THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Official Fantasy Football Leagues

Zombo

2 hours ago, Flyin J said:

We still have one opening in league 4 to fill, even if someone wants in a second league.

Hey J,  did you get my Yahoo email? JDailey23 will take it, see his email address above. mjp

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/4/2018 at 6:39 PM, jcam222 said:

Not to sure if being buried in the man thread is helping on this. I need teams to confirm on the league board whether or not they are participating. It was very frustrating last year tracking everyone down with multiple emails. Its becoming the same again this year. Please confirm ASAP.  

For the points league we could use two more anyway so if interested let me know. It adds a whole different level of strategy when you have to select individual defensive players.

Below are the screenshots of the teams from last year for each league

League V is locked and loaded for 8 teams. If there are TWO teams interested  in joining I would take us up to 10, PM me

League V

Team Manager Joined Notes
logo Campbell's Soupermen 38158607950_3e59b8_16sq.jpgJeff Jul 29 Created League
logo 870 Express 37925979060_fdfac1_16sq.jpgTommy Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo Brownsfan Barry 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgBARRY Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo Flyin J's 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgFlyin J Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo Hot Diggity Dawgs 37511916403_faaee7_16sq.jpgOsiris Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo Westingson Welkerson 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgBrandon Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo MOPOWER TO YA! 😎 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgGerry Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo 1 21 JJ WATTS 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgdaniel

Jul 29

Joined via renew

Points League 

Have added one team today that will show shortly taking us to 7 confirmed, still need a confirm from Ballzdeep and Gronk, I will eliminate both without response by the end of the week. I am open to take another 1 - 3 teams please PM

Campbells Soupermen 38158607950_3e59b8_16sq.jpgJeff Jul 29 Created League
logo BARRYS Awesome Team 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgBARRY Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo TeamTourificNowWithD 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgB Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo Flyin J's Team 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgFlyin J Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo The Gerryattricks 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgGerry Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo BallzDeep 37921749900_cd58b5_16sq.jpgDno Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo The Big Gronkowski 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgGavin Jul 29 Joined via renew
logo 1 21 WATTS 39361574426_98028a_16sq.jpgdaniel Jul 29 Joined via renew

Updates above in red font. I have had some inquiries about draft times and will attempt to move both later to satisfy both coasts :)

We've got an opening in the Otto Graham League ... "Grandaddy of em all!".

Post in this thread or PM me, first one to contact me either way gets in:

Must be a Browns fan.

Must stay with your team all season no matter what.

Jump in!

image.png

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

We've got an opening in the Otto Graham League ... "Grandaddy of em all!".

Post in this thread or PM me, first one to contact me either way gets in:

Must be a Browns fan.

Must stay with your team all season no matter what.

Jump in!

We need one of last year's winners in another league.

We have standards don't cha know...

7 hours ago, Flyin J said:

We do have an opening in League 4 if youd like an invite.

Your invo to Otto Graham was just sent. Hope Unsymp signs up in League 4, I'm winning that one too.

Zombo

10 minutes ago, Browns57 said:

I am supposed to be in League 4 but I think Flying J deleted me out so if there are any openings in any leagues Zombo send me an invite. Preferably a 12 team league. 8 teams is for the birds. Thank you!

I sent plenty of roll call emails, messages, and posts.  Theres still an opening for the first person to IM me an email.

16 hours ago, Flyin J said:

I sent plenty of roll call emails, messages, and posts.  Theres still an opening for the first person to IM me an email.

You did not and this is the 2nd year you pulled this. Plus you changed the rules of the league last year after we have been doing this longer than you have even been on this board. 

10 hours ago, Browns57 said:

You did not and this is the 2nd year you pulled this. Plus you changed the rules of the league last year after we have been doing this longer than you have even been on this board. 

Well sorry I went to a standard format.  I posted on the league message board about the changes and asked for input.  Nobody responded they wouldnt like that.  And yes I emailed the whole league 3 times, and posted on here and waited a month before I deleted anyone.  Look at the league message board.

