THE BROWNS BOARD

well surprise surprise...we still suck

Tacosman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

If a tie as 3 pt underdogs when you are 1-31 can seem like a bad result....well this was an example of such.

A FIVE TURNOVER EDGE......wtf is the record of nfl teams with a five turnover edge?  Gotta be 90% right?  

And these werent relatively benign turnovers.  Hell one was essentially a td return.  

Maybe the weather was part of the reason for the offense sucking, but c'mon......tyrod looked like complete trash.  

Our supposedly good wide recieving corps?  Ummmm....well landry showed up I guess sort of.  The rest looked like crap.  

After today Im just really worried about our offense.....another Sheet performance like that and sure...bring on the rookie.

Hyde looked like he had weights in his shoes.

***  Offensive line whipped play after play. ***

The Oline is the only point i'll give you.  It sucked horribly.  With more time, Tyrod would have much more time to get rid of the football.  Either the Oline needs time to gel, or we need to figure out something else. Oline could either be the end of us, or if it gets better, we could vastly improve. 

15 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

I thought Tyrod was pedestrian in the passing game, the Oline was not very good, so some of his problems were due to lack of time, that has to improve.

Thank you runyon.  The oline is definitely the problem.  Baker would not have done much better if at all.  

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I sure miss that lard azz LT who wore #73...what’s his name?! 🤔

I put this on the coaching staff and front office, who seemed to have no idea what to do concerning the LT position, and it showed. 

I'm going to see where we are in a few weeks, hopefully some continuity can be made in that time period.

If not, our QBs are going to get killed. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I put this on the coaching staff and front office, who seemed to have no idea what to do concerning the LT position, and it showed. 

I'm going to see where we are in a few weeks, hopefully some continuity can be made in that time period.

If not, our QBs are going to get killed. 

Absolutely, I think the FO did a great job addressing most of our position needs.

But WHAT IN THE HELL were they thinking when they needed a LT and drafted Corbett?

Just now, Canton Dawg said:

Absolutely, I think the FO did a great job addressing most of our position needs.

But WHAT IN THE HELL were they thinking when they needed a LT and drafted Corbett?

I'm hoping that they did it with the idea of him replacing Tretter after this season?

Because they gave him about half a second at LT before getting Bitonio in there. 

Corbett was an interesting pick. 

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Some of it was scheme too with free rushers coming through, some of that could be on Tyrod, some of its on the back, and they could probably be coached up better too.

8 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

7 fukking sacks given up. I swear to.god after 2 games against the browns these pgh shitcunts can pad their stats enough for extra contract demands

Both defenses had to rack up an impressive amount of fantasy points.

I'll be honest, as the Steelers were marching toward their FG attempt in OT I was hoping for a miss and a tie. I told myself I'd be thrilled with that.

Then Schobert returns the fumble back to the 5 or whatever and the game is ours. Of course (OF COURSE) there's a block in the back, but hell, we still have it around the 25.

And Gonzalez didn't get it blocked, he Shmucking shanked it. I had little to no faith he would make the kick, and he didn't even give the Browns a chance. UGH.

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

If a tie as 3 pt underdogs when you are 1-31 can seem like a bad result....well this was an example of such.

A FIVE TURNOVER EDGE......wtf is the record of nfl teams with a five turnover edge?  Gotta be 90% right?  

And these werent relatively benign turnovers.  Hell one was essentially a td return.  

Maybe the weather was part of the reason for the offense sucking, but c'mon......tyrod looked like complete trash.  

Our supposedly good wide recieving corps?  Ummmm....well landry showed up I guess sort of.  The rest looked like crap.  

After today Im just really worried about our offense.....another Sheet performance like that and sure...bring on the rookie.

Hyde looked like he had weights in his shoes.

Offensive line whipped play after play.

After pitt got up 21-7, defense played really well....but wonder how much of this was just ben and the weather....

can we stop sending peppers sorry butt out their for punt returns as well?

If we cant win a game where we have a5 turnover edge????  3-12-1 here we come......

Recall in 2012 in Cleveland the Steelers turned it over 8 times, and the browns won...by only six.

Today the Steelers turned over 6 times and it ended in a tie....sounds about right.lol

Looking at the stats you'd think the Steelers should have destroyed this team.  Connor carved up the browns

1 minute ago, StinkHole said:

Recall in 2012 in Cleveland the Steelers turned it over 8 times, and the browns won...by only six.

Today the Steelers turned over 6 times and it ended in a tie....sounds about right.lol

Looking at the stats you'd think the Steelers should have destroyed this team.  Connor carved up the browns

Conner should be more concerned with whoever carved up his head.

Even for Pittsburgh that was one Shmucked-up hairdo. 

Monsoon season..made us look worse than we are.  Defense never quit.  Things to clean up..sure..penalties etc.  O line needs to gel.  

Defense wins games.  

I still feel loads better about this team than last year.

