THE BROWNS BOARD

Nike Commits Brand Suicide

Canton Dawg

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

sales up 31% in the last couple days. 

#brandsuicide

I thought there might be an initial spike but long term? No doubt Nike thinks this is a financially good decision and they didn't just do this on impulse. Months of studies and analyzing data went into it. I read where Nike has had Kaepernick on their payroll long before he became the face of their "just do it" ads. I won't buy Nike now but I'm not in their target customer base anyway. This probably hurts the NFL more than anything. The NFL wants this controversy to go away like yesterday but it keeps coming back and now Nike drops this bomb with Kaerpernick days before the season opener. There may be a lot of reason why NFL ratings are down but I read today the NFL opener had record low television ratings.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There may be a lot of reason why NFL ratings are down but I read today the NFL opener had record low television ratings.

You’re correct, NFL viewership has declined for the past 4 years.

Compared to other shows on TV, the NFL is still a heavyweight but I don’t know how long it can weather 10% annual declines.

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And sales of Nike shoes surged shortly after the first of the month. Coincidence? You decide.

WSS

There’s a bunch of retailers ridding themselves of Nike inventory...could explain some of the surge in sales.

CC85F326-EE13-4F56-9162-873693FC04D4.jpeg

12 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

40684256_1707215626057298_50319104676861

Actually we get offended when they use that excuse for committing The Lion's Share of violent crime and perform at the lowest levels of Education or any other measurables in American society unlike (except for professional sports) every other minority group who put up with as much or more sht.

And for those who claim the Civil War was about slavery no other minority group has had 600 plus million Americans died for their freedom.

WSS

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 11:47 AM, Westside Steve said:

Actually we get offended when they use that excuse for committing The Lion's Share of violent crime and perform at the lowest levels of Education or any other measurables in American society unlike (except for professional sports) every other minority group who put up with as much or more sht.

And for those who claim the Civil War was about slavery no other minority group has had 600 plus million Americans died for their freedom.

WSS

More than 600 million.  Just curious about the math

On 9/8/2018 at 10:38 AM, Clevfan4life said:

id srsly rather be a bolshevik goosestepping fukking twat ngr than some drooling mindless consumer drone. Spending a life like a pavlovian dog.....no, uh uh, nope. The bell rings and americans drool over what they're told to. 

Looks like you can't always get what you want huh? 😂

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Looks like you can't always get what you want huh? 😂

WSS

heh?

anyway, a 4% dip in shares based on higher production costs was foreseen and likely had a part in nikes idea for a massive sales push. If trumps china war keeps up they'll just pack up and move to africa. These guys have been at this game awhile. 

well, school just started about three weeks ago?

yeah, that helps their sales. This Kapperdick promotion started about four weeks ago?

people were buying school clothes just before the promotion.

It's backfiring - takes time.

58 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

heh?

anyway, a 4% dip in shares based on higher production costs was foreseen and likely had a part in nikes idea for a massive sales push. If trumps china war keeps up they'll just pack up and move to africa. These guys have been at this game awhile. 

Heh or huh?

WSS

37 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I might guess that a larger percentage of Nikes income, compared to other similar corporations, comes from welfare checks and street drug profits.

Sound like a logical presumption?

WSS

rich white kids who's parents foot the bill for every new pair of jordans, lebrons etc,etc > than the inner city boogeymen who haunt ur dreams nightly and u think give a crap about you. 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

it boils these guys to no end. Not an ounce of common business sense between them but they were so sure a monolith like nike was imminently bankrupt. Wall street wouldnt allow it. 

Just think if Nike would’ve hitched their wagon to someone like Tiger Woods. You know...someone who’s actually good at what they do?

14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just think if Nike would’ve hitched their wagon to someone like Tiger Woods. You know...someone who’s actually good at what they do?

u mean the company that diesnt make golf clubs anymore?

"Nike will soon stop making golf equipment, will focus on shoes and apparel. If and when Tiger Woods ever returns to the PGA Tour, he'll be doingit with another company's clubs in his bag. ... “Nike Golf will transition out ofequipment — including clubs, balls and bags,” the company said in a statement.Aug 3, 2016"

Archived