THE BROWNS BOARD

IT'S GAME DAY!!

TexasAg1969

On 8/9/2018 at 9:09 AM, BobPOUND! said:

Will anyone be discouraged if we lose all 4 Pre-Season games?

On 8/9/2018 at 4:28 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Time to defend our preseason title. GO BROWNS!

ED201F31-A59E-43D7-931B-5F6F9D96174A.png

Ha!..One win in the books..Next up, 2 at Home..Bills-McKaren,Peterman,Allen///Philly-Wentz(maybe,but it is PS game 3),Foles,Sudfeld,Mighty Joe Callahan//..Finish At Lions-Stafford(any chance he even plays?),Matt Cassel,Jake Rudock...That dubie us(opps-dubious) title still may sit in Cleveland!! bless'em

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen the game yet.

From youtube of Baker's plays:

1)  Chubb did a great job of blitz pickup throughout the video.

2)  Mayfield seems to move around in the pocket very instinctively.

3)  Who was #83?   He ran away from the defense....he's pretty fast.....

4)  Callaway put a REALLY quick move on the defender as he was taking off on his TD run-after-catch.  It's possible that he's quite gifted....although not gifted with good 'off the field' sense.  

9 hours ago, Orion said:

3)  Who was #83?   He ran away from the defense....he's pretty fast.....  

That's TE Jesus;) Devon Cajuste from Stanford. biggest hands when drafted 10 3/4"..runs a 4.56 40

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Could not find that number used on the current roster either side of the ball.

check your racket ball racket for holes🤣

Next game is Buffalo @ Cleveland Friday Aug 17 7:30 PM ET on NFL Network Ch. 212 Direct TV.

I hope Coleman drops everything thrown his way. 😁

BTW Garrett was not offside on that play. Watched it on replay just now.

30 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

timed perfectly when ball moved. "in the zone" has no factor, only when it's called..and those call suck, cause side judge only see's player, not the ball start snap..,moving on to second half now, and It seems Shon Coleman should back-up Hubbard at RT, but man Greg Robinson plays with absolutely no fire at LT. Shon must look Real' bad at LT? Bring on Harrison for a looksie  

I thought the same "live" and in replay...

... but the Giants' broadcast crew assured me I was wrong.

22 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

He was still lined up 20 yards off the ball. He came down close to the line once or twice and made a play on a run in one of those instances. I hope we move him closer to in the box but we shall see.

It's early yet. I think it'll take a while for Williams to come off of this "safety first" alignment, but if the 2ndary comes together he will.

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Next game is Buffalo @ Cleveland Friday Aug 17 7:30 PM ET on NFL Network Ch. 212 Direct TV.

I hope Coleman drops everything thrown his way. 😁

Can't get enough, so am watching replay on nflnetwork again..#71 DT Zaycoven Henderson from A&M..in the program they got him listed at 6'1 "298lbs". am seeing 310lbs. at least of grown $ss man..what you got on this guy? 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Can't get enough, so am watching replay on nflnetwork again..#71 DT Zaycoven Henderson from A&M..in the program they got him listed at 6'1 "298lbs". am seeing 310lbs. at least of grown $ss man..what you got on this guy? 

Pretty stout against the run in the middle. Similar to the now departed Shelton. Fireplug build. Hope he makes the team, but it will be tough. He has played next to Garrett though, so there's that going for him. They are used to stunting together when it's called. That also helps.

Watched the game earlier this eve.

Chubb looked good.  He seemed to know where to go to pick up a blitzer....and actually BLOCK said blitzer.  That's quite important in a passing league.  He couldn't run the ball...but NO Browns RB could run the ball.  The fatasses couldn't move the defense.  Somebody said he looked slow.  I wish there was just ONE opportunity to see if he 'could' be fast.  (had a nice little catch and run for about 8 or 9 yards)

Ward's penalty  -  His man was open and he should've caught the ball that was thrown right in his hands.  He dropped it like Coleman in our last offensive play last year.  THEN Ward whacks him (which I thought could've been a late hit, or leading with the crown).  Of course, he proceeds to talk trash to the receiver instead of thanking him for dropping the ball.  -  I'm reminded of the Tea Party scene in Hard Knocks where Ward was clearly not paying attention to ongoing instruction.  -  There was also a running play that he could've made the stop on.....instead he dove at the runner's ankles and missed.

TE #83 made a nice run after catch.....but he also made a halfassed block in pass protection.  

Tyrod did a nice job.  He's the starter.  Hopefully the media restrains from suggesting that Baker could be the starter come game #1.

Having said that, we've seen PLENTY of rookie QB's play their first NFL snaps in preseason....not a single one of 'em looked nearly as prepared for what was happening around him as Baker.  He wasn't perfect....but he was pretty darned savvy out there.  -  It's only one preseason game, with and against #2's, then 3's, 4's, etc.

Landry acted like the rookie Ward out there.  He wants to yell at his fellow receivers during film study?  He wants to be a leader?  Prove you're a leader All The Way Back To The Huddle.  

On 8/10/2018 at 12:47 AM, hoorta said:

Problem is\was NFLN and Direct thought one of the local channels were going to pick up the Browns preseason games (they did last year). That didn't happen. I was pissed beyond belief....   I bumped it up to high level tech support- Direct even had the later Cowboys-49ers game blocked on NFLN. I politely asked them how in the hell was that an in-market game in SW Ohio? Fix the problem now- goobers.  

I'm in the Dayton area:  I was using fuboTV and they did not show any NFL games on the NFL network through Sat. even replays! I just got this everytime: "Out of Bounds".

I called them (was hung up on). Had chats with them, the chat guy kept saying it was the NFL Network not them, then why is it working on Spectrum and Dish in my area then? He just kept repeating it's the NFL Network and not them. And to contact Roku because I had the 30 day trial through them.  What the H is Roku going to do?  [ I hate TW/Spectrum but I'm finding out that these streaming providers are just as bad.  ZERO customer service! ]

Also for those in the Dayton area we now have no radio coverage at all! I tried internet radio in Cleveland, Columbus & even New York with NO success.  Anybody know a internet radio station that streams live Browns games?

2 hours ago, FALCON7 said:

I'm in the Dayton area:  I was using fuboTV and they did not show any NFL games on the NFL network through Sat. even replays! I just got this everytime: "Out of Bounds".

I called them (was hung up on). Had chats with them, the chat guy kept saying it was the NFL Network not them, then why is it working on Spectrum and Dish in my area then? He just kept repeating it's the NFL Network and not them. And to contact Roku because I had the 30 day trial through them.  What the H is Roku going to do?  [ I hate TW/Spectrum but I'm finding out that these streaming providers are just as bad.  ZERO customer service! ]

Also for those in the Dayton area we now have no radio coverage at all! I tried internet radio in Cleveland, Columbus & even New York with NO success.  Anybody know a internet radio station that streams live Browns games?

Yup- I went through 3 clueless wonders from Direct's tech support until I got the same answer from a guy who (apparently) knew what was going on. Not sure I believe it was NFLN being that dumb. Why was the Cowboy's game later that evening blacked out, no reason there. I hope that considering the number of complaints Direct got last Thursday and Friday- they'd kick it up to a high enough level of tech support to contact NFLN directly to let them know they had a plethora of honked off Browns fans in Dayton.  I doubt that will happen though- AT&T is so big, they really don't give a crap about non-corporate accounts. For sure, if it wasn't for Sunday Ticket  I'd probably switch to Spectrum. Since AT&T took over Direct, it's been nothing short of ruination of a very good company. Couple examples- they won't upgrade my dish (which is bolted with 4" lag screws into the corner framing studs of my house) because it's over vinyl. We'd rather put it on your roof into 5\8" OSB. I almost upgraded to 4K, until I heard their (produced by ATT) latest and greatest Genie 2 receiver is a piece of junk that installers hate. 

OK- rant over...   Do you have the I Heart radio app?  I installed it a couple weeks ago to get WING and WHIO.  It should let you stream one of the Browns stations, including the flagship WKNR. (here's the list) Good luck, and GO BROWNS!!!

AKRON
WAKR - 1590 AM
WONE - 97.5 FM

CANTON
WHBC - 94.1 FM/1480 AM

CLEVELAND
WKNR - 850 AM
WKRK - 92.3 FM
WNCX - 98.5 FM

COLUMBUS
WTOH - 98.9 FM

ERIE (PA)
WRIE - 1260 AM

FOSTORIA
WFOB - 1430 AM

GENEVA
WKKY - 104.7 FM

MANSFIELD
WRGM - 97.3 FM/1440 AM

UHRICHSVILLE
WBTC - 1540 AM/101.9 FM

6 hours ago, FALCON7 said:

Dang, l didn’t realize Dayton ixnayed their radio coverage. That’s new as of this year.

I did find an app called Tunein Radio that seems to advertise it will carry NFL games. I downloaded it but haven’t tried it yet.

15 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Dang, l didn’t realize Dayton ixnayed their radio coverage. That’s new as of this year.

I did find an app called Tunein Radio that seems to advertise it will carry NFL games. I downloaded it but haven’t tried it yet.

Yeah, it's gonna suck not having any of the pre & post game chatter, plus the call-in from fans afterwards.  

On a plus note, setting up my DVR for Friday's game (which I'll be at, and see for sure- in person :) ) it looks like WHIO in Dayton will be broadcasting the game. I can excuse NFLN this time for blacking out the game- 'cause that's what's supposed to happen if the game is available on an over the air station.   

PS- for you Dayton guys who don't know already- I have season tickets, 20 yard line section 111, row 9. I don't go to every game,  try to sell some of the games. If you're interested PM me. Face value, $95. As of now, everything is available except the Steelers and Jets games.   

I'm a bit confused I thought this was the list.....

