THE BROWNS BOARD

Desmond Harrison is Left Tackle

Zombo

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I think this has been an under discussed factor.

IMO we overpaid for Zeitler, but the premium was justifiable because of who we signed him away from. But he didn't live up to his price tag last season and sure did not yesterday either. At least that was my impression. An impression I'm willing to chalk up to rust for now.

And what about Hubbard?  Think about who we took him away from....which was supposed to weaken them....and strengthen us.  

I saw no evidence of that yesterday either.   He gave up, what?  4 sacks?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Again, I think weed will become a non-issue in the NFL after the next CBA. As for being shot in the butt.....well.....them big beefy backsides were built for absorption, right?

(as long as HE didn't shoot someone else in the butt, I guess it is not a big issue) 

He made it this far, started at LT as a rookie and so far the team is undefeated with him starting. So he has support. Your past is your psat, it is how you handle yourself as a Cleveland Brown.

Zombo

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He made it this far, started at LT as a rookie and so far the team is undefeated with him starting. So he has support. Your past is your psat, it is how you handle yourself as a Cleveland Brown.

Zombo

Let's hope it is only UP from here for him.  

But, as I said,  I think there may be more issues on the other side of the line.   THERE is where far more pressure came from, from what I could tell, than over on Harrison's side.

5 minutes ago, choco said:

all things considered, kid acquitted himself fairly well.  

if by that u mean he got high olympic marks for hus diving routines out over the edge toward dupree. than sure ill buy that. He also looked good on one foot as watt hoisted him up on his way to an inside power move. 

his "only" defense was the entire line sht the bed most of the game. 7 sacks is a team effort. I really am not a fan of bob wylie this morning

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

if by that u mean he got high olympic marks for hus diving routines out over the edge toward dupree. than sure ill buy that. He also looked good on one foot as watt hoisted him up on his way to an inside power move. 

his "only" defense was the entire line sht the bed most of the game. 7 sacks is a team effort. I really am not a fan of bob wylie this morning

Anchoring and strength is going to be his issue this season.   You'll see more of that throughout the schedule so get used to it.   As Tour mentioned, his footwork isn't too terrible either.

if joe would do it, id replace wylie tom morning. Not that its all his fault, but this is JT....and he's played with these guys. Our season depends on that o line finding something. Im terrified of baker going out there cause of this. preseason made me think they might be ok so if baker has to go in later in the season it might wirk out.

I am surprised Joe is not at least a part-time OL Asst Coach.

He'd be a lot more effective than he is being a cheerleader, e.g. "Shon is going to do well", "Harrison is going to be great", etc.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah, am I missing something or were there more than 2 offensive snaps yesterday?

Or, I guess it's reasonable to think an UDRFA seeing his first significant time against a top defensive front should win every single snap...yup..that's it

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He'd be a lot more effective than he is being a cheerleader, e.g. "Shon is going to do well", "Harrison is going to be great", etc.

Quite frankly I wish he would just replace Wiley.

On 9/10/2018 at 12:16 PM, Tour2ma said:

And what did this buffoon do during his career for the OL's that he played with? Who did he groom?  I never remember him pulling the OL aside and providing leadership. ALl he ever did was spew out euphemisms and rah-rah-rah talk. Joe Thomas is a dud.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

And what did this buffoon do during his career for the OL's that he played with? Who did he groom?  I never remember him pulling the OL aside and providing leadership. ALl he ever did was spew out euphemisms and rah-rah-rah talk. Joe Thomas is a dud.

takes one to know one.

19 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Nah, just made the pro bowl every year.  He's gone for one preseason and the first game of the year the OLine looks worse than it has in 10 years.

You don't remember him pulling the OL aside and providing leadership? What? You are inside the locker room to see those kind of things? 

Man I sure am glad we let Mitchell Schwartz walk. Now that JT is off the payroll and he is gone we can just sign any fat as s off the street to take their place and bank the money for real playmakers. 

Paxton Lynch, Tom Brady, Joe Thomas, Myles Garrett...... damn Ghoolie are you ever right about anything?

I didn’t have the luxury of recording the game so no chance to break it down, but my eye test and PFF related reading says Harrison, like Corbett, is not ready. 

I think they pushed and pushed for Corbett to be ready in camp and preseason games, but not ready in time. Now they are trying to push and push Harrison to be ready in for real games, but in actual real games, and that is bothersome.

Bitonio looked fine at tackle imo. I still think him at tackle and Watford at guard is “the best 5” at this point in time.

8 minutes ago, syd said:

didn't hear his name called today  there is some progress 

Was our OL penalized at all?

I can't think of a false start or a hold or... our total was only 4 for 43 yd.

Just scanned the play-by-play and did not see a single penalty on our Offense... not one...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018091603/2018/REG2/Browns@Saints?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2018091603#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000962986&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

9 minutes ago, syd said:

Unfortunately there were two or three instances where the Saints sent 3 guys and still got to Taylor. (Not sure Harrison was to blame though) 

10 minutes ago, syd said:

I'd be remiss if I missed the chance to quote the original 'Bad News Bears'...

"Well there is some good news. We almost had two hitters reach first base and we did hit four foul balls!" 😁

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Unfortunately there were two or three instances where the Saints sent 3 guys and still got to Taylor. (Not sure Harrison was to blame though) 

with three first round picks on the aints d - line they looked a helluva lot better than last week so maybe just maybe (and yes I am saying he stands a chance) hue might have gotton something right 

Gotta lay some love on Desmond Harrison.

Dialed in on 3 quarters of the Saints game and saw marked improvement. 

Rewatched his action in the Jets game. There’s 2 plays where he’s blocking 2 dudes. A Hyde 10 yard run, and Hyde’s second TD run that same drive.

Both were fun and different blocking situations.

The first he charged into the second level and corralled 2 defenders, and sorta bro hugged them long enough for Hyde to slip past.

The second the blocking scheme led to him walling off 2 defenders to his side. He did it. 

14 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Gotta lay some love on Desmond Harrison.

Dialed in on 3 quarters of the Saints game and saw marked improvement. 

Rewatched his action in the Jets game. There’s 2 plays where he’s blocking 2 dudes. A Hyde 10 yard run, and Hyde’s second TD run that same drive.

Both were fun and different blocking situations.

The first he charged into the second level and corralled 2 defenders, and sorta bro hugged them long enough for Hyde to slip past.

The second the blocking scheme led to him walling off 2 defenders to his side. He did it. 

Sure hope that dime a dozen fat butt turns out to be something. If he can be consistent and give Baker a little time (he doesn’t need much) it would be awesome. 

27 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Sure hope that dime a dozen fat butt turns out to be something. If he can be consistent and give Baker a little time (he doesn’t need much) it would be awesome. 

A QB with a lightning fast arm can make a LT look All-world, especially if he has good peripheral vision and sense of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived