THE BROWNS BOARD

Facebook

MLD Woody

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If twitter died our president might have to actually be a president. Then we're in deep Kimchi!🤴

Then we would have to rely on MSM to provide us with their..."ahem" unbiased views of the world.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Then we would have to rely on MSM to provide us with their..."ahem" unbiased views of the world.

he can sht out to.fox and breitbart, u know full well that dumb ngr uses twitter way too much and steps on his own dik constantly at 4am with it. Even diehards said the dude needs to calm down with tweets

Twitter has been a great way for Trump to set the narratives instead of the liberal MSM (and they can't stand it). Instead of Trump always having to respond to them they are forced to respond to his tweets. One of the successes of Reagan was to go around the biased liberal media and speak directly to the people. If he were president today I have no doubt he would be using twitter to also bypass the fake news media.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Twitter has been a great way for Trump to set the narratives instead of the liberal MSM (and they can't stand it). Instead of Trump always having to respond to them they are forced to respond to his tweets. One of the successes of Reagan was to go around the biased liberal media and speak directly to the people. If he were president today I have no doubt he would be using twitter to also bypass the fake news media.

Yeah but would he come across like a bitched butt child while doing it?   Me thinks no.  

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Yeah but would he come across like a bitched butt child while doing it?   Me thinks no.  

I'm not going to say I like all of Trump's tweets because I don't but I think it has been an effective tool for him to combat a heavily biased liberal media stacked against him.

48 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm not going to say I like all of Trump's tweets because I don't but I think it has been an effective tool for him to combat a heavily biased liberal media stacked against him.

By providing an outlet that's heavily biased and stacked in his favor

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

I have a Twitter account but never use it. As far as I can tell anybody can say anything on his own account and it's up to that person how many people he can attract has followers.

WSS

Same here. I see other people respond on twitter to Trump's tweets so I don't see him getting a free pass to say whatever he wants unchallenged but I have never used twitter myself.

5 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

how did reagan go around the media? 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Same here. I see other people respond on twitter to Trump's tweets so I don't see him getting a free pass to say whatever he wants unchallenged but I have never used twitter myself.

There’s a big double standard going on inside the Twitterverse.

Trump isn’t permitted to block anyone because according to Twitter, it’s a 1st Amendment issue in an open forum.

Then yesterday, Jack Dorsey (CEO of Twitter) drops a lifetime ban on Alex Jones because he hurt some snowflakes feelings from CNN.

Im sure some libtard will try to circle that square for me...gonna be fun.

22 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

how did reagan go around the media? 

President Ronald Reagan: Bypassing major outlets with a White House News Service

While the White House press office had long been established, it was under the Reagan administration that the communications office really came into play, Patterson said. The press office focused on the daily responsibilities, while the communications took a longer view, he said.

The communications office also launched a “news service” for the White House to distribute presidential speeches and announcements to outlets without correspondents on Pennsylvania Avenue.

The Associated Press reported in 1985 that the “White House News Service” was available to anyone with a computer and modem to tie into a phone line, offering the “official, unedited version of what the President and his office have to say.”

“The idea behind it was to feed news outlets and essentially to go past the gate-keeping function of the networks, The New York TimesThe Washington Post, and the like, which to some degree kind of serve as bulletin boards for other news outlets at the local level,” Patterson said.

“They basically started to feed them directly as their way of trying to deal with what they saw as a hostile press.”

5 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You could say that about anyone using twitter couldn't you? Trump does not go unchallenged on Twitter.  Whatever he says people can respond either positively or negatively.

Same with the "MSM". People can respond to it however they like.

Just saying, that awful, biased media you hate, what you think it is, that is ACTUALLY what Trump's Twitter is, but you don't mind because you agree. 

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

There’s a big double standard going on inside the Twitterverse.

Trump isn’t permitted to block anyone because according to Twitter, it’s a 1st Amendment issue in an open forum.

Then yesterday, Jack Dorsey (CEO of Twitter) drops a lifetime ban on Alex Jones because he hurt some snowflakes feelings from CNN.

Im sure some libtard will try to circle that square for me...gonna be fun.

Any public official isn't allowed to block users on Twitter. But they can MUTE users. Blocking would prevent the user from seeing Trump's tweets, which he uses to make presidential statements, which is why a judge ruled as they did. He can MUTE users though, which would prevent him from seeing their responses. 

Jones was banned for many reasons that have been covered here. If you want to defend him, go ahead. At least Jones is taking it well:

So.... Does providing facts make the square a circle?

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Same with the "MSM". People can respond to it however they like.

Just saying, that awful, biased media you hate, what you think it is, that is ACTUALLY what Trump's Twitter is, but you don't mind because you agree. 

What I hate the most about the liberal biased MSM is their hypocrisy and not admitting to their bias and their pretense of being objective. Too many studies have been done to prove their liberal bias. They should just come out and admit it. Does twitter pretend to be journalism like the fake news do?

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What I hate the most about the liberal biased MSM is their hypocrisy and not admitting to their bias and their pretense of being objective. Too many studies have been done to prove their liberal bias. They should just come out and admit it. Does twitter pretend to be journalism like the fake news do?

I'm not talking about all of Twitter. My bad. I'm just talking about Trump's Twitter account. Do you think Trump presents what he tweets as unbiased fact? Just like what you're accusing the MSM of?

Trump using twitter is no different than him giving a speech. It has nothing to do with journalism. It is a way to get his message out such as things the biased media are not covering or under reporting because of their bias. It is his side of the story and I am sure he is biased telling his side. Some of his tweets have been factually in error but this is just Trump giving out his message on twitter not to be confused with journalism. Trump is under no obligation to be unbiased but so called journalists are supposed to be.

22 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump using twitter is no different than him giving a speech. It has nothing to do with journalism. It is a way to get his message out such as things the biased media are not covering or under reporting because of their bias. It is his side of the story and I am sure he is biased telling his side. Some of his tweets have been factually in error but this is just Trump giving out his message on twitter not to be confused with journalism. Trump is under no obligation to be unbiased but so called journalists are supposed to be.

You don't think there are people out their that take Trump's tweets as news?

16 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You don't think there are people out their that take Trump's tweets as news?

Probably there are a few who do but they shouldn't. If the media fact checks Trumps tweets for any false statements that is a proper and good use of the media. And they do that. They should have done the same many times with what Obama said but because of their bias they didn't. Obama made a lot of claims about the Affordable Care Act to get it passed he had to have known were not true. The numbers never added up that we would have millions of newly insured people yet premiums would go down for average families. In fact one of the architects of Obamacare admitted he was counting on the ignorance and stupidity of the voters to get it passed. I believe the ignorance of the voters was due to the love affair the media had with Obama and their failure to investigate and report fairly and accurately on Obamacare to the public. 

I use Facebook all the time. It's a great tool for somebody in my line of work. I can get information about my gigs to just about anyone immediately. Same with updates as to time Etc. There are, of course, too many lunatics and too much political bulshit mostly from the left but not exclusively.

One common theme that makes me laugh is when people complain about everybody sticking their nose in their personal business. Hey guess what if you didn't post every fuking thing that went on in your life it wouldn't happen.😄

WSS

Archived