THE BROWNS BOARD

Kendricks insider trading?

LBC mike

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, syd said:

but didn't martha try to squirm her way out of it ? that was a while ago ?

I remember that era well, Martha was a real smart cookie with a great career which included being a model and a stockbroker among other things. That ImClone stock was a stupid small potatoes deal but the lying and attempted cover up got her in trouble. 

.......After a highly publicized six-week jury trial, Stewart was found guilty in March 2004 of felony charges of conspiracy, obstruction of an agency proceeding, and making false statements to federal investigators, and was sentenced in July 2004 to serve a five-month term in a federal correctional facility and a two-year period of supervised release (to include five months of electronic monitoring)....... in West Virginia yet, 

But she did recover and she can cook!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now this deal what an embarrassment to the NFL no murder, assult, drugs, smacking women around......insider trading? Are you kidding me? 

Oh well, that's one for the NFL record book, too stupid or maybe boring to even make the National Enquirer. :lol:

Grossi may have this right? Kendricks was a FA that made some team visits, with teams telling teams the truth.Philly had no reason to lie to any team.The truth story was not working with GM's..so he tried becoming the victim of the story when he got to Dorsey.. https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/5386  

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Ha 

Kind of refreshing to have an athlete busted for something other than dope weapons or beating the fuk out of his old lady.

WSS

We can't have nice things :D (by Novem--burr am booing these guys! 🤶🎅)

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/8/29/17798462/browns-release-lb-mychal-kendricks

Wow. The official statement from the Browns is a bit cryptic. Along the lines of “we thought we knew what we were getting into, then found out some other things, so screw this...”

I mean I believe Dorsey at face value on this. NFL players get duped on money all the time, and at the time of signing it seems apparent no one knew he was not more than a victim. I mean maybe I'm forgetting something, but when have you ever seen something like this? Of course it would happen to the Browns though haha.

Ultimately he was a good depth player but this isn't earth shattering news. I will be very interested to check the cuts though to see if we can't add that depth back somewhere.

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

End of story....Browns cut him last night.

Mike

So?  What does that tell us....such that Dorsey was not willing even to wait until there has been a sentencing recommendation?  That Dorsey view this "white collar crime" as serious as, say an offense of violence?    Or does it tell us that he just didn't see where this guy was any better than the several other LBs that he was competing against, and that his conviction here gave Dorsey an easy out an an easy way to do a necessary roster trim?

10 minutes ago, choco said:

if you read up on it Gip, Dorsey said in a more round about way that Kendricks and his agent mislead them on the severity of his involvement, and thats why he was released.

Well, OK, perhaps.   I still say that if he was a supreme talent, they would have waited, but since perhaps he did not distinguish himself all that much from the players he is competing with for a job, it made it a lot easier to axe him.   

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well, OK, perhaps.   I still say that if he was a supreme talent, they would have waited, but since perhaps he did not distinguish himself all that much from the players he is competing with for a job, it made it a lot easier to axe him.   

My first inclination as well......pro bowl prospect, ah, well let's not rush to judgement just yet.

BUT I do like the way the "new" new BROWNS are being run, a vast improvement over the post 1996 or 1999+ versions. 

2 hours ago, choco said:

this is the very telling portion....

capture4.png.0bcd98128dcb91215358cba6db5189a0.png

Dorsey was mislead. Big difference in "victim" and "active participant". If you read deeper, Mychal and the broker were talking in code. JD wanted no part of the repercussions. 

50 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Dorsey was mislead. Big difference in "victim" and "active participant". If you read deeper, Mychal and the broker were talking in code. JD wanted no part of the repercussions. 

And, again, his talent was not worth the wait.   Compare to Josh Gordon.  And, correct me if I am wrong, Josh never actually ever face a "criminal" charge for anything, did he?   Not even possession, ala Calloway.

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And, again, his talent was not worth the wait.   Compare to Josh Gordon.  And, correct me if I am wrong, Josh never actually ever face a "criminal" charge for anything, did he?   Not even possession, ala Calloway.

IIRC Gip, Josh did get busted for a DUI.  But that's 3 days of drunk school and a $500 fine at worst, as opposed to the potential of multiple years in the Federal Slammer.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

IIRC Gip, Josh did get busted for a DUI.  But that's 3 days of drunk school and a $500 fine at worst, as opposed to the potential of multiple years in the Federal Slammer.  

Don't forget the 6 month license suspension for the DUI,   plus the $475.00 reinstatement fees. Plus, there is what we call the "hard time" suspension...i.e. the time that you cannot have driving privileges.  (10 days for a blow,  30 for a refusal).  Plus whatever your insurance will do to you.  Plus attorney fees if you decide to hire one.  In Ohio, on a first time only it is not mandatory to have "party plates"...or do do the ignition interlock system....though....some courts/judges can require those even on a first time offense.  

So....getting a DUI can cost a lot of money....and be very, very inconvenient.

It is not an insubstantial penalty.   Getting popped for weed is much less of a detriment.   You have  max  $150.00 fine, plus the license suspension (which is really just  a F8ck you penalty set up by the legislature).

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

My first inclination as well......pro bowl prospect, ah, well let's not rush to judgement just yet.

BUT I do like the way the "new" new BROWNS are being run, a vast improvement over the post 1996 or 1999+ versions. 

Agree!

Mike

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

How much did he get?   I would think it highly possible that that would have to be returned.

500K signing bonus falls to dead cap or...

Estimated Career Earnings - hmmmmm,  I'm not sure how this all falls out but the 2018 regular season hasn't officially started yet. 

YEAR TEAM SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUCTURE BONUS OPTION BONUS INCENTIVE TOTAL CASH
2012 Player Cash Earnings $390,000 $1,672,324 - - - - - $2,062,324
2013 Player Cash Earnings $542,020 - - $50,000 - - - $592,020
2014 Player Cash Earnings $794,040 - - - - - - $794,040
2015 Player Cash Earnings $896,060 $8,000,000 - $100,000 - - $37,242 $9,033,302
2016 Player Cash Earnings $2,850,000 - - $150,000 - - - $3,000,000
2017 Player Cash Earnings $4,850,000 - - $150,000 - - - $5,000,000
6 seasons $10,322,120 $9,672,324 - $450,000 - - $37,242 $20,481,686
2018 Player Cash Earnings - $500,000 - - - - - $500,000
  $10,322,120 $10,172,324 - $450,000 - - $37,242 $20,981,686

Current Dead Contracts

YEAR   BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS WORKOUT BONUS DEAD CAP HIT
2018 Player contract details by year - $1,600,000 - $1,600,000