Pro Football in the same state he played high school and selected to play college football in for a team he dreamed of playing for as a kid - how is this any different than LeBron James wanting to play for the Cleveland Cavs in the state he grew up in?  Or Bernie Kosar wanting to play for the Browns in the state he was from?   It isn't. That doesn't make them bad guys. It just reminds us they're still human. 

I think you just cornered yourself into a point of no return on Garrett because you wanted Trubisky. I don't see anyone calling him a badass yet. Having said that, have you ever played football on a high ankle sprain?  It's kind of hard to pretend you're gonna be Reggie White ragdolling 330 lb left tackles around when you're playing on a pogo stick.  This guy was still drawing double-teams and putting heat on passers in spite of it.  Never made any excuses or showed a desire to. His first play from scrimmage was a sack.  And then the next week in limited action, he had 2 sacks.  I don't see the weak, timid guy you seem to want to here for some reason. He showed up in better shape this year than he did last year.  I'm a simple bastard.  So remind me what's to hate here if we give his story a little bit more than the first paragraph on an ankle that has finally had the time to heal that the pre-draft workout circuit dictating how high up got drafted did not allow?  The need to be right here is kicking your ability/willingness to give the guy a chance (as a fan) right between the lookers with a steel toe shitt kicker! Let's see what he does this year and go from there.

To your point about the perceived lack of love for Ogbah from the fanbase - I feel like I watched the same guy you did.  He actually compared favorably to Chubb over their last 2 years of college football.  Ogbah had 2.5 more sacks. On top of that, PFF rated Ogbah as the #1 DE against the run most of the time he played last year while he also led us in sacks at the time.  Some guys sacrifice/lose their outside contain on the pass rush like Robert Quinn did frequently enough for the Rams to notice him being a liability against the run. Ogbah always kept his outside leverage to maintain the responsibility of containment; and turning everything up inside toward teammates in pursuit.  Pretty text book with that discipline for just a 2nd year player IMO.  I never saw where all/any of that made Bradley Chubb the answer to all our prayers at #4 overall; but I've certainly been wrong before. I'm glad we prioritized a corner our FO thinks can compete with the talented WRs in our division. 

All in all Flugs, I just want them to win. As I said, I am past the " I told you so" stage. I am closer to the grave than I am the cradle and am too busy focusing on what the next years will hold to keep fighting the Ghoolie was right fight. I have my doubts, but I am going to defer to the "experts" and let them do what they get paid to do.

I think this much; if the 2018 season is another wreck, I don't mean a 4 or 5 win season, but I mean another 2016 or 2017, I just don't know how any fan can remain. I really don't. I am not one to say schidt like, " I will be done" but being honest, I really don't watch the Browns much. Opening day with the local backers, then whatever I see on NFL Red Zone, or I listen on Sirius while Cathy and I run errands on Sunday. So, I am already pretty removed. You guys here keep me connected more than anything. No kidding. The backers gang here are great. They ask me all the time to visit with them. I go once a year....it's all I can muster.

We'll see what happens, Tom. 

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

All in all Flugs, I just want them to win. As I said, I am past the " I told you so" stage. I am closer to the grave than I am the cradle and am too busy focusing on what the next years will hold to keep fighting the Ghoolie was right fight. I have my doubts, but I am going to defer to the "experts" and let them do what they get paid to do.

I think this much; if the 2018 season is another wreck, I don't mean a 4 or 5 win season, but I mean another 2016 or 2017, I just don't know how any fan can remain. I really don't. I am not one to say schidt like, " I will be done" but being honest, I really don't watch the Browns much. Opening day with the local backers, then whatever I see on NFL Red Zone, or I listen on Sirius while Cathy and I run errands on Sunday. So, I am already pretty removed. You guys here keep me connected more than anything. No kidding. The backers gang here are great. They ask me all the time to visit with them. I go once a year....it's all I can muster.

We'll see what happens, Tom. 

I hear ya - well said!    We got our football potty training and lost our football virginity with this franchise so we're living out the saying - we're all here because we're not all there...

Back in my 80s glory years (Sipe MVP through Kosar) - my dad had already seen this franchise win 8 Titles.  I at least had some close but no cigar seasons that bonded me to a RB tradition after Jim Brown. It was a thrill to watch guys like Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Earnest Byner and 3rd down guys like Calvin Hill and Herman Fontenot. And we also has some real tough bastards that cleaned people out for those guys like Bo Scott, Cleo Miller and others.

