THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's '18 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, mjp28 said:

The unofficial official start of the NFL football season!  First game this Thursday 9/6/2018.

That was an interesting way to start, even if it was a bit of a struggle offensively. 

The Falcons have to be salty today. They left a ton of points out on the field. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That was an interesting way to start, even if it was a bit of a struggle offensively. 

Kinda like the way they did in the playoffs against the Eagles to end the last season.

27 minutes ago, Mark O said:

They should be a good pick.  I just don't think they have what it takes.   I'll take the Packers.

The Packers used to be my go-to pick for years... Pretty sure I predicted a New England vs Green Bay Super Bowl for five years running. 

Good to see you back, Mark. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Packers used to be my go-to pick for years... Pretty sure I predicted a New England vs Green Bay Super Bowl for five years running. 

Good to see you back, Mark. 

Thanks..

We will see how long it lasts...

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

ATL  just seems to choke big games at the most opportune times.

GO BROWNS 2018, just win one.

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Pretty boring 1st half, but the 2nd more than made up for it.

I've got LAR taking it all this season.

1. Browns record?  8-8

2. Bengals record? 7-9

3. Ravens record? 11-5

4. Steelers record?  11-5

5. How many points do the Browns score? 416    How many do they allow? 288

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Tyrod Taylor pass for?   1400 yards  12 TDs  4 INTs (6 games)

7. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield pass for?  2700 yards  25 TDs 10 INTs (10 games)

8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for?  900 yards rushing  250 yards receiving 8 TDs (Duke Johnson reduces his reps)

9. How many yards and touchdowns does Nick Chubb run for?  300 yards rushing 150 yards receiving 4 TDs (Duke Johnson reduces his reps too)

10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? Jarvis Landry  How many receptions?  105 receptions

11. Who leads the Browns in receiving yards? Jarvis Landry How many yards?  1100 yards

12. How many sacks does Garrett have?  13 sacks

13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? Yes  If not, what date is he fired? (I want a specific date. Take a look at the schedule)  No need.

14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl?  Jacksonville Jaguars  and LA Rams   Who wins?   The LA Rams

On 9/3/2018 at 8:41 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Time again boys and girls to make your season predictions! This will be open until next Sunday morning, please answer all questions COMPLETELY. (Some have multiple questions)

1. Browns record? 5-11

2. Bengals record? 7-8-1

3. Ravens record? 8-7-1

4. Steelers record? 10-6

5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow? 344/323

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Tyrod Taylor pass for? 10 games=2212/13/6

7. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield pass for? 6 games=1404/14/7

8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for? 874/9

9. How many yards and touchdowns does Nick Chubb run for? 385/3

10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Duke (mccoy) 87

11. Who leads the Browns in receiving yards? How many yards? Landry/1080 (it's contagious bruh) 

12. How many sacks does Garrett have? 14.5

13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? If not, what date is he fired? (I want a specific date. Take a look at the schedule) Forced to resign after loss going into Bye-bye week👋 

14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins? Pats/Vikings--them damn Pats!!

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Time again boys and girls to make your season predictions! This will be open until next Sunday morning, please answer all questions COMPLETELY. (Some have multiple questions)

1. Browns record? 4-12

2. Bengals record? 6-10

3. Ravens record? 7-9

4. Steelers record? 12-4

5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow? 275, 345

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Tyrod Taylor pass for? 2050, 12, 7

7. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield pass for? 1200, 8, 6

8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for? 750, 5

9. How many yards and touchdowns does Nick Chubb run for? 450, 3

10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Landry, 82

11. Who leads the Browns in receiving yards? How many yards? Landry, 850

12. How many sacks does Garrett have? 10.5

13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? If not, what date is he fired? (I want a specific date. Take a look at the schedule) NO, fired Dec 30th

14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins? Atlanta vs Pittsburgh, Atlanta wins their first franchise Super Bowl 

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Pretty boring 1st half, but the 2nd more than made up for it.

I've got LAR taking it all this season.

The NFC is damn intriguing this season. I think a solid argument could be made for 1/3 of the teams to win the NFC. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The NFC is damn intriguing this season. I think a solid argument could be made for 1/3 of the teams to win the NFC. 

SUPER BOWL LIII preview from Hot-lanta  (sorry Dutch the only way the Falcons get there is with a ticket).

AFC (whoever) +14 vs the Pack!

........hmmmmm, is it just me or is this SB 53 or 54?

Super Bowl LIII Logo.jpg

1. Browns record? 5-11

2. Bengals record? 7-9

3. Ravens record? 9-7

4. Steelers record? 10-6

5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow? 320 - 410

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Tyrod Taylor pass for? 2760, 20, 6 

7. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield pass for? 250, 1,1

8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for?  865 and 8

9. How many yards and touchdowns does Nick Chubb run for? 530 and 5

10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Njoku and 68

11. Who leads the Browns in receiving yards? How many yards? Gordon, 950

12. How many sacks does Garrett have? 11

13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? If not, what date is he fired? (I want a specific date. Take a look at the schedule)  No,  Monday Nov 12

14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins? tough, AFC is weak.

phily vs......Patriots, I guess.

13 hours ago, Flugel said:

Me too!   After winning 11 games - they added Suh, Talib, Peters, Shields, Cooks and 11 draft picks. 

LAR just seems the clearest pick in a very crowded NFC field. Of course it comes down to Goff continuing the playing level he showed in 2017.

