THE BROWNS BOARD

Another one bites the dust

Silverback

Guest TheJokersWILD
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...wns_defens.html

Wow, all of these ex Browns dying of heart conditions in the past few months. Lou Saban, Ron Snidow, and Pio Sagapolutele. Further proof of rampant steriod use in the Cleveland Browns organization....

So does that mean that someday James Harrison and many other Steelers will die of heart conditions?

Guest TheJokersWILD
No they are clean, thanks for your concern...

You mean all those steroid infested,complete wastes of human life douchebags are completely clean? WOW I am so sorry! My BAD :rolleyes: Give me your address so I can send a card.....A F#ck You card.

Hey Sliverdick, good to see you back around buddy.

Dude, you wear the chip on your shoulder proudly.

Now, when is your football team going to win a legit championship without a bunch of roid heads and paid off refs?

Hey Sliverdick, good to see you back around buddy.

Dude, you wear the chip on your shoulder proudly.

Now, when is your football team going to win a legit championship without a bunch of roid heads and paid off refs?

When is your team going to win ANYTHING? EVER???? Check the signature, Ben R. has won more playoff games in 5 years than the Browns franchise has won in your lifetime..... And the Steelers won clean, the Browns lose dirty. Steroids + dead players + history of losing = Cleveland Browns. I am sad for you guys...

When is your team going to win ANYTHING? EVER???? Check the signature, Ben R. has won more playoff games in 5 years than the Browns franchise has won in your lifetime..... And the Steelers won clean, the Browns lose dirty. Steroids + dead players + history of losing = Cleveland Browns. I am sad for you guys...

We'll win soon but it won't be the Steeler way. You guys need to clean up your act over there, it's disgusting and not everybody is doing it.

There is something seriously mentally disturbed with someone that trolls like this. Especially when you do it to a team's fans you've dominated over the last two or three decades. I'm not kidding here. I think there are some serious mental issues involved. Some may get pissed at guys like this.....I actually feel sorry for the guy. He's ill.

It especially shows itself when he starts threads like this basically making fun of a person's death. Wow....That is disturbed.

I'd rather be a healthy fan of the Browns than a mentally ill Steeler fan like this guy. I thank God for my health everyday.

Sliverdick is taking a little break for awhile. It wasn't even this thread that got him in trouble it was the photo thread where he kept reposting his stupid picture. The Browns fan started a serious thread looking for some help and Sliverdick in true Puker fashion came and dicked it up.

He started this thread because he is legitimately embarrassed by the Steelers and their cheating ways. He is trying to deflect and it's got him going mad I tells ya.

There is something seriously mentally disturbed with someone that trolls like this. Especially when you do it to a team's fans you've dominated over the last two or three decades. I'm not kidding here. I think there are some serious mental issues involved.

You are 100% correct, and it's called Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

It is also colloquially referred to as "the god complex".

It makes perfect sense. I have read about this disorder before and it does fit people like Silver.

I have tried to think like him.....I'm a huge Buckeye fan. It would be like me joining one of the Wolverine sites to talk smack since the Buckeyes has owned Michigan for the last 9 years. I try to imagine the mindset that would actually enjoy this and I just can't do it.

Guest TheJokersWILD

Wow, all of these ex Browns dying of heart conditions in the past few months. Lou Saban, Ron Snidow, and Pio Sagapolutele. Further proof of rampant steriod use in the Cleveland Browns organization....

Ok it's clear that you steeler fans don't understand the concept of a "sports rivalry". What you said takes it beyond that 101.gif IT IS ONLY A SPORT!!!! Your lucky I'm not a mod cuz' I'd kick your sorry ass off this board. 1335.gif

wow thanks for also proving in your own words and theory that the Steelers did in deed use steroids. cause there are alot of dead ex steeler players out there too and one even wrote a book about it, oo and check your facts. does not really sound like steriods to me i mean Sabin died at like 87 and Snidow at like 68. not exactly spring chickens Snidow a bit young but does not really sound like steriods Lou Gehrig's disease

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Snidow

Ron Snidow

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Ron Snidow

Date of birth: December 30, 1941(1941-12-30)

Place of birth: Newport News, Virginia

Date of death: May 17, 2009 (aged 67)

Place of death: Italy

Career information

Position(s): Defensive tackle

Jersey №: 78

College: Oregon

AFL Draft: 1963 / Round: 10 / Pick: 76

(by the Buffalo Bills)

NFL Draft: 1963 / Round: 3 / Pick: 35

Organizations

As player:

1963-1967

1968-1972 Washington Redskins

Cleveland Browns

Playing stats at NFL.com

Ronald Wayne Snidow (December 30, 1941 – May 17, 2009) was a former American football defensive tackle in the National Football League for the Washington Redskins and the Cleveland Browns. He played college football at the University of Oregon. After a broken leg while playing with the Browns, Snidow worked as a commercial real estate broker in Southern California, until he retired. In 2008, Ron Snidow was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease, which he would die from the next year while on a vacation cruise off the coast of Italy on the island of Elba.

