THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway Cited for Marijuana Possession

Comeonman

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I thought you had no room for people whom you felt lacked character?

Come now, you are a JUDGE and you can't discern issues better than THAT? Not even LOL-able. Given his rap sheet, I would never have drafted him. I remember Jerimiah Pharms, 4th rounder.The Browns didn't do their homework at all.

Pharms, however, didn't have mentors in the NFL. Sometimes, character can be accrued, like forging hardness of steel.

I trust Dorsey and co did serious research and interviews about this kid. They took a chance - it isn't so bad to lose out on taking a chance in the fourth round.

But the first round? hell no. second? hell no. Third? hell no.

About Pharms

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/key-uw-linebacker-played-entire-season-after-his-bloody-print-was-tied-to-shooting/

Calloway never murdered anybody. Ran with a rough crowd, had credit card fraud issues with the group.

False accusation of rape. You are a freaking judge? Come on, man. I can see taking a chance on a kid who made mistakes,

but is past them, at least late as the 4th round. But it's sticking your neck out. Butch Davis and co took a far, far bigger, far more stupid chance.

Calloway has people in the NFL who believe in who he is. etc etc. He had been slated by some to have gone in the second round - one, to the ratbirds.

giving this kid a chance has some merit - I wouldn't have taken the chance myself. But good luck to Calloway.

47 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Come now, you are a JUDGE and you can't discern issues better than THAT? Not even LOL-able. Given his rap sheet, I would never have drafted him. I remember Jerimiah Pharms, 4th rounder.The Browns didn't do their homework at all.

Pharms, however, didn't have mentors in the NFL. Sometimes, character can be accrued, like forging hardness of steel.

I trust Dorsey and co did serious research and interviews about this kid. They took a chance - it isn't so bad to lose out on taking a chance in the fourth round.

About Pharms

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/key-uw-linebacker-played-entire-season-after-his-bloody-print-was-tied-to-shooting/

Calloway never murdered anybody. Ran with a rough crowd, had credit card fraud issues with the group.

False accusation of rape. You are a freaking judge? Come on, man. I can see taking a chance on a kid who made mistakes,

but is past them, at least late as the 4th round. But it's sticking your neck out. Butch Davis and co took a far, far bigger, far more stupid chance.

Calloway has people in the NFL who believe in who he is. etc etc. He had been slated by some to have gone in the second round - one, to the ratbirds.

giving this kid a chance has some merit - I wouldn't have taken the chance myself. But good luck to Calloway.

It has nothing to do with me...or what I do for a living.  It has to do with you.  You wanted nothing to do with a particular player who had NONE of the history that Calloway had......yet you are willing to give a chance to this guy who has more Red Flags than May Day in Moscow?  Is it all about where they were drafted?

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It has nothing to do with me...or what I do for a living.  It has to do with you.  You wanted nothing to do with a particular player who had NONE of the history that Calloway had......yet you are willing to give a chance to this guy who has more Red Flags than May Day in Moscow?  Is it all about where they were drafted?

who are you talking about? my guess is, rosen. he has personality issues. was outraged that he didn't get drafted earlier, after saying

he would rather get drafted later to the right team. Seriously? He dropped the fbomb when he was drafted, he was so po'd.

Then, the video I saw, also showed him getting bleeped when he went up and met the commish. He was barely a top ten pick.

Can you tell the difference between a top ten pick and a fourth round pick? apparently not. His flags, as I already showed you, are not the devastating kind. He was innocent of the rape allegation. No charges filed. If you don't get that, shame on you.

Stop whining over rosen. He's old news. (did you know Josh Allen was drafted well ahead of him?)LOL

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Josh Allen's Twitter fans approve of the previous statement. 

Guys in polo shirts with tiki torches?

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Guys in polo shirts with...

... what looks to be a flux capacitor logo on them.

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Just saw on the local news - they were talking about Calloway - they mentioned he is being mentored by

other players in the league, most notably, Antonio Brown. Mayfield grinned when asked about him, and he said

"he's fast, he's very, very fast". Calloway is very soft spoken, but when they talked to him, and asked how he felt

about Dorsey taking a chance on him in the fourth round, he had a serious look in his eyes and flatly said "I won't let him down".

