THE BROWNS BOARD

Religious freedom and abortion

Pharmacist refuses to fill medication for miscarriage

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/walgreens-pharmacist-refused-give-woman-medication-help-miscarriage-183652430.html

Shared from my Google feed

This one is going to be tricky. We've already decided that doctors cannot be forced to perform abortions and even a wink and a nod saying that tax money shouldn't go to abortion providers.

I can certainly understand religious people thinking that abortion is evil. Even some of our pro-abortion members are a little bit creeped out by it and might even admit that late-term abortions that have nothing to do with the mother's life should be banned.

The pharmacist here, in my opinion, is trying to get attention. I say let somebody else fill the prescription.

WSS

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/walgreens-pharmacist-refused-give-woman-medication-help-miscarriage-183652430.html

This one is going to be tricky. We've already decided that doctors cannot be forced to perform abortions and even a wink and a nod saying that tax money shouldn't go to abortion providers.

I can certainly understand religious people thinking that abortion is evil. Even some of our pro-abortion members are a little bit creeped out by it and might even admit that late-term abortions that have nothing to do with the mother's life should be banned.

The pharmacist here, in my opinion, is trying to get attention. I say let somebody else fill the prescription.

WSS

I think that is the answer to let someone else fill the prescription. 

56 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What if there isn't another pharmacist at that location that will fill it?

Also, it sounds like this was medication to enduce a miscarriage on a fetus that had already died through natural means

53 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Miscarrage? Are you kidding? He should lose his pharmacy licence.

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What if there isn't another pharmacist at that location that will fill it?

Also, it sounds like this was medication to enduce a miscarriage on a fetus that had already died through natural means

This is a simple fix. Let another pharmacist handle it. If there is not another pharmacist at the location then the pharmacist who refused can arrange with another pharmacist to do it. This should not be a problem and there were other pharmacists there that should have filled it for her, anyway 

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Losing his license would be a miscarriage of justice but he needs to make arrangements on these kinds of cases for other pharmacists. That is what I would tell him.

This is what can happen when we get religion, politics and everything else entwined with normal business life. 

Tell the pharmacist to go paint some signs and go protest while he looks for another profession.

cant have these people in a free market capitalist system. if something were to happen to one of these becausevthis fukhat is imposing his religion on others...he oughtta be sued blind fir all he's worth than thrown in jail. 

i understand peoples religious objections to certain sht but then u gotta understand certain jobs u cant have.....tuff sht

No dr or pharmacist, baker or priest can be forced to violate their

religious beliefs.

Freedom of RELIGION, not freedom of bigotry.

https://www.ushmm.org/outreach/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007693

Key Dates

MARCH 1933
SA REIGN OF TERROR AGAINST JEWS THROUGHOUT GERMANY

The SA (Storm Troopers) attack Jewish-owned department stores in German cities in an attempt to segregate Jews from the rest of society. Local police, not yet under Nazi control, unsuccessfully attempt to stop the attacks. Members of the SA continue the rampage and enter courtrooms, dragging Jewish lawyers and judges into the streets where they are subjected to humiliating public acts. These attacks are publicized by international Jewish organizations and the press, which urge a boycott of German goods. In response, the Nazis organize a nationwide boycott of Jewish businesses in Germany, blaming Jews for anti-German tone of the international press.

APRIL 1, 1933
NATIONWIDE BOYCOTT OF JEWISH-OWNED BUSINESSES

At 10:00 a.m., SA and SS members stand in front of Jewish-owned businesses throughout Germany to inform the public that the proprietors of these establishments are Jewish. The word "Jude," German for "Jew," is often smeared on store display windows, with a Star of David painted in yellow and black across the doors. Anti-Jewish signs accompany these slogans. In some towns, the SA marches through the streets singing anti-Jewish slogans and party songs. In other towns, violence accompanies the boycott; in Kiel, a Jewish lawyer is killed. The official boycott ends at midnight.

APRIL 7, 1933
LAW DISMISSES JEWS FROM CIVIL SERVICE

The Nazi government enacts the Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service. This law seeks to exclude those considered to be opponents of the Nazi state—Jews and political opponents. As a result, civil service employees are forced to prove their "Aryan" descent by documenting the religion of their parents and grandparents. If unable to do so, they are dismissed from service. Hitler reluctantly concedes to President Paul von Hindenburg's demand to exempt from dismissal those civil servants who are veterans of World War I or whose close relatives had fallen in that conflict. Similar laws passed in the following weeks affect Jewish lawyers and doctors.