Please move the draft to Monday evening. I will be at an Alice Cooper show on Sunday evening. Also we still have time to add 2 more teams if 2 more want to get in. Much better to have 12 teams. Let's also match the other leagues and remove the TE spot and make it the way we have been running all leagues here for the past 15 years.  And obviously it should be a PPR league if it isn't. Thanks. 

17 hours ago, Browns57 said:

Please move the draft to Monday evening. I will be at an Alice Cooper show on Sunday evening. Also we still have time to add 2 more teams if 2 more want to get in. Much better to have 12 teams. Let's also match the other leagues and remove the TE spot and make it the way we have been running all leagues here for the past 15 years.  And obviously it should be a PPR league if it isn't. Thanks. 

Good except if you remove the TE spot almost nobody will pick any TE players, he also added an extra player overall a few years back to compensate for the TE and byes weeks. Every league I've been for many years has the TE players.

If we eliminate the TE outside of the handful of good TE players it becomes a totally ignored position, not very realistic. 

On moving the time ask around here, many leagues have already set dates and times......I'm OK with Sunday or Monday. 

Not having a tight end makes the league more fun. You have to find more pass catching backs or marginal we for the flex spot. Or you could draft gronk and add him. But the bigger point is that is the way all leagues have been run since long before you got here so why do you think you should be the one to switch it. As for people not competing that can become a problem but not because of having 12 teams it is just the people who were playing. Same two teams every year in this league. 

If you want better participation though you should definitely make sure people are there for the draft because if they get stuck with a bad auto draft that can be a deterent and cause lack of investment. Thank you for finally sorting things out and in the future a quick message to zombo to say hey ask him if he is in would work. Not all of is frequent the brown when season isn't on as we have other things more important going on. But we do play every single year. If you had been here longer you would know who those people are. You will learn. 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, Zombo said:

and we still don't have system that crowns one overall champion.

Let's run some ideas by

Ok Zombo, 

I have a possible solution. We may not be able to implement it this year because some leagues have different settings it seems (but maybe we can). It would be a 2 year solution. In the first year we all play as normal. Then the following year we take the first and second place finishers in each league from the prior year + wildcard teams based on highest scoring points from all leagues to fill out 1 league. Then that league will give you the best of the best for a 2 year period. Then we reset and start over the following year. 

Best I could come up with if we want a true champion.

The only challenges would be scoring/positions/and # of teams in each league should be the same across all leagues as that will have an impact on total points for wildcard as well as quality of champions. It is easier to win an 8 team league than it is a 12 team league etc. 

We could increase that 8 team league to 10 if you wanted to start this year. It still wouldn't be perfect but it would be better. I would jump in that 8 team league if somebody else would too.

Any other thoughts???? 

● On Browns57's Monday draft I'm OK with it in fact I prefer it Monday. 

NOTE: I'M having problems with the yahoo fantasy league SUBMIT on the message reply with my tablet, now I have many tablets so it might be a site issue.

I've been on these sports boards for about 20 years I know my way around things there and according to my wife I'm not totally stupid. I dunno.  :huh:

yep, playing in league 4 is a pure joy🤕..As i posted last season..Most people mock draft ahead of time at designated positions..Pick the damn format than stick to it & don't be influenced by no one 1 week before drafting than changing them..cut the fat out,figure what positions & date..THAN STICK TO IT.. 

12 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

yep, playing in league 4 is a pure joy🤕 ..As i posted last season..Most people mock draft ahead of time at designated positions..Pick the damn format than stick to it & don't be influenced by no one 1 week before drafting than changing them..cut the fat out,figure what positions & date..THAN STICK TO IT.. 

I agree with you he has to keep making changes. Last year I drafted only to find out he added a TE position when we never ever had that position before. 

As for changes I am fine with having a TE now that we know I just think all leagues should be the same (used to be that way for all leagues). As for the draft time there are conflicts and we need to be informed and vote. On the FF site there is a place for us to give feedback if we are asked by the commish. But that would also mean we would have to NOT be cut from the league and things get changed etc....etc.... 