He also said Brown and others have told him he has way too much talent to waste it. I think this kid really believes it, and is really on the level.

I'm with you Cal. Let's believe in this kid instead of expecting the worse. He seems humble and ready for the challenge. What's to lose  .... a 4th round pick? We've got a lot more invested in the three guys ahead of him on the depth chart, pressure is on them ... You hear me Corey Coleman?

Zombo

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

who are you talking about? my guess is, rosen. he has personality issues. was outraged that he didn't get drafted earlier, after saying

he would rather get drafted later to the right team. Seriously? He dropped the fbomb when he was drafted, he was so po'd.

Then, the video I saw, also showed him getting bleeped when he went up and met the commish. He was barely a top ten pick.

Can you tell the difference between a top ten pick and a fourth round pick? apparently not. His flags, as I already showed you, are not the devastating kind. He was innocent of the rape allegation. No charges filed. If you don't get that, shame on you.

Stop whining over rosen. He's old news. (did you know Josh Allen was drafted well ahead of him?)LOL

I never cared about Rosen.  Or Allen. In terms of where they were taken in the draft.  What I see is you being hypocritical.    You hold it against one player because you perceive certain character issues.....yet you are willing to forgive and forget another player who had actual, objective determinable character issues.  Theft, drug use, assault allegations  etc. 

Now, I AM perfectly willing to give the drug user, thief, batterer a chance....and hope he cleans up his act.   I am  pretty certain, however, that your hypocrisy will continue where Rosen is concerned.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I never cared about Rosen.  Or Allen. In terms of where they were taken in the draft.  What I see is you being hypocritical.    You hold it against one player because you perceive certain character issues.....yet you are willing to forgive and forget another player who had actual, objective determinable character issues.  Theft, drug use, assault allegations  etc. 

Now, I AM perfectly willing to give the drug user, thief, batterer a chance....and hope he cleans up his act.   I am  pretty certain, however, that your hypocrisy will continue where Rosen is concerned.

That's stupid. You don't draft red flags in the first three rounds. Get clue - rosen went in the top ten, you fool. I don't like rosen for who he IS. Calloway - who IS he? don't know. He's messed up in his life, but no murder, etc.

I don't hate everybody who ever made mistakes - I wouldn't have drafted rosen in the first three rounds. Maybe I might have drafted him in the fourth round if he was there. I wouldn't have drafted Calloway, except I trust Dorsey and co did their homework bigtime.

We'll see. There, I said it again, bigmouth. And I don't see how you can be an effective judge but you can't understand simple explanations.

Here, I'll repost it again just to help you out, got short term memory problem?

That's stupid. You don't draft red flags in the first three rounds. Get clue - rosen went in the top ten, you fool. I don't like rosen for who he IS. Calloway - who IS he? don't know. He's messed up in his life, but no murder, etc.

I don't hate everybody who ever made mistakes - I wouldn't have drafted rosen in the first three rounds. Maybe I might have drafted him in the fourth round if he was there. I wouldn't have drafted Calloway, except I trust Dorsey and co did their homework bigtime.

We'll see. There, I said it again, bigmouth. And I don't see how you can be an effective judge but you can't understand simple explanations.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Here, I'll repost it again just to help you out, got short term memory problem?

I understand your explanation.   Always did.  It is still fraught with hypocrisy.  You are the one with the least insight into your own motivations. (either that or you wish to obscure them).  

And it is actually why I am a very good judge. My experience and insight into human nature is paramount.  And I can pretty much see into your nature.

Because, you see.....Rosen had NO "red flags" of the nature that Calloway has.  No thefts, no drugs, no assault allegations....nothing, whatsoever.  Other than the fact that you did not like his personality. Pure and simple. Your motivations are venal.

I also have to trust Dorsey.  He did not want Rosen for football reasons....or, rather, he wanted Mayfield for football reasons over Rosen.  Which is different from your approach.  His was a positive choice to take Mayfield, not a negative choice to  not take someone else. 

On 5/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, calfoxwc said:

About Pharms

Thanks for the link Cal. Wow, was that a failure to do any research on Pharms, and Nueheisel didn't have a clue what was going on under his nose.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:05 AM, The Gipper said:

Probably not a typo.   Ous is what people from the Pacific Island call themselves  (Hawaiians, Polynesians, Samoans, Tongans etc.).  Maybe this poster if of that descent.