This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help by expanding it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Saban

Lou Saban

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Lou Saban

Date of birth October 13, 1921(1921-10-13)

Place of birth Brookfield, Illinois

Date of death March 29, 2009 (aged 87)

Position(s) Head Coach

Guard

College Indiana University

Honors American Football League

Champion, 1964 and 1965

Career record 95-99-7

Championships

won 1965 AFL Championship

1964 AFL Championship

Playing stats DatabaseFootball

Coaching stats DatabaseFootball

Team(s) as a player

1946–1949 AAFC Cleveland Browns

Team(s) as a coach/administrator

1957–1959

1960–1961

1962–1965

1967–1969

1970–1971

1972–1976

1977–1978

1983–1984 Northwestern, NCAA

Western Illinois, NCAA

Boston Patriots, AFL

Buffalo Bills, AFL

Maryland, NCAA

Denver Broncos, AFL

Denver Broncos, NFL

Buffalo Bills, NFL

Miami, NCAA

Army, NCAA

UCF, NCAA

Louis Henry Saban (October 13, 1921 – March 29, 2009) was a retired football player and coach. Saban played for Indiana University in college and as a pro for the Cleveland Browns of the All-America Football Conference. Saban was the head coach of the Boston Patriots, Buffalo Bills and Denver Broncos of the American Football League (later, American Football Conference). At his death, Lou Saban was the last survivor of the eight coaches of the Original Eight American Football League franchises, the others being Eddie Erdelatz, Frank Filchock, Buster Ramsey, Lou Rymkus, Sammy Baugh, and Hall of Fame coaches Hank Stram and Sid Gillman. Saban was also the head coach of a number of colleges, including Northwestern, Maryland, Miami, and Army.

Biography

[edit] Playing years

Saban played college football at Indiana University where he was named All-Big Ten as a quarterback one year and All-Big Ten as a fullback in another. He began his pro career with the Cleveland Browns of the All-America Football Conference (AAFC). He was the team captain as the Browns dominated the AAFC in all four years of the league's existence. Saban was twice voted to the league's All-Star team as a linebacker. [1]

[edit] College coaching

He went on to be head coach at Case Institute, where he compiled a 10-14-1 record from 1950-1952. He then was an assistant coach at the University of Washington, before becoming an assistant coach at Northwestern University in 1954. In 1955, Saban was named as the head coach at Northwestern. Two years later, he moved on to Western Illinois University, where he would remain as head coach until he entered the professional football ranks to guide the Boston Patriots of the newly formed American Football League (AFL). In his last season at Western Illinois, his 1959 team had an undefeated 9-0 record. [1]

[edit] Professional Football coaching

In the early 1960s the Buffalo Bills enjoyed an era of glory. The driving force behind it was Lou Saban, whose style of coaching won him the respect, love, and loyalty of his players. "Trader Lou" came to the Buffalo Bills as head coach in 1962, from the Patriots. He set to work building the Bills into a formidable defensive team, with a strong offense as well. His record at Buffalo during the AFL years was 36-17-3, with winning seasons in each of his four years.

In 1964 and 1965, the Bills went 12-2 and 10-3-1, en route to consecutive AFL championships. Saban was the only man ever to accomplish that feat, and the only one to coach his team into the post-season three straight years (1963-1965). His volatile style nevertheless endeared him to his players. He is shown in a famous clip bemoning to an assistant coach: "They're killin' me out there, Whitey, they're killin' me!" He once suspended Cookie Gilchrist for taking himself out of a game in which Gilchrist claimed the Bills were "passing too much", but Cookie's teammates pleaded with Saban until he reinstated the big fullback. In the 1965 AFL championship game against the San Diego Chargers, when offensive linemen Billy Shaw and Dave Behrman were injured, Saban inserted veteran Ernie Warlick opposite rookie Paul Costa in a double tight end formation whch helped the Bills win the game.

Saban was named Coach of the Year twice, but one week after winning his second title, he quit to become head coach at the University of Maryland, and then the Denver Broncos. He returned to the Buffalo Bills (by then in the NFL) from 1972 through 1976, and was credited with coaching Bills running back O.J. Simpson to his full potential.[2]

[edit] Back to college

Saban served as head coach at the University of Miami from 1977 to 1978, and is credited with helping lay the foundation for the Hurricanes' future success, in particular recruiting quarterback Jim Kelly to the university. However, despite a winning record in 1978, Saban departed Miami amid controversy. That April, three Miami players threw a twenty-one-year-old Jewish man who worked at a campus gathering place for UM's Jewish community into a lake. When Saban returned to campus a few days later, he was unaware the man was Jewish and reportedly said "Getting thrown in the lake? Sounds like fun to me." Miami's Jewish community complained, and despite numerous apologies, Saban could not stem the protests and at the end of the season he left to coach at Army. [3]

Saban spent the 1983 and 1984 seasons as the head coach at UCF which was a Division II school at the time. He took over a team which had gone 0-10 in 1982 and led the Golden Knights to a 5-6 record in 1983. He was replaced by his assistant, Jerry Anderson, midway trhough the 1984 season with UCF's record standing at 1-6.

