THE BROWNS BOARD

Study has Browns as one of the WORST fan bases

DieHardBrownsFan

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't know about the worst, but the dumbest? Quite possibly. Seriously, we draft #1 #1, and go from 15-1  to 0 -16, and fans here think we had a good draft. 

ya can't fix dumbness.can't trade it either.He owns the team.. ya see the record strip down roster poker gets ya? Pass on 5 playmakers to land on C.Coleman..Dorsey can't fix 3 years in 1 year.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah that financial mumbo-jumbo what does it really mean?  :huh:

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-ad-revenue-increasing-despite-dropping-viewership-2017-10

.........The increase in ad revenue comes despite the NFL's viewership ratings being down 5% this season. Reasons including increased ad load and increasing per-unit ad prices have contributed to the growth.

Here's a closer look at some of the reasons helping grow ad spend on NFL broadcasts:

• NFL games have seen a 2% increase in commercial ad load.This means that if a viewer watched every September NFL game this September, they would have seen an additional 15 minutes of ads over last year, according to Broadcasting and Cable. Increased ad loads are particularly surprising, as the NFL and network partners reportedly planned on minimizing commercial breaks to improve the flow of the game and increase viewership, according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • Certain networks have increased per-unit ad prices.The average unit rates increased to $515,000 this year, up from an average of $482,000 in 2016, according to Fierce Cable. Fox and the NFL and saw 8% and 96% increases in revenues to $139 million and $23 million, respectively (Fox and the NFL aired one more national game in September than each network did in 2016, which also contributed to the increases, however). The willingness of advertisers to pay higher per-unit ad prices this year despite dropping viewership is reflective of a broader trend in NFL ad spending — the average price of a 30-second ad spot increased nearly 50% between 2011 and 2016, despite average viewership dropping by 1 million in that time frame.
----> [read on!]......  On the one hand, rising ad prices on NFL games show how compelling the programming is to advertisers; but on the other, it brings into question whether continued price increases can be sustainable. It's possible that advertisers will eventually likely be unwilling to continually pay higher rates to reach fewer viewers.   :o WHAT??...... Yet NFL ratings, despite being down, are still pretty much the highest ratings on TV, according to Magna senior vice president Brian Hughes, per CNN. In short, there's no substitute for live NFL games, and this is likely why brands are still willing to pay high prices for NFL ad spots, but as a greater amount of consumers turn away from traditional TV and live sports, this will likely change.

Robert Elder, research analyst for BI Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service, has compiled a detailed report on the digital disruption of live sports that:

• Assesses the evolving live sports landscape.
  • Examines how ESPN's business model is threatened by the decline of live sports.
  • Profiles the promising new players in the space.
  • Looks at what's next for legacy broadcasters.

19 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Yeah, I agree, who cares about schidt like revenue? Everyone knows that money and profit don't mean anything in business. So Coke sells more than Bonertown root beer.............. SO what, let's invest in Bonertown.

You apparently miss the point, again, as usual.  Sure, the winning teams are going sell more of their shite and make a few more bucks doing so.  It is just the affect of the  FRAKology that you abide by so well. It doesn't mean that one fan base is better than another.....it just means that one team has been better than others for a period of time, or that one team has performed poorly over a period of time.  That is all.

19 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Steelers Fans are tough to top. You can actually wear opposing team colors and not have to get into anger BS in their stadium. They also would never accept schidt like Myles Garrett asking Jerry Jones to save him.

Again, to me, the real test of a good fan base is how they are when a team has been down for a lengthy period of time.  When the Steelers end up having 3-4 losing seasons in a row, ....then we discuss how good that fan base is. If their stadium ends up being half empty, as I surmise it would be, then we can tell how good they are.

18 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Actually, it isn't. The TV viewership numbers are not relevant because they make predictions of viewers in the many venues/establishments have TV screens all over the place.

Only a small part of those viewership numbers are individual households, and most of it is a prediction. Music royalties and listening stats are done the same way. When my royalty checks come, really all writers, there are predictions made about what people listen to on juke boxes, on radio, on TV etc.

I am getting more "hits" and listens on my music than ever, but, revenue is down. The NFL is losing money, the "viewership numbers" are fake bullschidt for people like you Gip, people that have no street smarts and tink that if something is written on paper it really really really means something. The biggest example of this is GLOBAL WARMING...........it violates textbook science and scientific law, out the ying yang.....BUT BUT BUT, some academian who sits on his cuunt all day put out a STUDY............... so it must be real.

If you want to know the health of NFL viewership? Look at revenues. It is IMPOSSIBLE for revenues to fall and fan participation be up. But again, Gip......you are gullible. Gip The Gullible. Your new moniker.

