THE BROWNS BOARD

Facebook

MLD Woody

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Any public official isn't allowed to block users on Twitter. But they can MUTE users. Blocking would prevent the user from seeing Trump's tweets, which he uses to make presidential statements, which is why a judge ruled as they did. He can MUTE users though, which would prevent him from seeing their responses. 

Jones was banned for many reasons that have been covered here. If you want to defend him, go ahead. At least Jones is taking it well:

So.... Does providing facts make the square a circle?

The only fact is Twitter censorship.

Alex Jones is one of many nuts on Twitter, and I find it ironic that he gets banned for talking about censorship.

Meanwhile there are other people on Twitter that are making death threats, but I guess in your world that's just fine.

The social media world is on a slippery slope, i.e. using the first Amendment at their own discretion.

12 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Probably there are a few who do but they shouldn't. If the media fact checks Trumps tweets for any false statements that is a proper and good use of the media. And they do that. They should have done the same many times with what Obama said but because of their bias they didn't. Obama made a lot of claims about the Affordable Care Act to get it passed he had to have known were not true. The numbers never added up that we would have millions of newly insured people yet premiums would go down for average families. In fact one of the architects of Obamacare admitted he was counting on the ignorance and stupidity of the voters to get it passed. I believe the ignorance of the voters was due to the love affair the media had with Obama and their failure to investigate and report fairly and accurately on Obamacare to the public. 

I'm going to guess it's more than a few. I'm also going to say your own bias is affecting what you perceive as bias. 

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

The only fact is Twitter censorship.

Alex Jones is one of many nuts on Twitter, and I find it ironic that he gets banned for talking about censorship.

Meanwhile there are other people on Twitter that are making death threats, but I guess in your world that's just fine.

The social media world is on a slippery slope, i.e. using the first Amendment at their own discretion.

Uh, no. The facts were what I posted. You just didn't like seeing them because they ruined your argument. The Trump thing is very clear and make sense, but you just have to take it as some big snowflake slight. 

To that point it has you making up what I think, that "in my world it's just fine" that these phantom death threat makers aren't being banned.

No you moron, of course they should be banned. Of course it's the same rules for everyone. Twitter is private and has terms of service. Not the 1st amendment. 

This Sheet is just too obvious. I post why you are wrong and you come back ignoring that all and talking nonsense. It's too damn easy. I need to go back to posting less.

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Uh, no. The facts were what I posted. You just didn't like seeing them because they ruined your argument. The Trump thing is very clear and make sense, but you just have to take it as some big snowflake slight. 

To that point it has you making up what I think, that "in my world it's just fine" that these phantom death threat makers aren't being banned.

No you moron, of course they should be banned. Of course it's the same rules for everyone. Twitter is private and has terms of service. Not the 1st amendment. 

This Sheet is just too obvious. I post why you are wrong and you come back ignoring that all and talking nonsense. It's too damn easy. I need to go back to posting less.

Censorship is censorship...no matter what you call it.

And since you want to resort to name calling, it’s very obvious dumbfuk.

36 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Riiiight. Because that's definitely the same thing..... smh

Yep. People throwing a fit and bringing more attention to the subject of that fit.

Probably just hard for you to wrap your head around because you think one of the two guys is cool and the other one isn't.

😎

WSS

45 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Jack Dorsey says Twitter unfairly filtered 600,000 accounts 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qx87wbKRdWo&feature=player_embedded

are u aware of how they do the filtering? its a bot, if the bot's instructions are off...thats what happens. Its supposed to.hunt for keywords but how ut disseminates context is beyond me.I know a black person on fb that got his acct suspended because he wrote the word ngr in context within a discussion about how the word has evolved. He complained and got a "so sorry" from FB....but it shows the kind of mountain they're up against

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

are u aware of how they do the filtering? its a bot, if the bot's instructions are off...thats what happens. Its supposed to.hunt for keywords but how ut disseminates context is beyond me.I know a black person on fb that got his acct suspended because he wrote the word ngr in context within a discussion about how the word has evolved. He complained and got a "so sorry" from FB....but it shows the kind of mountain they're up against

Yes, it’s an algorithm. 

I’m a former programmer so I’m aware of how an algorithm works.

Another word for filtering is censoring, that’s why the social media bigshots were called to DC in the first place.

my best friend comnented on a video going around facebook where some tweaking meth head was screaming the n word at random black people. My friend said "what a piece of white hillbilly trash"......and fb booted him. Algorithm fail?

so people point to a possible preponderance of conservative accts being axed. Well, maybe u all need to look at the words these algiruthms are catching and ask urselves if thats how decent god fearing christians talk. Just a thought. The owners of this board censor our language right? Are any of u conservative leaning guys railing at stan or zombo? Why is what has been done here no big deal but twitter and fb hand out warnings for certain language and then boom ur gone if u ignore the warnings? and to be clear, "rhetoric" cannot be caught by an algorithm...it has to be reported. The algorithms can only catch words and phrases in a certain preponderance that are racist etc,etc. So u know these accts that got blocked are just wellsprings of racist, sexist words. If u have an account fir example, that leaves the word ngr everywhere including on the feeds/pages of black users......its going to get a flag. Not hard to understand then why alot of conservative users who CHAFE at the notion they cant drop words like that whenever and wherever they choose, are gonna get the yellow un sportsmanlike flags

37 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

my best friend comnented on a video going around facebook where some tweaking meth head was screaming the n word at random black people. My friend said "what a piece of white hillbilly trash"......and fb booted him. Algorithm fail?