Nope. Straight up honky here.

Glad to be here (I think). Looking forward to crying, bitching, whining, etc for months to come with you all.

I'm pumped to see Jackson play.  There is plenty of film footage from 2017 showing him staying in the pocket to throw when he had a wide open field to run. 

He is such a great athlete. I'd say the odds of him figuring it out are very good. 

3 hours ago, Tacosman said:

all this "dorsey did his homework" here stuff is ludicrous.

If Dorsey *did* do his HW, he certainly found out hes a bad apple.  

Im not losing sleep over a 4th round pick I would rather just not bring people lie that into the org

The "homework" part is risk\reward. I can posit Gordon with his baggage as a second round pick was far more risky than Callaway in the 4th. Ravens fans think Ray Lewis is some sort of hero when he saw two guys get killed and couldn't remember what happened. 

Since I don't log in at Cleveland.com I'll give you my thought on Callaway's ink job. How's a 'po guy from the ghetto afford all that ink? Easy, just use those stolen credit cards to pay for it.  :D  

It is somewhat remarkable that a fanbase who has watched their team win 1 game in two seasons can be so cavalier with a 4th round pick. :lol:

If Callaway had robbed someone while wearing an "IMPEACH TRUMP" shirt on, cal would have burnt the Browns HQ down. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It is somewhat remarkable that a fanbase who has watched their team win 1 game in two seasons can be so cavalier with a 4th round pick. :lol:

If Callaway had robbed someone while wearing an "IMPEACH TRUMP" shirt on, cal would have burnt the Browns HQ down. 

He would not have needed to have robbed anyone...just worn the shirt for Cal to have that reaction.

4th round < 3rd round < 2nd round < 1st round. I think you aren't smart enough to really be a judge, gip. Got any

boring trivia? that is about all your "opinions"s are good for. Rosen was passed by some bigtime top teams.

Of the top four, he was last. Rosen is lucky he didn't fall to the squealers - lucky for the squealers he didn't.

Calloway, deservedly so, was passed by all the team for three rounds. I hope the Browns are right - that he is worth

taking a risk on in the fourth round.

See, the first round comes first, since you don't get it. Then comes the second round. Then comes the third round.

Now, what round comes after the third round? Odds are you can't answer that one. and you're a JUDGE? 

16 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

4th round < 3rd round < 2nd round < 1st round. I think you aren't smart enough to really be a judge, gip.

I think you have no clue what it takes to be either smart or be a judge.  You are a tomato farmer.  Just stick to what your intellect levels is suited for:  spreading manure.

Got any

boring trivia? that is about all your "opinions"s are good for.

Your reply tells me that you are not smart enough or informed enough or know shite from shinola about football history...and that anything such as that that is above your intellect level is "boring".

You wallow in what  Isaac Asimov called "The Cult of Ignorance".     To quote him precisedly:  

The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignoranceis just as good as your knowledge.” 

B.  Further...the trivia is not opinion...they are facts.  The cult of ignorance that you follow disallows you from being  smart enough to know the difference.

Rosen was passed by some bigtime top teams.

Who really gives a shite...other than you?  With your unreasonable hatred of him.

Of the top four, he was last. Rosen is lucky he didn't fall to the squealers - lucky for the squealers he didn't.

Who really gives a shite....other than you? If he sucks as bad as you think he does...then you should have wanted him to go to the Steelers.

Calloway, deservedly so, was passed by all the team for three rounds. I hope the Browns are right - that he is worth

taking a risk on in the fourth round.

See, the first round comes first, since you don't get it. Then comes the second round. Then comes the third round.

Now, what round comes after the third round? Odds are you can't answer that one. and you're a JUDGE? 

What is your fuycking point?  He was a 4th round risky choice? Who does not know that?

Or, are you trying to tell us that you would have welcomed taking a risk on Rosen if he had been there in the 4th round?   And that you would have overlooked all your irrational hate for him? 

Back to Callaway this article talks about how sneaky good the Browns picks were at WR. Jeremiah liked the Damion Ratley pick, especially that late in the draft.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Damion-Ratley-Antonio-Callaway-named-Browns-sneaky-good-NFL-Draft-picks-118124925

Archived