THE BROWNS BOARD

eh....this would tend to explain a lot of millenial leftwing opinions

calfoxwc

Yawn...

GallupReports of Depression Treatment Highest Among Baby Boomers 

h0rcu25pees_vqeeab7chw.png

LiveScienceBaby Boomers' Mental Health Faces Crisis, Report Says

As the baby boom generation ages, millions of people will face mental health and substance abuse problems that will go undiagnosed or untreated unless there are significant changes to the current health care system, a new report says...

..."We have a significant burden, if not a crisis, facing us," said Dr. Dan Blazer, a psychiatry and behavioral sciences professor at Duke University Medical Center, one of the authors of the report.

The number of older adults with mental health conditions or substance abuse problems is expected to increase, not only because the now-aging baby boom generation is larger than the generation that preceded it, but also because the rate of such problems is higher among the boomers, Blazer said.

The report is based on the IOM committee's review of the literature looking at the burden of mental health conditions in older adults, and also its analysis of the number of health care workers trained to treat these patients. The committee considered those who are currently working, as well as the scope of existing training programs.

Survey results showed that 20 percent of people age 65 and older, or about 8 million people in the U.S., have mental health or substance abuse problems that need medical attention...

JB 

I think in recent decades Americans have grown more and more dependent on Pharmaceuticals, antidepressants being one of them. What previous generations kind of overlooked are now seeing as diseases that can be treated by Wonder drugs. I would imagine the Baby Boomers back in the 50s and 60s  had the same problems as the millennials  but  had yet to put  a diagnostic name to it . And doesn't it seem that these days it's kind of hip to consider the Perfectly Natural anxiety that comes with being young as a mental disorder? Because  diseases that would have killed us  50 or 60 years ago  are now wiped out by things like  antibiotics  we think a pill can cure anything . I personally take that idea with a grain of salt.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

JB 

I think in recent decades Americans have grown more and more dependent on Pharmaceuticals, antidepressants being one of them. What previous generations kind of overlooked are now seeing as diseases that can be treated by Wonder drugs. I would imagine the Baby Boomers back in the 50s and 60s  had the same problems as the millennials  but  had yet to put  a diagnostic name to it . And doesn't it seem that these days it's kind of hip to consider the Perfectly Natural anxiety that comes with being young as a mental disorder? Because  diseases that would have killed us  50 or 60 years ago  are now wiped out by things like  antibiotics  we think a pill can cure anything . I personally take that idea with a grain of salt.

WSS

Americans (of all age brackets) are definitely sliding towards just not wanting to deal with life anxiety or stress. It is natural to worry some and it teaches you to think or act your way out of the cause of the anxiety. A lot of people don’t want to deal with that and need a diagnosis to make themselves feel better about it.

My buddy’s wife talks about her anxiety like it is an extra family member that everybody needs to placate. I told her that I don’t give a sh!t and won’t let her quirks fu_ck up my good time.

36 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

My buddy’s wife talks about her anxiety like it is an extra family member that everybody needs to placate. I told her that I don’t give a sh!t and won’t let her quirks fu_ck up my good time.

ur buddies wife is a sociopath, u've been warned. She will be abusive as fuk to people then go run behind "its my anxiety". I too had a buddy with a sociopathic g/f at the time, now his wife.....im mo longer friends with him because of his fat kunt of a wife. These people just destroy sht

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

ur buddies wife is a sociopath, u've been warned. She will be abusive as fuk to people then go run behind "its my anxiety". I too had a buddy with a sociopathic g/f at the time, now his wife.....im mo longer friends with him because of his fat kunt of a wife. These people just destroy sht

Oh she definitely sucks and ruins his life but I just mitigate it by talking to her like dirt because I am not beholden to having to put up with any of her bullish!t.

Archived