Dez on his way ?

darren15

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Browns are a 20 yr example of worst case scenarios

Any talent they have gets injured or traded 

Yup, and bringing in another over the hill head case wr will continue the trend. In the fine tradition of Kenny Britt and others. 

45 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yup, and bringing in another over the hill head case wr will continue the trend. In the fine tradition of Kenny Britt and others. 

They might have gotten it right.  Added legit free agents and top draft talent 

QB room has to be most improved in the NFL 

Again, defenses now know the Browns can beat them with the passing game, and they won't start crowding the los

and dare the Browns to pass. The giants did it, and gave up 322 yards passing, 3 touchdowns. and the oline deserves a few games to get their timing on the run game to jell.

You watch, I predict the running game gets going soon.

12 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I don't expect Callaway or Gordon to be here.  And our run game Is like having Richardson and crow on the backfield.  

All teams have to do cover Landry real good and we don't have a pass game.  Next man up are scrubs.  

No run game, no pass game we will need to really on our d half a season ?

No, teams dont have to cover landry real good.  Landry is an underneath possession and bubble screen reciever.   They are more than happy to let him catch all the dink and dunk passes he wants in many situations.

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

No, teams dont have to cover landry real good.  Landry is an underneath possession and bubble screen reciever.   They are more than happy to let him catch all the dink and dunk passes he wants in many situations.

Your eyes may get opened for you this season Mr/Ms know it all.

Mike

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

WTF his first catch of the night was over 30 yards downfield I would not call that dink and dunk 

43 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

He seems to want to get paid. Not exactly a hot commodity. My prediction- Dorsey will work him out and wait a couple weeks on Gordon's possible return. Josh on the active roster, signing Dez makes zero sense. #4 WR on the depth chart that's want to get paid like a #1. No thanks. 

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

Yeah, his career 10 ypc, teams will just let him first down them all the way down the field. 

Face it Gordon will not be the same when he comes back.  And to pro bowl level?  If he comes back!!!  

Get off Gordon's Sock.  Just like people were on pryors Sock a few years back.

Callaway cannot be counted on.  So you want to roll with Landry and Higgins and hope for the best?

4 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Face it Gordon will not be the same when he comes back.  And to pro bowl level?  If he comes back!!!  

Callaway cannot be counted on.  So you want to roll with Landry and Higgins and hope for the best?

what makes you so sure Gordon will not be the same ? Calloway had not played for over a year and he looked damn impressive after all that time off

can dez stretch the secondary where teams have to run with him dowmfield? if that answer is yes U BRING HIM IN. He opens crossing routes for landry. And when teams crowd landry dez is gonna get deep shots. If he's lost too much of a step, well...tham theres not much point. We need a big downfield burner....ie josh gordon. Landry can do that too but i prefer that big cnt that can out leap on the jump balls to do that downfield heavy lifting. Landry is our freak and springing him on those crosses behind the big go route.......i mean fuk thats the stuff that takes u deep into november and january

52 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

I'll get off of Gordon's when you get off of Bryant's OK? I'm saying- it's too early in the preseason to make a panic move. Signing Bryant now is a panic move in my book. Maybe you haven't noticed, but there's 31 other teams in the NFL who already have had the opportunity to sign Dez, and none have. Bryant got released by the Cowboys, and a quick perusal of their roster tells me they're even weaker at WR than the Browns are- so if Jerrah doesn't want him- why the hell should we? 

He's not the same receiver he was four years ago when he was racking up 1,000+ yards and 10+ tds.  Problem is- he still thinks he is. AND wants to get paid like it. Seriously- we sign a bum like Kenny Britt coming off a contract year, and now we sign Dez who's numbers last year don't even equal Kenny's?  Absolute short sighted move. We're not going to the Super Bowl this year, and it takes a real sunshine pumper to think the Browns are going from 0-16 to the playoffs.  

We are looking like a 3 win team tops with the receiving core we have.  As you can tell I have no faith in Gordon.  Outside of Landry we don't have much.  Injury to Landry we will be 0-16.  

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

We are looking like a 3 win team tops with the receiving core we have.  As you can tell I have no faith in Gordon.  Outside of Landry we don't have much.  Injury to Landry we will be 0-16.  

LOL, and Bryant is the miracle cure to win a couple more games. I won't go so far as to say Bryant is as washed up as a beached whale (the rest of the league seems to think so).  Should we sign him, I'll trust Dorsey's judgement.  0-16? OK -Debbie Downer- it's not happening two years in a row. According to PPF, just by itself shipping turnover machine Kizer to the Packers should be worth 4 wins. 