Copyright © United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington, DC

30 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

No dr or pharmacist, baker or priest can be forced to violate their

religious beliefs.

Freedom of RELIGION, not freedom of bigotry.

Making an accommodation for religious beliefs can usually be worked out. In this case the pharmacy should just have another pharmacist handle these cases. Simple fix,

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Making an accommodation for religious beliefs can usually be worked out. In this case the pharmacy should just have another pharmacist handle these cases. Simple fix,

u mean like kim davis should have allowed one of her deputy magistrates dole out the liscenses? anyway, pharmacies usually dont have multiple pharmacists on duty at the same time. and newsflash dead fetus's could seriously damage women so there is a time factor here. there are places in this country where there is one pharmacist within 50-100 sq miles or more. 

thos is just one of those professions thays not for religious folk. 

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

u mean like kim davis should have allowed one of her deputy magistrates dole out the liscenses? anyway, pharmacies usually dont have multiple pharmacists on duty at the same time. and newsflash dead fetus's could seriously damage women so there is a time factor here. there are places in this country where there is one pharmacist within 50-100 sq miles or more. 

thos is just one of those professions thays not for religious folk. 

The problem Kim Davis had was her name was signed to the marriage certificates to gay couples and even if another clerk handled the case her name would still be on it. They took her name off the license and it was a simple fix. Also Kim Davis went to jail for not following the law and when are the leaders of sanctuary cities going to go to jail  for not following the law? 

One difference is that Walgreens has a national chain and apparently has no problem selling the birth control pill. The pharmacist is merely an employee so I figure if he can't see his way clear to providing that pill time to look for some place that will support him. Same with the woman in Kentucky. The bakers were sole Proprietors. 

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

The baker's could have sidestepped the situation, maybe, by saying sure we will make the cake hope you like it, but no we're not putting two homosexuals on top. You'll have to do that when you get home.

WSS

what exactly did they want ontop of the cake? frankly if they werent being asked to cater the wedding in person just make the cake.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Bravo.  Bravo I say.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Miscarrage? Are you kidding? He should lose his pharmacy licence.

No he shouldn't.  It's there policy that they do not have to fill a prescription.  He does have to arrange for some other store to take care of it, which he did.

Meanwhile SCOTUS sided with religious freedom, now orders the lower court to revisit their

decision against the flower shop.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/06/25/scotus-lower-court-must-rehear-flower-shop-case-in-light-of-recent-gay-wedding-cake-ruling

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This was also medication to enduce an abortion/miscarriage on an already dead fetus. Not really the buzzword action of "killing babies". If that makes any difference in this case.

a dead fetus is still alive u baby killer. 

lols, u know it makes no difference to these people. they'd rather see women die if god so chooses but they get cancer and its off to the doctor for chemo,u know, letting nature take its course🙄

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

what exactly did they want ontop of the cake? frankly if they werent being asked to cater the wedding in person just make the cake.

Again same deal as the klan ordering cookies with swastikas from a kosher bakery. Heres the cookies boys put the swastikas on yourselves. And exactly what the couple wanted was to homesexuals standing on the cake. And speaking rationally the baker could have avoided any situation by merely saying we don't carry that particular novelty. If you want queers on top of the cake you can order them from Amazon and put them on when you get home.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Again same deal as the klan ordering cookies with swastikas from a kosher bakery. Heres the cookies boys put the swastikas on yourselves. And exactly what the couple wanted was to homesexuals standing on the cake. And speaking rationally the baker could have avoided any situation by merely saying we don't carry that particular novelty. If you want queers on top of the cake you can order them from Amazon and put them on when you get home.

WSS

But you and I both know they really didn't want a cake...they wanted attention, and a lawsuit.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Not exactly the same deal. Klan members choose to be in a clan. Gays don't choose to be gay. Same level as gender, race, etc. That's the major distinction

Baloney. Advertizing perverse sexual leanings is a deliberate choice. Most all people I've ever worked with,

you assume normality - you don't know about their sexuality in either case.

But gays "come out" - that is a choice - which has a lot to do with the culture war against Real America.

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Baloney. Advertizing perverse sexual leanings is a deliberate choice. Most all people I've ever worked with,

you assume normality - you don't know about their sexuality in either case.

But gays "come out" - that is a choice - which has a lot to do with the culture war against Real America.

Those damn gay people making the choice to "come out". How dare they. So perverse. Why can't they just not do anything that would indicate they're gay in anyway, and live with that hidden away. Geez

Archived