so people point to a possible preponderance of conservative accts being axed. Well, maybe u all need to look at the words these algiruthms are catching and ask urselves if thats how decent god fearing christians talk. Just a thought. The owners of this board censor our language right? Are any of u conservative leaning guys railing at stan or zombo? Why is what has been done here no big deal but twitter and fb hand out warnings for certain language and then boom ur gone if u ignore the warnings? and to be clear, "rhetoric" cannot be caught by an algorithm...it has to be reported. The algorithms can only catch words and phrases in a certain preponderance that are racist etc,etc. So u know these accts that got blocked are just wellsprings of racist, sexist words. If u have an account fir example, that leaves the word ngr everywhere including on the feeds/pages of black users......its going to get a flag. Not hard to understand then why alot of conservative users who CHAFE at the notion they cant drop words like that whenever and wherever they choose, are gonna get the yellow un sportsmanlike flags

The part I don’t understand, is the Twitter algorithm won’t pick up on the racist tweets from Sarah Jeong shown below.

Then Candace Owens will use these same tweets word for word, but replace “white” with “black or Jew” and she gets a ban.

5F7A0DDC-C72A-4964-9FB8-F490DCA4E86E.png

29 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The part I don’t understand, is the Twitter algorithm won’t pick up on the racist tweets from Sarah Jeong shown below.

Then Candace Owens will use these same tweets word for word, but replace “white” with “black or Jew” and she gets a ban.

5F7A0DDC-C72A-4964-9FB8-F490DCA4E86E.png

they prob investigated the flag and found that the person was a known comedian or satirist. Another possibility is she was posting on her own feed and not leaving it on others. Sonething thst now i think twitter might also be cracking down on, im not sure. Its iver my head now

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Censorship is censorship...no matter what you call it.

And since you want to resort to name calling, it’s very obvious dumbfuk.

So are you dropping the whole "biased twitter" claim you made before in regards to Trump and your first post? Do you see how that was wrong? I imagine you must, as you haven't brought it up since. 

Is Alex Jones no longer allowed to post anything, anywhere on the internet? Does Twitter or Youtube have a Terms of Service that allow people to say anything they want? Are you really so political one sided that you are going to try and fight for Alex Jones here?

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yep. People throwing a fit and bringing more attention to the subject of that fit.

Probably just hard for you to wrap your head around because you think one of the two guys is cool and the other one isn't.

😎

WSS

Sure. You drink water. Hitler drinks water. Practically the same guy...

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

they prob investigated the flag and found that the person was a known comedian or satirist. Another possibility is she was posting on her own feed and not leaving it on others. Sonething thst now i think twitter might also be cracking down on, im not sure. Its iver my head now

All social media, all media, is biased against conservatives. That's all you need to know.

Obama and a bunch of elitist California professors developed a software to unfairly hurt conservatives. The Twitter police just need to move the dial to "Conservative" and it goes and bans all conservatives! All of them! I read about it on The Blaze. 

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

oh well fuk me then the blaze isnt lije fake news or anything

Oh I think everyone knows the blaze is a slanted organization pretty far right on the bell curve of us politics. But again we know that. And again it's not necessarily false it just plays to a particular ideology. Unfortunately the New York Times CNN and most of the major networks are now using that business model.

WSS

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So are you dropping the whole "biased twitter" claim you made before in regards to Trump and your first post? Do you see how that was wrong? I imagine you must, as you haven't brought it up since. 

Is Alex Jones no longer allowed to post anything, anywhere on the internet? Does Twitter or Youtube have a Terms of Service that allow people to say anything they want? Are you really so political one sided that you are going to try and fight for Alex Jones here?

I’ll dumb this down as much as I can for you.

If I can block anyone on Twitter, EVERYONE should be able to block anyone on a Twitter including Trump.

Once you change the rules for someone it becomes unfair and biased.

I am no fan of Alex Jones, but he’s one of thousands of idiots on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram...whatever.

If you are a firm believer that these social media companies are fair and balanced, why were they called to a Senate hearing in DC?

11 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’ll dumb this down as much as I can for you.

If I can block anyone on Twitter, EVERYONE should be able to block anyone on a Twitter including Trump.

Once you change the rules for someone it becomes unfair and biased.

I am no fan of Alex Jones, but he’s one of thousands of idiots on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram...whatever.

If you are a firm believer that these social media companies are fair and balanced, why were they called to a Senate hearing in DC?

I'll dumb it down for you...

YOU aren't using your Twitter account to relay public messages from the president. The rules are different when essentially being used as a public broadcasting system for public officials. The rules are changed because they're a public official, something that already changes a lot of rules. Follow? That's spelled out clearly in the court decision on this. 

If you're on Twitter enciting violence you should be banned. Again, they have a terms of service. 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'll dumb it down for you...

YOU aren't using your Twitter account to relay public messages from the president. The rules are different when essentially being used as a public broadcasting system for public officials. The rules are changed because they're a public official, something that already changes a lot of rules. Follow? That's spelled out clearly in the court decision on this. 

If you're on Twitter enciting violence you should be banned. Again, they have a terms of service. 

That’s funny, blocking people on Twitter & Facebook has happened with Federal, State, and local officials.

Trimark, the government based insurance company is known for blocking people on FB.

Its no different than Trump kicking out a heckler at one of his rallies.

When it comes to enciting violence, I could literally flood this board with the death threats made on Twitter, and they’re not banned.

Again try to circle that square.

Archived