THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Injury Report:

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
James Burgess Jr., LB Doubtful Sep 7
Comment: Burgess (concussion) is listed as doubtful for Sunday's matchup against the Steelers, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
E.J. Gaines, CB Out Sep 7
Comment: Gaines (knee) has been ruled out for Sunday's regular season opener against the Steelers.
Pittsburgh Steelers
NAME STATUS DATE
Le'Veon Bell, RB Out Sep 9
Comment: With Bell having not reported to the Steelers' facility in time to join the team for their road trip to Cleveland where they play the Browns on Sunday, the running back will surrender his $853,000 Week 1 game check, NFL.com reports.
Vance McDonald, TE Out Sep 7
Comment: McDonald (foot) won't play Sunday against the Browns, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

Fall time I meant.. Still a surreal experience.. 

It was wasn't it?

The crowd at the Admiralty Pub..

Training to Tottenham... the walk thru the village (hamlet?) of Tottenham... Great seats in their old stadium...

And then a week in France via the Chunnel... which I slept thru going and returning.

10 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

How many are watching at home versus at a bar or at a kick off party?  I haven't decided yet... Stay at home where I can swear and scream with no worry about looking like a crazy person.. Or enjoy our first win with other Browns fans...

Sunday Ticket and The Tavern here...

ESPN live report form 1St Energy... the weather isn't that bad... light rain... calm winds which may pick up later...

... and there's a plan for Josh Gordon.

And the Inactives are out...

Pittsburgh Steelers Injuries

Marcus Allen DB Inactive  
Zach Banner OT Inactive  
Matt Feiler OT Inactive  
Vance McDonald TE Inactive  
Mason Rudolph QB Inactive  
Coty Sensabaugh DB Inactive  
L.T. Walton DE Inactive  
Cleveland Browns Injuries

James Burgess LB Inactive  
Austin Corbett OG Inactive  
E.J. Gaines DB Inactive  
Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Inactive  
Damion Ratley WR Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive  
Anthony Zettel DE Inactive

Corbett and Zettel healthy scratches??? Bit of a surprise there...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And the Inactives are out...

Pittsburgh Steelers Injuries

Marcus Allen DB Inactive  
Zach Banner OT Inactive  
Matt Feiler OT Inactive  
Vance McDonald TE Inactive  
Mason Rudolph QB Inactive  
Coty Sensabaugh DB Inactive  
L.T. Walton DE Inactive  
Cleveland Browns Injuries

James Burgess LB Inactive  
Austin Corbett OG Inactive  
E.J. Gaines DB Inactive  
Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Inactive  
Damion Ratley WR Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive  
Anthony Zettel DE Inactive

Corbett and Zettel healthy scratches??? Bit of a surprise there...

Not sure how I feel about that.  Zettel especially being that he can come in and play a subpackage role almost right away.  

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Not sure how I feel about that.  Zettel especially being that he can come in and play a subpackage role almost right away.  

👍...👍   Edit--fix we ran out of reactions to post

1 hour ago, BobPOUND! said:

I am a weather junkie and I am making my final weather prediction.. Here in Toledo over the past hour the rain has nearly stopped even though radar is showing it supposedly solidly raining here.. The same Sheet hitting us will be in cleveland in the next 2 hours..

PREDICTION.. Light to nearly no rain at game time and off and on very light drizzle for the duration of the game.... The heaviest storms are slipping south more towards the south and east of the stadium.... TWO HOURS and 15 minutes till kick off..    

I can't wait.  Working around the house trying to kill time and not think about it to much.

BobPound!

I screwed up and sat down with too much time to go! My heart is thumping, my wife and daughter just left, and the dog is nervous. If you're weather prediction is accurate, I can live with it, totally. I was fearing the constant, pounding deluge that makes football near impossible. Hopefully you're right! 

1 hour ago, BobPOUND! said:

QUICK SURVEY..

How many are watching at home versus at a bar or at a kick off party?  I haven't decided yet... Stay at home where I can swear and scream with no worry about looking like a crazy person.. Or enjoy our first win with other Browns fans...

#Firstworldproblems :):)

BobPound!

For years I'd be hanging out with the Tallahassee chapter of Browns Backers, and Orlando chapter back 12+ years ago. For the past 6 years or so, I watch the games at home because I can't be trusted to be in public. I sit alone, with my TV, and scream at the television. Hopefully this year it'll be more cheering than screaming, but we'll see. I put my Browns gear on (bright orange Nike Dry Fit long sleeve with Cleveland Browns logo on it) and I settle in for the impending drama. I don't even let myself on this forum because I go crazy and can't be trusted to write anything sane. I imposed a 24 hour grace period so I can cool off. Hopefully I won't need it this year! 

11 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

Last poll. What are you wearing today and the story behind it.  Wearing my kevin johnson nfl jersey bought for me gis rookie season. My mother in law got it for me Christmas of that year. 

Leopard print thong.

I look great in thongs, that's the story behind it. 

the todd.png

6 hours ago, Nero said:

It's supposed to be "on gameday"?

As a Spaniard I have to tell (probably some or all of you have noticed) that we find difficult to know which preposition we have to use in English, as most of them translate to the same one in Spanish: "en".

BTW Nero here's a Texanese saying you can use that my English teacher wife tells me has a preposition in it,  "Fixin' to" as in "I'm fixin' to watch the Browns game today." It's from the New England version of "going to". My Rhode Island wife swears up and down she had never heard "fixin' to" before she met me.🤣

Archived