3 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

I still feel loads better about this team than last year.

i dont know how u can feel loads better. Even the defense to me feels structurally shakier and got bailed today by some "clutch" plays and the inclimate weather.

I think it has more talent than last years D, but they seemed really flat today. Even garrett. who by all metrics had a great game....was flat on alot of rushes. He wasnt popping the tackle and would get stuck in mid move, it was weird. But then all of a sudden he'd run wide and get home. He'll always do that, but the power edge game was flat. 

Go over to steelers forum..lol...its identical to ours....coach sucks...browns get all the calls...ben should retire...what s sh1tshow...etc etc...

Same stuff here...fans being fans.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I checked because in general you are full of sh!t. And this time was no exception.

Opine on whomever you like... just don't change the level of praise when you see then play later.

And for the record I was a pretty good, all-around volleyball player in my day. Worked with a former US Olympian at the Painesville YMCA one summer back in '73.

this may come as a shock to you, but I dont document every thought I have on the browns or their players in this forum.  Nor do I keep track of where each thought I've had on these matters 

is cataloged.  Your degree of grandiosity and delusional thought content in this thread is impressive even for you though

30 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Only gays worry about another mans hair, just sayin........

But you are the one who cried to the moderators that I was being mean to you, DieHard. 

I mean, you could suck off 100 guys in a row and that would be less gay than picking a fight on a message board and then getting bitch-slapped so hard that you run and tattle because your feelings got so, so hurt. I can see why you love Trump, both of you are bitches who try to act tough but complain like a twat about how people treat you. 

58 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

this may come as a shock to you, but I dont document every thought I have on the browns or their players in this forum.  Nor do I keep track of where each thought I've had on these matters 

is cataloged.  Your degree of grandiosity and delusional thought content in this thread is impressive even for you though

Wait....are you talking to yourself? That is all that would make sense.mirror.jpg

4 hours ago, Tacosman said:

"well landry showed up I guess sort of"

again,maybe you should learn how to read.  I specifically singled him out as the one who didnt suck

thats how you single out someone for not sucking LOL, you phrased it as a backhanded slam on Landry regardless of how you would like to spin it. There is literally only one other person who posts here as negative as you are. I am sure he will jump on your knob soon. 

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Wait....are you talking to yourself? That is all that would make sense.

Holy back-up-from-an-unexpected-source, Batman! :)

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW...

Sorry I went off on you Taco... uncalled for. If I disagree with the substance of your post(s) in the future, I'll deal with the substance and the substance only.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:11 PM, Tacosman said:

After today Im just really worried about our offense.....

After pitt got up 21-7, defense played really well....but wonder how much of this was just ben and the weather....

can we stop sending peppers sorry butt out their for punt returns as well?

If we cant win a game where we have a5 turnover edge????  3-12-1 here we come......

Beauty school dropout, you're the last person on this board that should use "we" and "our" when referring to this team.

Gotta love the way you excuse Roethlisberger's endless turnovers to weather but the QB that only had 1 turnover was the one worth calling trash.  The first time Antonio Brown broke free over the middle - Roethlisberger threw a grounder before he threw 3 INTs and fumbled the ball to us. Everybody knows Taylor's day wasn't pretty.  Ben's turnovers are the reason his team didn't win.  Taylor's lack of turnovers that put Buffalo in the playoffs are the reason he's here until the 1st overall pick at QB is ready.  Buffalo just lost 47-3 without Taylor so we can see how much they improved without your version of "trash."

The goal of a QB that doesn't turn the ball over is to have his team in position to win the game at the end. In this case, after he helped us erase a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter - he helped get us into FG position for the chance to win the game in OT.  A 42 yard FG was blocked.  Are you really the only knucklehead on this board that thinks that's Taylor's fault?  Go figure! Last year we LOST games like this when we hurried an inexperienced QB into starting before he was ready and he turned the ball over.

We drafted a QB 1st overall so this will play out like it did when Kosar took over for Danielson in 1985. The veteran started the 1st 5 or 6 weeks before Kosar replaced him.  Aside from being a cerebral QB and accurate QB with a college National Championship under his belt - Kosar had an extended streak of games/passes without an INT when we turned this team around.  We should be happy we have a situation similar to 85.   And here you are whining like sorority girl on the rag like you've done all off season crying about every move we made - inclusive of your colicky thesis why Jarvis Landry sucks.

13 minutes ago, Flugel said:

And here you are whining like sorority girl on the rag like you've done all off season crying about every move we made - inclusive of your colicky thesis why Jarvis Landry sucks.

Flugs-exactly what did you expect from a guy who advertises that he really has a taco between his legs?💃

On 9/9/2018 at 8:09 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Only gays worry about another mans hair, just sayin........

Didya see the MNF preview? They honored Connor with a "Come on man!!" award for that hairdo. And I have to agree, to my mind, that's as bad as seeing a woman with her hair dyed turquoise. 

Archived