THE BROWNS BOARD

Pluto on Hue

Westside Steve

...... But the bottom line is PFF believes Taylor (4.9 WAR) adds five wins to the Browns. Former quarterback DeShone Kizer (minus 2.9 WAR) was solely responsible for three losses because of his excess turnovers.

Not only did Kizer throw an NFL-high 22 interceptions, he also lost seven fumbles. So that's 29 turnovers in 15 games.

In 15 games, Taylor threw four interceptions and lost four fumbles -- a total of eight turnovers........

I actually saw that, kind of made you feel like the BROWNS were ready to print playoff tickets.

When does Hard Knocks start on HBO?

While Taylor isn't a dynamic QB, he is a professional one. 

His ability to make sound decisions with the ball alone will make this offense far more consistent than last year's. 

2 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Not to mention the much better talent we have on the team.  I do blame Hue for the performance, but overall we team is completely different.  

He was a poor choice to run a team so young.

Now he has a few veteran players, so we'll see if that helps. 

10 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

I do blame Hue for the performance, but

Hue had a team with many 'round' players....but he wasn't gonna adapt his offense to them.  Nope.  Instead he mashed them into his 'square' holed offense.  The Haslams, of course, don't know the difference...so they kept him (ironically).  AT LEAST we have Haley running the offense this time around.  Rumor has it that he understands how to tailor his offense to the round and/or square pegs that he's got to work with.

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

While Taylor isn't a dynamic QB, he is a professional one. 

His ability to make sound decisions with the ball alone will make this offense far more consistent than last year's. 

I mean, that's just it. PFF said that just by trading Kizer (not even ADDING Tyrod) we will win 5 more games. That's absolutely insane. Now obviously we can't take what they say as gospel, but the point is clear:  We're monstrously better by having a QB who won't turn it over as much....ESPECIALLY in the red zone. Red zone turnovers are completely deflating to the entire team. We had games where we moved the freaking ball. We just couldn't score. (we also had multiple games where our defense crapped the bed, but I digress). 

I've made the same point Pluto made, as have many of us. We can improve our roster as much as we want, but if our COACHES don't improve, how much better can we be? I feel, as do many analysts, that Hue Jackson CAN coach in this league. He acquired an OC whom is respected and talented. While we might not have LaDaveon Bell, Big Ben, and Antonio Brown....it's safe to say our cupboard finally isn't bare either. I'm VERY interested to see what Hue can do with a legit roster, a proven OC, and veteran QB. It's also important to remember Pluto's point about Hue now being head coach, and not OC and coach. That's more important than people may realize. 

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Pluto's point about Hue now being head coach, and not OC and coach. That's more important than people may realize. 

No.  I think many of us DO realize how important Haley being the OC is.

On the paper that you can make paper airplanes out of.....we should have a better running game and a better passing game.  Tyrod, Landry, Callaway, Gordon, Hyde, Chub.  On paper, not too shabby.   (that's added to Duke, Njoku, Coleman, etc.)

oh so now that pff says kizer was an asswhole behind center u all beleive it. lols. anybody that knows football was whiteknuckling the armchair watching kizer drift left then throw back over to the right. i was done with thst kid after the chargers game when bosa put a clownhat on him

On 7/7/2018 at 11:21 PM, Orion said:

Hue had a team with many 'round' players....but he wasn't gonna adapt his offense to them.  Nope.  Instead he mashed them into his 'square' holed offense.  The Haslams, of course, don't know the difference...so they kept him (ironically).  AT LEAST we have Haley running the offense this time around.  Rumor has it that he understands how to tailor his offense to the round and/or square pegs that he's got to work with.

What an unoriginal (and mostly wrong) take.

21 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

oh so now that pff says kizer was an asswhole behind center u all beleive it. lols. anybody that knows football was whiteknuckling the armchair watching kizer drift left then throw back over to the right. i was done with thst kid after the chargers game when bosa put a clownhat on him

I was way ahead of you forming that opinion, never wanted Kizer in the first place. It will be interesting to see if he developes any sitting behind Rogers.

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I was way ahead of you forming that opinion, never wanted Kizer in the first place. It will be interesting to see if he developes any sitting behind Rogers.

kizer might have been nice had we kept mccown or at least some other vet. kizer was not ready but a couple decent outings early on and he was the savior. clev did this exact same sht with gonger boy who's name thankfully escapes me at the moment

41 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Kizer as a rookie with his limited experience on a good team would have got clobbered around (but most good teams already have a quarterback).

On the 2017 BROWNS  it was a train wreck waiting to happen. He might be just fine as an Aaron Rodgers understudy, he does have tools.

Archived