But hey he is young and they do what they want. We will get it straightened out. 

My feedback would be let's tell him what we think by posting on the Yahoo FF page so he will know when we have a beef (I think you did last year).

But as I said earlier, if you want everyone to fully participate the should be present for the draft. I they get stuck with a bad team odds go down. Last year we had a couple who didn't even set lineups.

I've been commissioner, global moderator, advisor, etc.on yahoo, fleaflicker  (my favorite), ESPN FLs, ,boards and contests at some point you just have to ask for opinions and be the boss and go. YES there will be different ideas and viewpoints but you just move on.

Flyin J has done that with all of us, if people do not add any input you assume they are OK with things and we move on.

Below are the communications so far.

Are you ready for some football?  I AM! GO BROWNS!

Screenshot_2018-08-26-18-19-47.png

57, I've been in money leagues for years..done very well..you have to have the format to run mocks ahead of time..These am here for some fun! J's right, people stick with there bread on the line..but these are a crab shoot gm's can't control..enough of the itch'in & moaning..set the deal and am in..good luck!

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Flyin J has done that with all of us, if people do not add any input you assume they are OK with things and we move on.

Well maybe for you. But I didn't get one email. I had to reach out personally to a board admin to get my spot back and that only happened yesterday sooooo...... And I don't see anywhere where he asked when was a good time for the draft. Did that happen. That is always up for debate and has been changed due to conflicts. Never been an issue before in all the years I have played here. But hey if I need to autodraft I will.  But if Monday evening works for everyone no reason not to move it. We already had 1 person say they would prefer it. 

Does Monday night not work for you?

Just now, Browns57 said:

Well maybe for you. But I didn't get one email. I had to reach out personally to a board admin to get my spot back and that only happened yesterday sooooo...... And I don't see anywhere where he asked when was a good time for the draft. Did that happen. That is always up for debate and has been changed due to conflicts. Never been an issue before in all the years I have played here. But hey if I need to autodraft I will.  But if Monday evening works for everyone no reason not to move it. We already had 1 person say they would prefer it. 

Does Monday night not work for you?

Oh I did get emails......but I've found yahoo less than 100% reliable at times. I do try to check in daily.

And Monday is fine with me.

5 hours ago, Browns57 said:

Ok Zombo, 

I have a possible solution. We may not be able to implement it this year because some leagues have different settings it seems (but maybe we can). It would be a 2 year solution. In the first year we all play as normal. Then the following year we take the first and second place finishers in each league from the prior year + wildcard teams based on highest scoring points from all leagues to fill out 1 league. Then that league will give you the best of the best for a 2 year period. Then we reset and start over the following year. 

Best I could come up with if we want a true champion.

The only challenges would be scoring/positions/and # of teams in each league should be the same across all leagues as that will have an impact on total points for wildcard as well as quality of champions. It is easier to win an 8 team league than it is a 12 team league etc. 

We could increase that 8 team league to 10 if you wanted to start this year. It still wouldn't be perfect but it would be better. I would jump in that 8 team league if somebody else would too.

Any other thoughts???? 

I tried to unify all the leagues last year, and have it be a rolling system where you get ranked after every year, and the top 10 play in 1, 11-20 play in 2 etc....Nobody replied.  

13 hours ago, Flyin J said:

I tried to unify all the leagues last year, and have it be a rolling system where you get ranked after every year, and the top 10 play in 1, 11-20 play in 2 etc....Nobody replied. 

So instead you decided to change league settings to make this more difficult. Good solution.

Just now, Browns57 said:

So the best way to get this accomplished is for us to pin a message on the board that says everybody make sure they update their email address on the board so we can reseed and then post which league each member will play in each year. If this is something that cannot be done admins let me know. That way we can get updated info plus they will have plenty of advanced notice (not just weeks but about a year.) 

Archived