Two things:

1.  99.9% of the ecological SCIENTISTS  say that Global warming is a real thing. It is only the deniers that put forth phony data by people...academicians that are paid to do so by the pollution industries that say it is not real.

2. As for NFL Revenue.  I don't know the numbers.  You claim it is down.  I would like to see more proof based on real numbers.  Back up your claim with actual facts.

...and after seeing mjp's post, his sources say that NFL revenue is up substantiall7

I found this:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193457/total-league-revenue-of-the-nfl-since-2005/

Just to highlight a bit, it says that the NFL had over 2 billion MORE in revenue in 2016 than it had in 2014  11.09 billion in 2014 to  13.16 billion in 2016

And in 2017 it was over 14 billion:  So...next question!

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/03/06/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-revenue.aspx

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I found this:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193457/total-league-revenue-of-the-nfl-since-2005/

Just to highlight a bit, it says that the NFL had over 2 billion MORE in revenue in 2016 than it had in 2014  11.09 billion in 2014 to  13.16 billion in 2016

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/03/06/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-revenue.aspx

But they admit viewership is down, how does that bode for the future? Next answer? 

........oh would you sink $2,000,000,000 into a new stadium in 2018?

On 6/29/2018 at 3:33 PM, Ghoolie said:

Steelers Fans are tough to top. You can actually wear opposing team colors and not have to get into anger BS in their stadium. They also would never accept schidt like Myles Garrett asking Jerry Jones to save him.

Oddly enough. I have had hardy any trouble in Pittsburgh. Some dipshit threw an empty plastic bottle at me from behind, but it fell incomplete just like a Landy Jones pass that day.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I found this:

Your link states that 50% of the increase from 2016 came from a new Thursday Night TV contract. Just because the NFL got more money does not mean that popularity is NOT in decline. Ticket sales dont move the needle. Lots of empty seats last year due to the allegiance protesting.

New stadiums opening up do move the revenue needle though. It must come from stadium naming rights.

Two things:

1.  99.9% of the ecological SCIENTISTS  say that Global warming is a real thing. It is only the deniers that put forth phony data by people...academicians that are paid to do so by the pollution industries that say it is not real.

2. As for NFL Revenue.  I don't know the numbers.  You claim it is down.  I would like to see more proof based on real numbers.  Back up your claim with actual facts.

...and after seeing mjp's post, his sources say that NFL revenue is up substantiall7

Just because revenue is up that does not equate to popularity being up.

Again, to me, the real test of a good fan base is how they are when a team has been down for a lengthy period of time.  When the Steelers end up having 3-4 losing seasons in a row, ....then we discuss how good that fan base is. If their stadium ends up being half empty, as I surmise it would be, then we can tell how good they are.

Its easy to be a fan of a winner.

Fake fans come out of the woodwork. 

On 6/29/2018 at 3:35 PM, Ghoolie said:

Yeah, I agree, who cares about schidt like revenue? Everyone knows that money and profit don't mean anything in business. So Coke sells more than Bonertown root beer.............. SO what, let's invest in Bonertown.

Bonertown stock was up on Friday.

12 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Your link states that 50% of the increase from 2016 came from a new Thursday Night TV contract. Just because the NFL got more money does not mean that popularity is NOT in decline. Ticket sales dont move the needle. Lots of empty seats last year due to the allegiance protesting.

New stadiums opening up do move the revenue needle though. It must come from stadium naming rights.

On my post I was replying to ghoolie who said revenue was down so that is not the case 

On my post I was replying to ghoolie who said revenue was down so that is not the case 

Revenues are due to many things primarily like the big multi-year league wide television contracts and other big buck items NOT necessarily things like ticket and concessions sales and parking.. There are also a lot of financial lead/lag items going on which show up on the bottom line.

And viewership versus ticket sales and revenues can vary, the new mega stadiums with their largely corporate luxury boxes and premium seating are generally sold out by the years and may generate different revenue streams compared to the family of four that are sitting in row ZZ and are lucky to see one or two games a year.

So revenues versus attendance and viewership in ALL of American football, hmmmmm, let's see.

It's a fact that attendance, viewership and importantly participation in pee-wee, high school, college and somewhat professional football are going down and have been for many years now at that trend will continue......especially with the undeniable  CTE mess that will continue.  Worldwide soccer and basketball are on the rise American football is not (financial analysts opinions not just mine).

In general high school games are near empty now, colleges can't give away the average bowl game tickets. So why would taxpayers want to fund a multi-billion dollar football facility? 

AND it looks like we 60+  boomers are fine with it as is now, many Millenials don't really care. Care to bet on that one?  ;)

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Revenues are due to many things primarily like the big multi-year league wide television contracts and other big buck items NOT necessarily things like ticket and concessions sales and parking.. There are also a lot of financial lead/lag items going on which show up on the bottom line.

