THE BROWNS BOARD

More wisdom from the hogg monster

Westside Steve

52 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/07/david-hogg-kavanaugh-wrong-ar-15s-shoot-further-handguns/

Come on even you guys that have the hots for him have to admit this is kind of funny.

WSS

For close in I'm just as good with a pistol as I am with a rifle. I'd rather not have a neighbor put a lawsuit on me for a round that carried thru my house and then through theirs to hit some innocent neighbor. That is more likely with a rifle than a pistol. Growing up we were allowed to shoot handguns as long as the targets were set up towards the mile clearance to the next home over on the N of my grandparents 70 acre place, but we were not allowed to shoot rifles there because of how far it can carry and still do damage even on a ricochet. For that we had to learn on a rifle range. Shotguns we could use anywhere on the 70 acres. BB and pellet guns we we warned to not shoot towards the house on the property or we'd pay for any window we hit (never happened). 

So I understand what he was trying to say, but he's not very good at it.

42 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i mean, he has a legit point. Lighting up an ar15 with AP or even standard rounds, its gonna go through some Sheet. Id like to see them make close range hone def ammo for AR's thst deliver alot of energy but less penetration. So it'll blast a hole in something but thats it. 

I think there have been pictures posted of them but there are plenty of legal rifles that hold as many rounds and fire the same ammunition but they don't look so scary.

WSS

39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I just find it cute that Steve claims others "have the hots" for Hogg yet he's the one that keeps making threads about him. It's like an adorable schoolyard crush for him. 

its not just the stooges here at this board woody. Im dead serious there was like 2 months when my bro in law was sending me almost daily texts about david hogg or some offshoot of a david hogg topic. just imagine for a moment dealing with that then coming here. The NRA sends out marching orders for people to get on social media to counteract anything that came out of lil haters mouth. The obsession and derangement is real

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I just find it cute that Steve claims others "have the hots" for Hogg yet he's the one that keeps making threads about him. It's like an adorable schoolyard crush for him. 

And when I say "others" only one guy breathlessly reacts. Let me check and see who that is... Yes! That piece of research didn't take too long.

😎

WSS

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

AR: What final thoughts would you like to leave us with regarding the AR for home defense?

KL: When it comes right down to it, this discussion is about using what you are most comfortable and extremely confident with. Once again, for me that happens to be the AR, chambered in 5.56x45 mm NATO/.223 Rem. What’s in your closet?  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! It had better be locked in that closet with no key access by persons 17 and under in Texas. For reasons I already stated, I'm more comfortable/confident with a pistol. I keep it in a 3 number combination pistol safe and I know which number to push a couple clicks up to open it so that by law I am covered. Grandkids know to leave it alone on it's high place in our locked bedroom. I'm teaching them gun safety with BB guns as I explain how what they learn applies to all guns. They have learned quite well thus far. I verbally quiz them every time we get them out and shoot/clean them.

On 9/8/2018 at 2:06 PM, Clevfan4life said:

its not just the stooges here at this board woody. Im dead serious there was like 2 months when my bro in law was sending me almost daily texts about david hogg or some offshoot of a david hogg topic. just imagine for a moment dealing with that then coming here. The NRA sends out marching orders for people to get on social media to counteract anything that came out of lil haters mouth. The obsession and derangement is real

That's a good point.

It's also funny because the right thumps their chest in victory when they troll the left. Then this kid does it back and they get all butt hurt. 

42 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That's a good point.

It's also funny because the right thumps their chest in victory when they troll the left. Then this kid does it back and they get all butt hurt. 

Maybe, just maybe, you and the rest of the anti-gun and anti-nra gang should think about picking a spokesperson with his sht together just a little bit more. Teaming him up with Michael Moore was a stroke of Genius.

WSS

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Maybe, just maybe, you and the rest of the anti-gun and anti-nra gang should think about picking a spokesperson with his sht together just a little bit more. Teaming him up with Michael Moore was a stroke of Genius.

WSS

What, just because MM is the poster child for self-inflicted gunshot wound? Makes a great demo on the dangers of guns in the wrong hands.😂

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I think conservatives are more glued to what Hogg has to say than liberals are by a long shot.

Ignore the kid and move along.

I think Hogg needs to get himself a little more educated if he wants to lead the anti secondment movement. I wouldn't care about Hogg's personal opinions except he is out to try and force his ideas on gun control  on the rest of us. I wouldn't ignore anyone out to take away gun rights for law abiding citizens. They should be confronted especially if they don't know what they are talking about. 

15 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I think Hogg needs to get himself a little more educated if he wants to lead the anti secondment movement. I wouldn't care about Hogg's personal opinions except he is out to try and force his ideas on gun control  on the rest of us. I wouldn't ignore anyone out to take away gun rights for law abiding citizens. They should be confronted especially if they don't know what they are talking about. 

People are so politically split now that correcting him really doesn’t change any opinions and his politicking doesn’t change any opinions. Parts of facts anymore are just around to feed into confirmation bias. So if you are pro 2A, you won’t have your mind changed and vice versa.

I don't know how persuasive Hogg is with young people but I know that a smarter and much wiser student at Parkland who makes a much better argument for gun rights has gotten only a fraction of the coverage from the liberal MSM but Hogg is saying what the liberal media want to hear and the narrative they want to present.

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't know how persuasive Hogg is with young people but I know that a smarter and much wiser student at Parkland who makes a much better argument for gun rights has gotten only a fraction of the coverage from the liberal MSM but Hogg is saying what the liberal media want to hear and the narrative they want to present.

So he is preaching to the choir. I don’t agree with the kid but I don’t put much into him galvanizing any sort of actual policy change. 

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

How can you say that with a straight face? What do you think Hogg is doing if not being a gun control advocate?

ur actong as if he's a legislator with real power instead of a pimply skinny hs kid that u guys got him laid with his 45 minutes of undue fame when he was originally slated fir 15

Archived