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Cleveland_Browns_Radio_Network.html

.......oh edit add, I like to grab a small radio when the BROWNS are blacked out in our Armstrong Cable area when the steelrz play at the same time in the Youngstown area, I hate that!

Station list

Callsign Frequency Band City State Network status
WKNR 850 AM Cleveland Ohio Flagship
WKRK-FM 92.3 FM Cleveland Ohio Flagship
WNCX 98.5 FM Cleveland Ohio Flagship
WAKR 1590 AM Akron Ohio Affiliate
WONE-FM 97.5 FM Akron Ohio Affiliate
WFUN 970 AM Ashtabula Ohio Affiliate
WHBC 1480 AM Canton Ohio Affiliate
WHBC-FM 94.1 FM Canton Ohio Affiliate
WKKI 94.3 FM Celina Ohio Affiliate
WTOH 98.9 FM Columbus Ohio Affiliate
WHIO 1290 AM Dayton Ohio Affiliate
WHIO-FM 95.7 FM Dayton Ohio Affiliate
WJER 1450 AM Dover-New Philadelphia Ohio Affiliate
WRIE 1260 AM Erie Pennsylvania Affiliate
WFOB 1430 AM Fostoria Ohio Affiliate
WKTN 95.3 FM Kenton Ohio Affiliate
WWSR 93.1 FM Lima Ohio Affiliate
WRGM 1440 AM Mansfield Ohio Affiliate
W247BL 97.3 FM Mansfield Ohio n/a (simulcasts WRGM)
WJAW-FM 100.9 FM Marietta Ohio Affiliate
WPFX-FM 107.7 FM Toledo Ohio Affiliate
WBTC 1540 AM Uhrichsville Ohio Affiliate
WKKX 1600 AM Wheeling West Virginia Affiliate
WQKT 104.5 FM Wooster Ohio Affiliate
WBBW 1240 AM Youngstown Ohio Affiliate
WYFM 102.9 FM Youngstown Ohio Affiliate

18 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Internet radio MAY not be the answer, due to licensing rules with the NFL. Yes internet radio is also subject to "Blackouts".  

37 minutes ago, FALCON7 said:

Internet radio MAY not be the answer, due to licensing rules with the NFL. Yes internet radio is also subject to "Blackouts".  

I think you’re right, but l did have some luck last year finding some website that linked various radio feeds to stations that have the Browns game feed (and other NFL team radio feeds) and had some luck listening on my phone. Sometimes the signal was faint, but it beat nothing. I seem to have misplaced the site though. Argh.

Oh, and it was a trial and error thing. Most links did not work, but there was one or 2 that did.

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm a bit confused I thought this was the list.....

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Cleveland_Browns_Radio_Network.html

.......oh edit add, I like to grab a small radio when the BROWNS are blacked out in our Armstrong Cable area when the steelrz play at the same time in the Youngstown area, I hate that!

Station list

Callsign Frequency Band City State Network status
WFUN 970 AM Ashtabula Ohio Affiliate
WKKI 94.3 FM Celina Ohio Affiliate
WHIO 1290 AM Dayton Ohio Affiliate
WHIO-FM 95.7 FM Dayton Ohio Affiliate
WJER 1450 AM Dover-New Philadelphia Ohio Affiliate
WKTN 95.3 FM Kenton Ohio Affiliate
WWSR 93.1 FM Lima Ohio Affiliate
W247BL 97.3 FM Mansfield Ohio n/a (simulcasts WRGM)
WJAW-FM 100.9 FM Marietta Ohio Affiliate
WPFX-FM 107.7 FM Toledo Ohio Affiliate
WKKX 1600 AM Wheeling West Virginia Affiliate
WQKT 104.5 FM Wooster Ohio Affiliate
WBBW 1240 AM Youngstown Ohio Affiliate
WYFM 102.9 FM Youngstown Ohio Affiliate

^ I think that's from last year? 

(Below) Network stations as of the 2018 Browns season:  (A lot less) Of course I don't know if this is correct...? 

WKKY 104.7 FM Geneva Ohio Affiliate
W247BL 97.3 FM Mansfield Ohio n/a (WRGM simulcast)
W270CI 101.9 FM Uhrichsville Ohio n/a (WBTC simulcast)

Regarding Falcon's and mjp's posts, pretty sure the smaller list is correct & current. Willing to bet a lot of stations dropped the Browns after two abysmal seasons due to poor ratings. 

I'll try adding WKNR to I Heart, and let you guys know how it goes.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:32 PM, hoorta said:

Regarding Falcon's and mjp's posts, pretty sure the smaller list is correct & current. Willing to bet a lot of stations dropped the Browns after two abysmal seasons due to poor ratings. 

I'll try adding WKNR to I Heart, and let you guys know how it goes.

I failed regarding I- Heart,  only has limited options for each city. Struck out right down the line for every radio affiliate. But there is good news.  :)  You can get the live stream from WKNR Here:     http://www.espn.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wknr-am

Archived