In the late 1980s, Lou decided to coach high school football and spent the 1989 season as head coach of the Georgetown High School Bulldogs in Georgetown, South Carolina. Though only winning one game, he was credited with ending a 21 game losing streak, improving the overall operations of the athletic staff and gaining attention for his players, several of whom ended up with college scholarships. He then spent a year as head coach at Nebraska's Peru State College in 1991, compiling a 7-4 record. In 1994, Saban had a very short stint coaching an expansion Arena Football franchise known as the Milwaukee Mustangs as well as helping to start the Alfred State College football program, though he never coached a game there. Saban then served as the first head coach at SUNY Canton from 1995 until retiring in 2000. His record at this two-year college was 34-16. He retired to coastal South Carolina, but shortly thereafter returned to coaching in 2001-2002 as head coach at Chowan University in Murfreesboro, North Carolina, compiling a 2-13 record. He is a member of the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.

[edit] Legacy

Including his stops at both two and four year schools, Coach Saban's overall collegiate coaching record was 94–99–4. Including the playoffs, his Professional Football record stands at 97–101–7. Nick Saban, head football coach at the University of Alabama may be his cousin, but the coaches' respective immediate families are not sure whether or not they are related.[4] He also was President of the New York Yankees 1981–1982.[5]

Marty Schottenheimer, who played for Saban in 1965-1968 with the AFL's Bills, was greatly influenced by Saban's coaching philosophy. Schottenheimer and the coaches influenced by him are considered to be in Lou Saban's coaching tree. They include:

* Schottenheimer

* Joel Collier

* Cam Cameron

* Bill Cowher

* Herm Edwards

* Tony Dungy

* Marvin Lewis

* Ken Wisenhunt

* Lovie Smith

* Rod Marinelli

* Mike Tomlin

[edit] Saban's Professional Football coaching tree

Numbers indicate Super Bowls won by Saban's "descendants", a total of three.

Image:SabanCoachingTree.gif

Sporting positions

Preceded by

Sam Weir University of Central Florida Head Football Coach

1983-1984 Succeeded by

Jerry Anderson

Preceded by

Carl Selmer University of Miami Head Football Coach

1977–1978 Succeeded by

Howard Schnellenberger

Preceded by

Harvey Johnson Buffalo Bills Head Coach

1972–1976 Succeeded by

Jim Ringo

Preceded by

Ray Malavasi Denver Broncos Head Coach

1967–1971 Succeeded by

Jerry Smith

Preceded by

Tom Nugent University of Maryland Head Football Coach

1966 Succeeded by

Bob Ward

Preceded by

Buster Ramsey Buffalo Bills Head Coach

1962–1965 Succeeded by

Joe Collier

Preceded by

First coach Boston Patriots Head Coach

1960–1961 Succeeded by

Mike Holovak

Preceded by

Bob Voigts Northwestern University Head Football Coach

1955 Succeeded by

Ara Parseghian

Awards and achievements

Preceded by

Sid Gillman AFL Championship winning Head Coach

1964, 1965 Succeeded by

Hank Stram

[edit] Death

In his later years, Saban had been experiencing heart problems and recently experienced a fall in his home that required hospitalization. He died at his home in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina at 4 am EST on March 29, 2009.[6]

[edit] See also

* Other American Football League coaches, players, and contributors

You mean besides our winning percentages the last 20 years?

You make it sound like Lou Saban was awaiting his 50th birthday. You DO know he's Nick Saban's father right? Alot of people in their mid 80s die of heart disease.

Those of us that KNOW what the flock we are talking about know that Cleveland actually set up a group called the "Inner Circle" to prevent/intervene with those fiddling with the Steeler shortcuts.

SI never did a casket count in Cleveland mainly because there was no need to. That said, the CDC is looking for epidemiologists that can link all the senior citizens with heart problems to steroids abuse.

- Tom F.

SLITHER, you are the poster boy for the dangers of having children with your sister! Now SLITHER on back to Pittspuke.

not to worry guys...

once the pens get their asses handed to 'em tonight, wait till you see crosby next year. probly 30 lbs heavier, 20 IQ points stupider.

interesting anecdote: you guys should hear the fans here in Pitt bitching about the refs.....apparently, its the refs against the pens because the wings are league favorites.

oh the irony.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Sliver Dick,

I can't believe you even suggest that my father Ronald Snidow died because of steroid use. I don't believe you even know what the hell you are talking about. My Father was totally Anti-drug, he got his power from hard work, not pills.

It's obvious from this board that others here feel your are a total "tool" and I hope you think twice about spreading your garbage about the Browns.

and if you ever go to heaven, remember my Dad will be there waiting #88. to put you in a world of hurt.

Archived