THE BROWNS BOARD

IT'S GAME DAY!!

TexasAg1969

Time for the Browns to show us something worth watching as the new season gets going. Forget about 1-31 and show us what real football looks like. 

KO 7pm Eastern  6pm Central   NFL Network Direct TV Ch. 212.

Go Browns!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will anyone be discouraged if we lose all 4 Pre-Season games?

For me I will be looking at the score up till the 1st team leaves the field. If we are winning then or have very good numbers, I will be very happy.. But I know how the press is and if we go 0-4 in the pre-season it will be all "HERE WE GO AGAIN"...

BobPound!

32 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

Will anyone be discouraged if we lose all 4 Pre-Season games?

For me I will be looking at the score up till the 1st team leaves the field. If we are winning then or have very good numbers, I will be very happy.. But I know how the press is and if we go 0-4 in the pre-season it will be all "HERE WE GO AGAIN"...

BobPound!

I dont see how losing them is bad.  We won all 4 prior to a 0fer season.

Lose them all...change the culture!!

11 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

I dont see how losing them is bad.  We won all 4 prior to a 0fer season.

Lose them all...change the culture!!

Honestly, winning/losing any one than the 3rd game doesn't show too much. However, I tend to believe it's not a good sign to win em all because it often means the team is playing their 1's/2's against another team's 3rd/4th string. Great teams play their established starters very sparingly, as we know.

Man I hope they simply pass my eye test early on in the game...... after that, I hope to see some glimpses of what a few players might be.  

I think I will only see the highlights of preseason games for 2 reasons:

1. I won't be able to watch them (travels, and stuff), or I don't want to lose any sleep (very late night game time).

2. I prefer to not get ANY enthusiasm. I was pumped up last season after 4-0 in preseason and it went downhill from then on.

YES ! GAME DAY !

I'm pickin more lbs of blackberries, going to start making some jam, pancake syrup, try fruit rollups...

and make some green tomato/Jimmy Dean sage sausage/sweet banana pepper "sloppy joe".

Or...maybe....I'll just make several BLT's for the game. I'm fine with losing every preseason game if that is what happens...

because the NFL won't know what hit em when the regular season starts.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

YES ! GAME DAY !

I'm pickin more lbs of blackberries, going to start making some jam...........................

Ok I'm sold. I'm gonna have you pack me up a couple of jars of that and send me a bill with if including the postage. Send me a PM when you have some for me. I can't pass that up cal. I love blackberry jam. 😍Have to play extra racquetball to indulge in it.🤩

I'll be watching on NFL network, but I live here in philly, and my girlfriend is a big Eagles fan, and they play the Steelers tonight, so I guess its going to be a flip flop back and forth for both games. I'll wear my throwback white #57 Clay Matthews jersey.

I've always put absolutely zero stock in preseason wins and losses (as last year proved out) but I enjoy the games. First time to see the new players together. First time to see the rookies in action. Vanilla schemes, "winning" is getting out of the game relatively injury free, here is what I'll look for:

1. Leftside of our offensive line. How is Bito looking as a LT, how is Corbett fitting in?

2. Baker Mayfield. First time to see our future franchise QB under the lights. I think we all have learned to curb our enthusiasm since Tim Couch's debut against the Cowboys in 99, as each succeeding rookie QB has become an even bigger disappointment. If this is the guy to break the streak, then I don't wanna miss a snap.

3. Garrett/Ogbah. I'd love to see these two healthy and together in a quarter against the Giants 1's and see what kind of pressure they can produce.

4. Nick Chubb. Running back is the one position that the average fan can tell right away if someone "has it", one crackling 16 yard gain over the right side and I'll be happy.

5. Defensive backfield. What's going on back there? Who's starting? Why? Who's shining? How many are we going to field at a time (Some teams are playing a 3-1-7)? Not a lot of press coverage on this overhauled group so far, so I guess I want to see it for myself. 

Bonus: New kickoff rule ... Do we need three guys that can catch the ball back there now? Wanna see how this is going to work out.

Zombo

can't be the only one here...so, i lost mom to her long hard battle with leukemia back in march 2012..add a brother,no wonder Hue has this lost blank look on his face with media at camp..Frankly, I don't care if your with the 1's,2's,3's nor 4's, but at least play your a$$ off & hand a game ball to your head coach before he's going back home 🙏...lord knows, he's earned at least your best effort..

pinch me..hot damm it's 🏈 season.. bless'em 

9 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I am excited as hell while being thoroughly prepared to be pissed or depressed about something by halftime LOL. The manic life of a Browns fan 

Same exact thing here! 

12 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I’m just gonna call it though. Baker Mayfield is going to light it up tonight on a national stage. The shits going to be electrifying. 

He is getting about two quarters.

Saquan Barkley starts. Time to see actual on field play from much ballyhooed 2018 draft.

Z

Archived