37 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Gordon, hue and Callaway can go smoke a bowl and spoon and cuddle in their safe space corner.  

So you are okay with Higgins being our #2 without?

I'll start worrying if Gordon still isn't here by the 25th. You think the Steelers are sweating it Le'veon Bel is sitting out the entire preseason pouting about his contract? That's when Bryant will get a phone call from the Browns. MHO? Callaway got a stern talking to from Dorsey and Hue- the incident got blown way out of proportion. 

Are you OK paying Bryant $10 million to be the #3? #4 if things go well. You're seriously guilty of name chasing , going by what Dez did 4 years ago.  Callaway showed enough against the Giants, he's the clear #1 with Josh not around. 

I said it once before, and I'll say it again- if Dorsey thought Bryant was still capable of playing at his former all-pro level, he'd already have been signed. Plus- you're totally ignoring reports Bryant isn't exactly a positive locker room presence. So care to explain why the Cowboys dumped Bryant- with nothing behind him at wr? 

There's other FA options out there at wr that are around as good, won't cost nearly as much, and aren't the pain in the a$$ Dez will be. Seriously, you're starting to sound like as big a Dez fanboy that Po was when he had his man-crush on Saquon Barkley. 

2 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Lafell would not be a bad option either .   we need someone that is on the field and will require teams to account for.  Not wide receivers that will drop 75 % of balls.  

PS Bryant's catch rate last year was in the low 50s. I'm too lazy now to look up the exact numbers.  :)  

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll start worrying if Gordon still isn't here by the 25th. You think the Steelers are sweating it Le'veon Bel is sitting out the entire preseason pouting about his contract? That's when Bryant will get a phone call from the Browns. MHO? Callaway got a stern talking to from Dorsey and Hue- the incident got blown way out of proportion. 

Are you OK paying Bryant $10 million to be the #3? #4 if things go well. You're seriously guilty of name chasing , going by what Dez did 4 years ago.  Callaway showed enough against the Giants, he's the clear #1 with Josh not around. 

I said it once before, and I'll say it again- if Dorsey thought Bryant was still capable of playing at his former all-pro level, he'd already have been signed. Plus- you're totally ignoring reports Bryant isn't exactly a positive locker room presence. So care to explain why the Cowboys dumped Bryant- with nothing behind him at wr? 

There's other FA options out there at wr that are around as good, won't cost nearly as much, and aren't the pain in the a$$ Dez will be. Seriously, you're starting to sound like as big a Dez fanboy that Po was when he had his man-crush on Saquon Barkley. 

It's not four years ago that we need to look at for Dez. Last season he put up 800 yards and 6 touchdowns. You know who on the Browns put up those kinds of numbers last year? Neither do I.

I don't care about the specificity of Bryant. I just want an option of a reliable pass-catcher with Jarvis Landry. One who has a history of production and who we  can reasonably count on to be on the field (unlike Josh Gordon). If that's Bryant? Cool. If it's some other a**hole? Right on.

And if 600 yards and 4 TDs becomes our fourth option at WR that means both that everything has gone according to plan and that we have at least four better options at WR than we had all last season. I don't see the harm in that.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

PS Bryant's catch rate last year was in the low 50s. I'm too lazy now to look up the exact numbers.  :)  

Dez's catch rate was 53-55% battling foot than knee. QB CPR was above 60 up to 63%..what shocks me, is Landry would bless this move first,Now Tyrod..these two(plus) are only thinking about winning,as they should. Let's say somehow we get to 5-2 a game out in division with Gordon? Callaway? Neither guy TT/juice, should trust either one of them? Am not big on Dez right now,but am not heating up about Janis, Ratley & Higgins either..Dez vs the dumpster diving of roster cuts? Dorsey should want to take a 👀.. fold at 8.5M 

On 8/12/2018 at 6:23 AM, darren15 said:

Speaking of receivers that drop balls isn't Greg Little available :)

There is a different Greg Little playing WR. Poor kid...

I think I'd honestly prefer TO to Dez... but there are going to be a lot of options hitting the waiver wire in the next few weeks that I'd likely prefer over either. And remember... we are first in the waiver wire line again.

Higgins was looking great at training camp yesterday as was Callaway. We need to carefully weigh who we bring in. I want someone that could contribute yet would be ok if they are 4th fiddle. If Gordon, Landry, Callaway and Higgins are available we need to insure they get all of the reps. 

Archived