THE BROWNS BOARD

Training Camp Info...

hoorta

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, hoorta said:

FWIW  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/training-camp

Personally- I'm less than thrilled about the way tickets are being handed out. 1st, they're assuming every Browns fan has a smartphone, 2nd I would just love to have your mobile app on mine. Um, no. 

got to catch up to the times, The NFL and not just the Browns are eliminating print at home tickets. Mobile or actual ticket is now needed. Too many scalpers were selling the same copy of print at home tickets.

32 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

got to catch up to the times, The NFL and not just the Browns are eliminating print at home tickets. Mobile or actual ticket is now needed. Too many scalpers were selling the same copy of print at home tickets.

The world has moved on to WiFi, smart phones, high speed Internet and all of that even in "third world countries".

But I was surprised that many rural areas particularly near us in NE OHIO across the line in WPA do not have access, the Pennsylvania government is looking into spending millions to correct this situation. 

We now have WiFi, one 15.6" laptop, three 10" tablets, one 7" tablet, two smartphones just for the two of us......couldn't get by without them now, especially the 10" for me. Progress!

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The world has moved on to WiFi, smart phones, high speed Internet and all of that even in "third world countries".

But I was surprised that many rural areas particularly near us in NE OHIO across the line in WPA do not have access, the Pennsylvania government is looking into spending millions to correct this situation. 

We now have WiFi, one 15.6" laptop, three 10" tablets, one 7" tablet, two smartphones just for the two of us......couldn't get by without them now, especially the 10" for me. Progress!

It was far cheaper to own a pair of "rabbitears".

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It brings to mind Bruce Springsteen's song "57 channels and nothing's on". Now for your $120 or so a month on DirecTV it's more like "557 channels and there's still nothing on". And I probably haven't ever watched 500 of them. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 7:40 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep...You got 1 fuzzy channel & 2 extremely snowy channels. What a bargain!!!  🙄

Mike

On 7/5/2018 at 1:49 PM, TopDawg31 said:

Equally to that, online tickets are exponentially easier to manage, review, and analyze than print tickets. Based on experience the data is just incredibly more reliable and useful.

Headed to Training Camp? Enjoy your Day! Here's a update on the injury report & more PuP's. Josh Gordon has been changed to "Did not Report"  https://www.brownszone.com/2018/07/26/adam-jones-to-try-out-for-browns-on-friday-per-report/  

Hue Jackson expected better. 

It was the first day, but the Browns coach wanted to see a better finish to Thursday’s practice.....................It’s why he restarted one of the final periods of practice when it didn’t meet the standard he expected.

------  I guess that's what we want him doing.  Being the HC.

“Again, I have been in every meeting; special teams, offense, defense, all of it. It has been good, but I have work to do and our team has work to do.”

-----------  And that's being a HC...and not an OC/HC.    

He seems to be setting a tone for the season.  It was the first day and yet he started the final session over because the guys were stinking it up.  It's what a HC on his last leg has to do.

— Tackle Greg Robinson left practice early and will be evaluated for a concussion. “I think that he got hit in the head. Just got hit in the head. He will be OK,” Jackson said. “We got to evaluate him. But again, those things happen. It is football. Forearm, fist, whatever it was.”    ---  and this is what drives today's parents to keep their boys out of football ---

Robinson was the second-overall pick in the NFL Draft in 2014, and though he’s started a number of games, has since struggled to live up to expectations. He signed with Cleveland earlier this month. 
— Second-year defensive lineman Caleb Brantley left practice with cramps for the second day in a row.

Brantley's gotta drink more Gatorade (and/or salty water).

I saw where the Rams are going to play most of this season in "throwback" uniforms, because fans apparently did not like the color of the uniforms they played with last year.   Why can't the Browns do the same thing?  Play maybe one game in these new crappy unis, and play all the rest in "throwbacks"

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Coleman got the ol' Yell At from Haley.  Good!  Tell him he's not fighting hard enough for the ball.

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I hate it. I hate it when they postproduce so much an image enhancing colors and showing shines that in reality don't show the uniforms. Most color rush uniforms are awful and they try to sell them with Photoshop.

20 hours ago, Orion said:

Coleman got the ol' Yell At from Haley.  Good!  

Orion & Todd Haley got Corey Coleman back on his horse.:o Day 4.. more F-bombs from Haley..hello coach'em up.. https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/7/29/17628022/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-4-corey-coleman-shines   

things are looking up. Corey Coleman knows that he needs to practice like he means business.

Been waiting for Rashaard Higgins to step up.  Maybe he finally gets it with work ethic. He has the talent.

Didn't learn much yesterday while watching training camp.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/on-field-observations-corey-coleman-has-a-day-after-bypassing-day-off

I did notice:

Landry is going to be a star. He is a serious talent.

Ward - OMG. My dumb opinion - Ward has instincts, and shut down cb ability off the charts. He's a ROY possibility.

The defensive line is going to dominate. They will be scary great, I think, with the secondary being

so dramatically improved. Can't wait to see Peppers at SS, and Randall at FS. With Ward at one shutdown corner, and ? at the other, this secondary isn't going to be one of the worst - might very well end up one of the best.

All sorts of names I don't think we'll see on the roster. Maybe a few.

Oh, and Fells, TE. I noticed him. He is not just a blocking TE.

But it's too early to tell too much at training camp, I think.

Fells looked very good Saturday.

Njoku?.......If he continues the way he's starting, he'll be earning a ton of splinters from riding the bench.

Mike

Day 5. 3rd straight in pads.players union day off Tuesday.  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/7/30/17632450/offense-shines-winning-now-and-observations-from-browns-camp-day-4  CUTS=DL-Trenton Thompson, RT-Victor Salako...Newbies IN=CB Christian Boutte(Oak.)/TE Orson Charlse(Cinn,Det.KC)/position not sure?DB'ish-Jeremiah McKinnon(Dal.NYG.Tenn.)/OL Kevin Bowen(Skins)..OFF Pup list & returning= J.Peppers & Chad Thomas..  NEXT THURSDAY-NYG..10 days WOOF! 

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Day 5. 3rd straight in pads.players union day off Tuesday.  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/7/30/17632450/offense-shines-winning-now-and-observations-from-browns-camp-day-4  CUTS=DL-Trenton Thompson, RT-Victor Salako...Newbies IN=CB Christian Boutte(Oak.)/TE Orson Charlse(Cinn,Det.KC)/position not sure?DB'ish-Jeremiah McKinnon(Dal.NYG.Tenn.)/OL Kevin Bowen(Skins)..OFF Pup list & returning= J.Peppers & Chad Thomas..  NEXT THURSDAY-NYG..10 days WOOF! 

They are making cuts already?  Tristan Thompson brother gets aufed!  (not really his brother, is he?)

Archived