I feel bad for the younger generations that have only seen this team win in 1994, 2002 and 2007.  No tradition and identity ever gets off the ground for them to cling to.  Consequently, some younger generations have broken family traditions to follow teams that always win.  Yeah, nobody can bust their balls; but it ain't the same when they win again vrs if this franchise ever does what the Cavs or Cubs did.  Look how many fans we have just on this message board that were totally dialed into all phases of the draft process up through the undrafted FA signings for a winless team.

It looks like we've brought in some vets that can really help us on top of what we drafted.  We shall see what comes it... 

• 4 weeks later...

Booked this trip yesterday and today.

Used my Skymiles for a free flight from Cleveland to Houston.  

Going to be staying at a Hampton at about a half mile from the stadium.  $69.00 a night...plus more tax than is reasonable.  They charge 17% tax on a hotel stay in Houston..one of the highest by far that I have seen.  Meeting up with my daughter and her boyfriend and his brother.

Bought 4 tickets in section 637....row K...for $66.00 each....but, of course also had to pay the grease to Stubhub of like 14 bucks per ticket,  plus $2.50 for "delivery" ...except that the arsebags aren't delivering a goddam thing.  It all has to be done on my phone.

In addition to Houston, I am going to be touring parts of Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi on this trip after the game.

Hope to see a few of you there.

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Going to be staying at a Hampton at about a half mile from the stadium.  $69.00 a night...plus more tax than is reasonable.  They charge 17% tax on a hotel stay in Houston..one of the highest by far that I have seen.  Meeting up with my daughter and her boyfriend and his brother.

Bought 4 tickets in section 637....row K...for $66.00 each....but, of course also had to pay the grease to Stubhub of like 14 bucks per ticket,  plus $2.50 for "delivery" ...except that the arsebags aren't delivering a goddam thing.  It all has to be done on my phone.

In addition to Houston, I am going to be touring parts of Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi on this trip after the game.

I may be joining you in the 600 level Gip. As of now the cheapest I saw in the 100 level sideline is $195. Last year I had 20 yard line for around $125.  

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yeah the electronic ticket thing got me too. I’ve never been to a game where I didn’t possess an actual ticket. Damn 21st century Sheet. 

e-mail update from Houston area BrownsBackers Prez....

Fellow Browns Fans,

Space City Dawg Pound of Houston has arranged the following lodging for your stay in Houston when the Browns take on the Texans Dec 2nd:

"Official BrownsBacker" Hotel
     Holiday Inn Houston South - NRG/Medical Center
    8111 KirbyDr.
    Houston77054

PreferredBrowns Backer Rate - $114/night + tax
    Group BlockCode – CB8 

You canmake reservations in either of 2 ways:
A.    Call the Holiday Inn direct at 866-644-0370 and provide the Group Block Code “CB8”.
B.    Go to our website www.scdp.houstonbrownsbackers.com,open the tab “2018 Hotel” and click on the “booking link” which will take you directly to the hotels reservation website.
Kindly pass this information on to any other fans who may be traveling to Houstonfor the game.
I look forward to seeing you this season as the Browns gain a measure of revenge over the Texans on Dec.2nd.

GO BROWNS!!

Regards,

Jay Salzer
President
Space City Dawg Pound
713-206-4194

• 1 month later...

Got this email just today.   What is the Scoop on any of this:

We're looking forward to seeing you as the Houston Texans take on the Cleveland Browns here at NRG Stadium!

Enhance your gameday today by reserving your spot inside one of our unique pregame experience areas. Space is limited so don't delay!

Churrascos Club Pregame Party

• All-inclusive pregame meal fully catered by Cordua Restaurants in the Houston Texans practice facility
  • Full Open Bar
  • Reserved seating inside the
    Churrascos Club
  • Appearances by Houston Texans Cheerleaders and NFL Alumni
  • Gameday Program
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.clickdimensi

Secure your Churrascos Club experience today by calling (832) 667-2390 or clicking the button below.

Pregame Sideline Experience

• Pregame access to the field during warm-ups
  • All-Inclusive pregame meal
  • Open Bar
  • Official gameday credentials

Reserve your Pregame Sideline Experience package today by calling (832) 667-2390 or clicking the button below.

Archived