AFC is thinner, but tougher... at least for me. That said I think Bortles may have finally settled into a comfortable "manager" role now that he has a run game and the Conferences best D, a/k/a the best supporting cast in the AFC. However, I'd be lying if I said I had every confidence that he can repeat what he did last season.

Actually the two teams are built very similarly.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

LAR just seems the clearest pick in a very crowded NFC field. Of course it comes down to Goff continuing the playing level he showed in 2017.

AFC is thinner, but tougher... at least for me. That said I think Bortles may have finally settled into a comfortable "manager" role now that he has a run game and the Conferences best D, a/k/a the best supporting cast in the AFC. However, I'd be lying if I said I had every confidence that he can repeat what he did last season.

Actually the two teams are built very similarly.

I was a Goff guy entering the draft, very 'eh' on Wentz due to his limited starts, injury history and level of competition. 

Glad to see Goff shake off his abysmal rookie start and look really good last year! I was starting to think I really blew that one. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was a Goff guy entering the draft, very 'eh' on Wentz due to his limited starts, injury history and level of competition. 

Glad to see Goff shake off his abysmal rookie start and look really good last year! I was starting to think I really blew that one. 

Personally I'd never heard of Goff until his name was called by Roger...

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah, I have Jax facing the Rams for all of the reasons you mentioned. I feel the same way about Bortles. They kind of remind me of the Ratbirds 1st SB team when the primary objective of the QB was don't beat yourself so your teammates can beat the opponent. In the process, Dilfer leaned on a RB that rushed for over 2000 yards (500 of them on Cleveland in 6 quarters) and hope Sharpe could make a big play or 2.  Meanwhile, his Defense would limit scoring while it was capable of scoring or giving the offense a short field. Like Bortles, there was still a 1st round QB tucked in there somewhere that could make a play here and there.   The 1 element Bortles has that Dilfer didn't was the ability to run for 1st downs. 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I heard of it. Worst game ever invented by man. You put de ball in de hole din you pick it right out.😁

Hobbies aren't supposed to be stressful. 

My poor dad tried to take me and my brother out for a round on occasion.  The last time he did so was outrageous.  Our piss poor tee-shots were right next to each other while my dad was to the right of us up a little ways.  Anyway, I shanked my shot right off the back of my dads golf cart.  Thinking it was my brother, he walks up to him and asks:  "HEY ASSSHOLE, WHAT COMES AFTER 3?"  To which my brother John replied "4".   My dad finished with "YELL IT NEXT TIME!"

Then my brother walked through a sand trap and pulled his cart across the green and my dad said "ASSSHOLE, NEXT TIME YOU WALK THROUGH THE SAND TRAP USE THE RAKE - THAT'S WHAT IT'S THERE FOR."  Oh is that what it's there for?  I was just letting the doe's know where the Big Buck went!  Dad replied "WHAT AN ASSSHOLE! I'M A MEMBER HERE.   Calm down you're too nervous!  Don't worry about it.

Stuff like that went on for 18 holes.  The discussion about to follow has my dad in all caps and my free spirited brother in lower case.  At the 19th Hole , my dad asked "ASSSHOLE WHAT TIME DO YOU GOTTA BE IN COURT?"   30 minutes ago.  Calm down! It'll work out. Bartender can you get the Butch a Sprite and me and the old man some cold Michelobs!  "I DON'T NEED THIS MAN - I DON'T NEED IT!"  Don't worry about it.  "THAT'S WHY YOU GOTTA GO TO COURT ASSSHOLE - YOU DON'T WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING!"  And you're the only one having a bad day over it.  "NOT ANY MORE MAN!"

Needless to say we never went goffing together again.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Personally I'd never heard of Goff until his name was called by Roger...

I picked up Goff this morning dropped Garoppolo  as my back up quarterback for my main guy A. Rodgers on one FL (soon to be the SB LIII MVP). I hope I did ok!

Got Rodgers on both of my FL teams this year, I had Rodgers on one last year with this kid named Wentz as a backup low level pick, worked out well.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I picked up Goff this morning dropped Garoppolo  as my back up quarterback for my main guy A. Rodgers on one FL (soon to be the SB LIII MVP). I hope I did ok!

Got Rodgers on both of my FL teams this year, I had Rodgers on one last year with this kid named Wentz as a backup low level pick, worked out well.

With QBs I often look at the Inventory he's throwing to.  Goff has a nice inventory to go with his progress and talent.  You done good MJ!

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I heard of it. Worst game ever invented by man. You put de ball in de hole din you pick it right out.😁

I think you are thinking of gawf... a game played in Scotland.

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm going to close this down about noon Sunday, so if anyone else would like to get their predictions in, or any last second edits need to be made, there's still time. 

So I can still bail on Atlanta?

OK ... The Rams.

And the Browns.

Browns win.

Zombo

42 minutes ago, Flugel said:

With QBs I often look at the Inventory he's throwing to.  Goff has a nice inventory to go with his progress and talent.  You done good MJ!

Yeah we saw the BROWNS inventory on display the last few years, should look much better in 2018 backs and recievers.

GO BROWNS!

On 9/5/2018 at 7:57 AM, Tour2ma said:

Gotta love folks who include a tie in their prediction.

Hey overtime in game 1.

Pin this sucker!

29 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hey overtime in game 1.

Pin this sucker!

CLE 0-0-1  pit 0-0-1  eh?  Didn't lose, didn't win. Geeezzzz.

Now you can pin it.

Archived