THE BROWNS BOARD

Nick watch...

Clevfan4life

this will be my weekly guilty pleasure, documenting nick bosa tearing through osu opponents. Already seeing guard/tackle double teams. Its oregon st so nobody gives a fuk....but god this kids skillset is nice to watch. He can line up on bith sides abd looks no diff. He would win the starting LDE spot on the browns "right now"

OHIO STATE (-37) 42-14 and not quite halftime yet. Oh have the mighty Beavers fallen. But there will be a test in Arlington, TX facing TCU without Meyer.

Bosa should be a high first round pick....who knows if the BROWNS will have a shot in 2019.

GO BROWNS & BUCKEYES! 

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

move to college board..Stop drafting before week 1!! the guy could trip over his nose & break both legs..Go Bucks!! 

True.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

this will be my weekly guilty pleasure, documenting nick bosa tearing through osu opponents. Already seeing guard/tackle double teams. Its oregon st so nobody gives a fuk....but god this kids skillset is nice to watch. He can line up on bith sides abd looks no diff. He would win the starting LDE spot on the browns "right now"

Sooooooo.... Is he better than Joey?

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

we'll see. That was oregon st today so whatever, but the hands are starting to look "joey'esque". But the play that stood out to me was one that prob no one caught cause he was no where near the ball as it went the other way. But the guard or tackle on him decided to get a lil chippy even tho nick was just locked up with him not doing anything as he watched the play unfold that he had no chance of getting involved with. Well nick didnt like that and all of a sudden bench pressed this 300lb OL off him like he was a DB. The OL pads and helmet just snapped backward like he got hit by the landing gear of a passing plane. Nick is mean, i like that. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

He's already being crowned a guaranteed top 3 pick, which is pretty crazy.

Had his way with a bad opponent today

I mean, should he not have?  

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

People like to say that, but in the end I think they're about the same.

23 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No, he100% should have. I'm not saying he isn't great by any means.

But there are a TON of GREAT DL coming out. I think it's hard to guess which will shake out at the top of the draft at this point.

Name anyone you think is better than BosaName anyone you think is better than Bosa

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Name anyone you think is better than BosaName anyone you think is better than Bosa

You're missing the point and taking this as some major OSU slight, because of course you are...

I'm simply stating the guaranteeing Bosa will go top 3 at this point is ridiculous. That's because guaranteeing anyone will go top 3 at this point is ridiculous. Besides all of the numerous things that can happen during the season, offseason, combine, there are A LOT of top flight DL talent in this draft. 

Ed Oliver, Raekwon Davis, Rashaan Gary, 3 or 4 of the starters on Clemson's line.

Then throw in the inevitability of QBs moving high up the board.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:14 PM, MLD Woody said:

You're missing the point and taking this as some major OSU slight, because of course you are...

I'm simply stating the guaranteeing Bosa will go top 3 at this point is ridiculous. That's because guaranteeing anyone will go top 3 at this point is ridiculous. Besides all of the numerous things that can happen during the season, offseason, combine, there are A LOT of top flight DL talent in this draft. 

Ed Oliver, Raekwon Davis, Rashaan Gary, 3 or 4 of the starters on Clemson's line.

Garrett was slated #1 from beginning to end. So putting Bosa up there from the start is not really out of line, especially given how the bloodline is doing. That being said I think the Browns will have too many wins to grab him. But there are some good OLs this year and we need help there.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:14 PM, MLD Woody said:

Of course it is an OSU slight by a simpering little jealous weasel such as yourself. You lie if you deny it.

No on said anything about guarantees. At this point, it is a very, very, very high likelihood that he would go Top 3.  Show me one scouting service that does not have him ranked in the Top 3 prospects.

Good players, probably.....NONE as good as Bosa, nor rated as high as him. Your Michisuck guy is not likely a Top 10. 

Yes, probably...but not enough to kick him off the Top 3. Who are these QBs you think would be in Top 3? 

The ONLY thing that could likely prevent him from being considered Top 3 would be a major devastating injury.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Garrett was slated #1 from beginning to end. So putting Bosa up there from the start is not really out of line, especially given how the bloodline is doing. That being said I think the Browns will have too many wins to grab him. But there are some good OLs this year and we need help there.

True, but there wasn't really anyone in the same class as Garrett. And I agree that Joey's success is definitely helping Nick out.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

sigh

I'm not sure why I even bother. Not worth it

I can only hope anyone else on here that isn't blinded with their own fandom can see just how absolutely ridiculous, biased and childish you're being.

You were given a simple challenge:  find any scouting service that does not have Bosa ranked in the Top 3 prospects.  Instead of giving us your little pussy pitter patter, take up the challenge.   Or admit that you ARE just being a jealous little green livered hater, and cannot find any.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

True, but there wasn't really anyone in the same class as Garrett. And I agree that Joey's success is definitely helping Nick out.

Sure, all the sacks and tackles for losses and All American recognitions  and NFL scouting evaluations have nothing to do with it.

Like I have said.....you and Ghoolie are thisclose to being the same kind of troll.

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Hey Woody, thoughts on Michigan?

I have no problem discussing it with you. I don't expect any blinding team loyalty on your end to make it like I'm trying to debate a scarlet and gray donkey.

I'm disappointed. Some Michigan fans are acting like the sky is falling, which is premature. A loss by 7, week 1, at night, on the road to a very good ND team isn't terrible. Plus a few fluky things. It happens. Unfortunate, but it happens. Luckily we've seen many instances of teams rebounding after early losses

The game itself really came down to our offensive tackles. They quite possibly had one of the worst pass protection outings I've ever seen. Our LT was so bad his performance basically single handedly cost us the game. I'm not sure if he's that bad or if that was just the worst 3 hours of his life.

Unfortunately, our 1st Rd talent LT had a career ending injury and that threw everything off course. We have two true Freshman tackles on campus that people are calling to start. Basically, they can't be worse and they actually have room to improve. We really needed a week or two of cupcakes to start this year

Everyone else played basically as expected. Considering the pressure he was under, Shea did very well IMO. 

We have a few weeks to figure out the OL before we hit the toughest stretch of games in the country. Here's hoping we figure it out.

So you don’t have any concern that Harbaugh can’t win the big game? I mean yeah this isn’t a bad loss by itself but the sample size is starting to stack up. I also think you can kinda discount special teams scores because they’re so unreliable and with that it’s a two-touchdown loss. 

Obviously the people calling for Harbaugh’s head are ignorant but your post seems a little overconfident imo. 

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

So you don’t have any concern that Harbaugh can’t win the big game? I mean yeah this isn’t a bad loss by itself but the sample size is starting to stack up. I also think you can kinda discount special teams scores because they’re so unreliable and with that it’s a two-touchdown loss. 

Obviously the people calling for Harbaugh’s head are ignorant but your post seems a little overconfident imo. 

It's not over confident because I'm not really guaranteeing anything. Harbaugh has the most unlucky play ever and a bad 4th down spot holding him from two rivalary wins. You could argue we'd have one more without being on our 3rd QB due to injury and having the worst performance from the position in years. Our KR TD may have been fluky but so was NDs second TD.  

I'd love to be able to guarantee he'll win the big one, I can't. But I also understand where the program was before he took over, and I understand some of the disadvantages we're playing with in today's landscape. It is what it is 

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere this year. It's hard to imagine a better choice for the program. It has been disappointing so far but Michigan is one if the most unlucky, unfun programs to follow relative to expectations, so it is what it is. We'll have a much better idea where everything stands at the end of this season.

There's one thing that's blindly wrong with this team. That's a positive in the sense we know what needs corrected. It's one of our worst depth positions, that's partially on Hoke and partially on Harbaugh. We'll have to see if we can get it corrected by our next tough game

How can you still be blaming Hoke? His last class was 4 years ago. Harbutt has done NOTHING but continue your schools decent into mediocrity

Oh wait, the team got to go to Europe and waste the schools money 

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

How can you still be blaming Hoke? His last class was 4 years ago. Harbutt has done NOTHING but continue your schools decent into mediocrity

Oh wait, the team got to go to Europe and waste the schools money 

I'm not here to teach OSU fans how to read. If you want to come at me in an insulting way with the typical, blinding ridiculousness that's way too common on this board, then there's no reason to engage you. I said partially on Hoke, partially on Harbaugh. That's 100% true. I'm also not going to waste my time breaking down our roster to you or posters like you when I'm just going to anti-Michigan vomit back. 

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's not over confident because I'm not really guaranteeing anything. Harbaugh has the most unlucky play ever and a bad 4th down spot holding him from two rivalary wins. You could argue we'd have one more without being on our 3rd QB due to injury and having the worst performance from the position in years. Our KR TD may have been fluky but so was NDs second TD.  

I'd love to be able to guarantee he'll win the big one, I can't. But I also understand where the program was before he took over, and I understand some of the disadvantages we're playing with in today's landscape. It is what it is.

What disadvantages are those? What hurdles does fmu have to jump that other big name program's don't?

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere this year. It's hard to imagine a better choice for the program. It has been disappointing so far but Michigan is one if the most unlucky, unfun programs to follow relative to expectations, so it is what it is. We'll have a much better idea where everything stands at the end of this season.

What is this "bad luck" you are referring to?

There's one thing that's blindly wrong with this team. That's a positive in the sense we know what needs corrected. It's one of our worst depth positions, that's partially on Hoke and partially on Harbaugh. We'll have to see if we can get it corrected by our next tough game.

Hoke?  How long has Harbaugh been there?  Is there even a single player left in the program that was recruited by Hoke and not Harbaugh?  Oissh.

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not here to teach OSU fans how to read. If you want to come at me in an insulting way with the typical, blinding ridiculousness that's way too common on this board, then there's no reason to engage you. I said partially on Hoke, partially on Harbaugh. That's 100% true. I'm also not going to waste my time breaking down our roster to you or posters like you when I'm just going to anti-Michigan vomit back. 

What do you expect when you make lame excuses? Every team has had injuries to key  starting players (including OSU...I mean, remember that last year it was the backup QB that finished the FMU game, and remember that Cardale Jones was like 3rd string QB, after Miller and Barrett a few years ago...etc. etc.)

And then there is this "bad luck"  and "disadvantages". ...and Brady Hoke.  :blink:

Why don't you just give the real, honest, excuse:  You just are not good enough.   Go ahead, say it.....thatta boy, go on.  You can do it Cinderelly, you can do it. 

Archived