THE BROWNS BOARD

To dez, or not to dez

Babernakle

What the dez has dealt with or overcome might be quite admirable but is it enough to make a good sound business decision to bring him onboard.

Again I'll defer to the new BROWNS brain trust and their inside information or just gut feel to make that call.

13 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

What the dez has dealt with or overcome might be quite admirable but is it enough to make a good sound business decision to bring him onboard.

Again I'll defer to the new BROWNS brain trust and their inside information or just gut feel to make that call.

Me too. I just listed some reasons why I could understand why there's still some intrigue and temptation despite my first of thought of Hell no!    Hopefully they made sense.

17 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Me too. I just listed some reasons why I could understand why there's still some intrigue and temptation despite my first of thought of Hell no!    Hopefully they made sense.

Because Gordon and Callaway on the roster isn't enough potential for drama? 

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Jags will be callin him. 

☎️ Tom Coughlin held for you 2 hours ago,says was late for a meeting and left me a message..Say's you owe him a case of depends manpads at your post time & do you still have the key to lock him under the stadium if needed? 📞 please return his call at 888-WhosDez.. 

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Because Gordon and Callaway on the roster isn't enough potential for drama? 

It's not exactly breaking news that the NFL is full of drama queens that play WR outside of Cleveland. So, if one or both get suspended again like they've been every season in the last 3 years, you're completely cozy with just Landry and Higgins with total confidence neither guy will miss time to injury?  I'm not. 

It isn't like we're coming off playoff football stacked up with depth in the WR Corps. That position group took a longer nap than Rip Van Winkle.  We're still an injury or 2 away from the same ole "UH-OH" we've been looking at. Dez is still only 29 years old and if he's facing 2nd or 3rd corners - he has the experience to be helpful. As bad as his last season was in Dallas, it was 69 rec for 838 yards and 6 TDs.  When is the last time we had a WR here give us as many as 6 TD receptions in 1 year?  And that's a season he wants to forget facing #1 corners.   He won't have to do that here.  I'd rather get this guy with an agenda to prove he still has some good football left in him.  The alternative is inexperience and growing pains UNLESS Jeff Janis is quietly lighting it up for something other than a STs role.

Last but not least, Dorsey isn't a pussy.  If Dez shows up causing problems - he'll get Dorsey-Dough'd on outta here before you can even give me my told ya so.

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

☎️ Tom Coughlin held for you 2 hours ago,says was late for a meeting and left me a message..Say's you owe him a case of depends manpads at your post time & do you still have the key to lock him under the stadium if needed? 📞 please return his call at 888-WhosDez.. 

Im usually pretty astute...I either had a stroke or hit my head and now speak french.  Can anyone explain wth this even means?

"And these are the Days of our Lives."

.......but I actually prefer the Young & the Restless for good soap opera entertainment, seriously I've been watching it for about 40 years.

But now there is HARD KNOCKS, CLEVELAND BROWNS style. Is this a great country or what!

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

Im usually pretty astute...I either had a stroke or hit my head and now speak french.  Can anyone explain wth this even means?

Ok,maybe my Sunday Bloody Mary levels were to high;). I'll talk a level just above your ears..Tom Coughlin is a advisor to the GM in Jacksonville..The x- iron fist of coaching the NYG's says your late if your not 10 mins. early for a meeting...I see no way Cough!lin will advise any GM to bring in Dez..  I'll be here all week 🤓 

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Ok,maybe my Sunday Bloody Mary levels were to high;). I'll talk a level just above your ears..Tom Coughlin is a advisor to the GM in Jacksonville..The x- iron fist of coaching the NYG's says your late if your not 10 mins. early for a meeting...I see no way Cough!lin will advise any GM to bring in Dez..  I'll be here all week 🤓 

I think the Dez drama is pretty much over. If we were going to sign him- it would have been done by now. 

Any Dez sightings in Florida now that the Jags need a WR?  Patriots short handed with Decker retiring.  

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

I think the Dez drama is pretty much over. If we were going to sign him- it would have been done by now. 

Any Dez sightings in Florida now that the Jags need a WR?  Patriots short handed with Decker retiring.  

not unless Dez was waiting for Madden crowd to clear out;)..have ya read or clicked on video near bottom? https://sports.yahoo.com/eric-decker-retires-camp-patriots-dez-bryant-opening-203559141.html  seems fair. I agree Dez gives teams 4 routes.Edelman is out 1st 4 games too. Am rooting for a local kid near Raleigh Braxton Berrios as Bills secret weapon. Players hate playing for Bill & Dez won't shut up 'ever' on his social media.Big no-no for BB. Not sure Dez could help Brady till maybe week 5/6 now? C.Patterson/Hogan will for now. Looking around the league, Alex Smith at Skins is screwed with his WR crew..That also fits where Dez wants to play,maybe not for Josh Norman's ego?..5M is better than that league minimum rate. Maybe Dorsey will be the next guy not returning calls   

10 minutes ago, footballfan said:

Dez is mis-playing his value and his timing is questionable.  There will be many more choices available after the cut down to the 53 man roster on September 1.   

That's pretty much what Terry Pluto wrote in his article, check it out. Plus these guys are still offered big bucks for still being unsigned. 

. Before Thursday's game, I was told by an NFL executive (not from the Browns) that the Browns offered Dez Bryant "a pretty good contract."Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reported it was "less than $5 million." My view is $5 million is plenty for a guy who is known for his attitude problems and still out of work with the season only a few weeks away.

6. Bryant hesitating to sign after spending nearly two days in Cleveland is a clear message: He doesn't want to play here. The last thing the Browns need is another Kenny Britt (recently cut by New England) or Dwayne Bowe, veteran receivers who signed here and immediately showed little interest in reviving their careers with the Browns.........

Archived