And viewership versus ticket sales and revenues can vary, the new mega stadiums with their largely corporate luxury boxes and premium seating are generally sold out by the years and may generate different revenue streams compared to the family of four that are sitting in row ZZ and are lucky to see one or two games a year.

So revenues versus attendance and viewership in ALL of American football, hmmmmm, let's see.

It's a fact that attendance, viewership and importantly participation in pee-wee, high school, college and somewhat professional football are going down and have been for many years now at that trend will continue......especially with the undeniable  CTE mess that will continue.  Worldwide soccer and basketball are on the rise American football is not (financial analysts opinions not just mine).

In general high school games are near empty now, colleges can't give away the average bowl game tickets. So why would taxpayers want to fund a multi-billion dollar football facility? 

AND it looks like we 60+  boomers are fine with it as is now, many Millenials don't really care. Care to bet on that one?  ;)

I guess then my response is who gives a flying Shmuck what the millennial's think that they wanna watch soccer fags and other dumb Sheet sports I guess they can do that but no thank you I'll stick to the sports that real men likeI guess then my response is who gives a flying Shmuck what the millennial's think that they wanna watch soccer fags and other dumb Sheet sports I guess they can do that but no thank you I'll stick to the sports that real men like

On 6/30/2018 at 10:23 AM, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah that financial mumbo-jumbo what does it really mean?  :huh:

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-ad-revenue-increasing-despite-dropping-viewership-2017-10

.........The increase in ad revenue comes despite the NFL's viewership ratings being down 5% this season. Reasons including increased ad load and increasing per-unit ad prices have contributed to the growth.

Here's a closer look at some of the reasons helping grow ad spend on NFL broadcasts:

• NFL games have seen a 2% increase in commercial ad load.This means that if a viewer watched every September NFL game this September, they would have seen an additional 15 minutes of ads over last year, according to Broadcasting and Cable. Increased ad loads are particularly surprising, as the NFL and network partners reportedly planned on minimizing commercial breaks to improve the flow of the game and increase viewership, according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • Certain networks have increased per-unit ad prices.The average unit rates increased to $515,000 this year, up from an average of $482,000 in 2016, according to Fierce Cable. Fox and the NFL and saw 8% and 96% increases in revenues to $139 million and $23 million, respectively (Fox and the NFL aired one more national game in September than each network did in 2016, which also contributed to the increases, however). The willingness of advertisers to pay higher per-unit ad prices this year despite dropping viewership is reflective of a broader trend in NFL ad spending — the average price of a 30-second ad spot increased nearly 50% between 2011 and 2016, despite average viewership dropping by 1 million in that time frame.

^^ It's why attendance and viewership are down. Being at a live game, no fun watching the players stand around for two minutes while there's a beer break commercial- that you know is happening. 

Unless I'm at my pal's house swilling wine watching the Browns live- every other NFL game goes to DVR to skip the commercials. 

As an aside to Gip- ever notice there's no commercials in the live action soccer fag matches? NFL could take a lesson from them. The NFL has deliberately shortened live action running the clock- so they can cram more commercials into the same time frame.  :(  

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

^^ It's why attendance and viewership are down. Being at a live game, no fun watching the players stand around for two minutes while there's a beer break commercial- that you know is happening. 

Unless I'm at my pal's house swilling wine watching the Browns live- every other NFL game goes to DVR to skip the commercials. 

As an aside to Gip- ever notice there's no commercials in the live action soccer fag matches? NFL could take a lesson from them. The NFL has deliberately shortened live action running the clock- so they can cram more commercials into the same time frame.  :(  

They're too busy faking injuries and kissing their Shmucking boyfriend.  Soccer sucks.

I guess then my response is who gives a flying Shmuck what the millennial's think that they wanna watch soccer fags and other dumb Sheet sports I guess they can do that but no thank you I'll stick to the sports that real men likeI guess then my response is who gives a flying Shmuck what the millennial's think that they wanna watch soccer fags and other dumb Sheet sports I guess they can do that but no thank you I'll stick to the sports that real men like

Unless the men or women's USA teams are in it I find sock-her a bore.

American football will have it's own challenges ahead in a decade or so.

44 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Unless the men or women's USA teams are in it I find sock-her a bore.

American football will have it's own challenges ahead in a decade or so.

Absolutely thrilled the men's team didn't make it to the World Cup.

Glad to see this country not have to fake giving a crap about soccer just because there was a team with USA on their jersey. 

On 6/30/2018 at 11:57 AM, The Gipper said:

It doesn't mean that one fan base is better than another.....it just means that one team has been better than others for a period of time, or that one team has performed poorly over a period of time.  That is all.

....and that's all there is to it.  (unless it's L.A.  The sushi crowd has tended to lose interest.  Perhaps to go surfing and listen to the Beach Boys)

-----  or one could say it like I did in post 5 ------  

Here's the result of MY 'study'.

The teams that are winning year in and year out will have good fan bases.

The teams that are perennial losers each and every year will have a lousy fan base.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:01 AM, The Gipper said:

Yeah, like that's going to ever happen.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Absolutely thrilled the men's team didn't make it to the World Cup.

Glad to see this country not have to fake giving a crap about soccer just because there was a team with USA on their jersey. 

FOX laid out a bundle on this Russian "Putin" world cup and lost out on no USA plus champion Germany also disappeared, early viewership  in the USA was down 44%. 

Now it's the "we'll get them in 2026" at home is the battle cry. USA sock-her should be up some by then......hmmmm, who will be the president then? :huh:

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

There, I believe, you get into market dynamics.  Yes, absolutely, the commercials in an NFL game are annoying as shite.  But what you have is a product there that everybody wants to view, ergo, everybody wants to advertise on a football game, and everybody is willing to put up with the annoying commercial stoppages to enjoy the game.  Not so with soccer.   It is not very popular, ergo, not many are watching, ergo there are not many that want to advertise during a match.  Sure, I would love for there to be no commercial stoppages at a football game, but the incredible money they get from advertisers only comes about as a result of the game's popularity.

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Yeah, like that's going to ever happen.

It will.  Dan Rooney....the real master of the Steeler dynasty is dead.  Ben R. is the one guy that keeps that franchise on top. Once he is gone, that team will have it downturn.  If you don't think things aren't cyclical, you have paid no attention to history.  Only very rarely do you get a Steve Young following up a Joe Montana. It has been 20 years since the end of the 49ers dynasty....and they have hardly recovered since. (maybe they will now...but it will have taken those 20 years.

For the first 40 years of their existance the New England Patriots were one of the worst teams in the league.  Once the BB/TB combination ducks out, they could be back to that.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It will.  Dan Rooney....the real master of the Steeler dynasty is dead.  Ben R. is the one guy that keeps that franchise on top. Once he is gone, that team will have it downturn.  If you don't think things aren't cyclical, you have paid no attention to history.  Only very rarely do you get a Steve Young following up a Joe Montana. It has been 20 years since the end of the 49ers dynasty....and they have hardly recovered since. (maybe they will now...but it will have taken those 20 years.

For the first 40 years of their existance the New England Patriots were one of the worst teams in the league.  Once the BB/TB combination ducks out, they could be back to that.

Yes, and the majority of Steeler fans think the history of the NFL started in 1972, when the Squealers started their big run. Before that it was 27 losing seasons, 4 .500 records, and 8 winning seasons in almost 40 years, including one "perfect" 0-10.  But that was a long time ago according to them, can't possibly happen again. After all, we're the Mighty Steelers. A few bad drafts after Ben retires and Mason Rudolph doesn't pan out, back to mediocrity. We've already heard opinions here that a lot of Pittsburgh fans are less than thrilled with Tomlin.   

They've had their Bubby Brister years since.  I always like to point out- as Investment Companies always do- "past performance is no guarantee of future results".  

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Football is NOT cyclical. Whatthefucck cycle explains the Patriots....Browns......................    Please, oh cement cranium, I am dying to hear this analysis. THe Steelers and Patriots both are teams with systems and philosophies in place. The Steelers indeed are not likely to just find a replacement for Ben.... HOWEVER................... they will NEVER go into the kind of "cycle" the Browns have been in since 1999. THere is nothing cyclical about this.

The Steelers draft playmakers.................. The Browns purposely have refrained from drafting playmakers

Steeler teams are vicious..........The Browns are passive, zone, prevent, pussy Zumba tackling queers.

Steeler teams are disciplined...................... The Browns remain the most undisciplined team perhaps in the history of the NFL

The Steelers are QB intense....BIG QBs................ The Browns think QBs should be homosexual sizes.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes, and the majority of Steeler fans think the history of the NFL started in 1972, when the Squealers started their big run. Before that it was 27 losing seasons, 4 .500 records, and 8 winning seasons in almost 40 years, including one "perfect" 0-10.  But that was a long time ago according to them, can't possibly happen again. After all, we're the Mighty Steelers. A few bad drafts after Ben retires and Mason Rudolph doesn't pan out, back to mediocrity. We've already heard opinions here that a lot of Pittsburgh fans are less than thrilled with Tomlin.   

They've had their Bubby Brister years since.  I always like to point out- as Investment Companies always do- "past performance is no guarantee of future results".  

Bubby Brister was better than any QB the Browns have had since 1999.

Archived