THE BROWNS BOARD

Am I the only one who...

Tour2ma

Last night brought back memories to a Sunday night game years ago, when Tim Couch went down with a concussion and our fans cheered when he left and Kelly Holcomb entered the game. For some reason the Browns allowed Couch to be interviewed after the game, which resulted in him getting emotional about the situation.

For all intents and purposes, Couch's days of being the starting QB for the Browns were numbered after that night. Just like Taylor's. 

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Honestly its pretty sad to see some question something when they dont understand how it could occur.

The impact of a hit is not how you get a concussion. In fact, A LOT of these big hits you see do not conclude in one.

Dont like a player, sure everyone has those. But dont try to impugn his character and call him a quitter because it didnt "look" bad and you dont know how they occur

Well... please educate me then.

But it's going to take more than the above, gumby-esque post

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hay! i did nuthing!  OL inside zone blocking scheme. did ya 👀? Loved the patience of our backs now seeing it. Who have ya seen upfront making a difference since week 1?

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

What do you want this education on? I cant give you specific examples of a big hit that didnt result in a concussion. How about the year Clowney had that hit? That player didn't get a concussion.

It just depends on the person. It isnt about the hardness of contact, it is about how it effects the brain. You can get a concussion falling out of bed, I could get a concussion biting down too hard ( compression and shock), they make mouthguards now that are specifically designed to side in helping with concussions. It can be something as simple as a helmet being too tight or too loose. There are also more concussions annually in soccer than football.

It would be Tyrod's 3rd concussion since aug.2017.  https://www.sportinjurypredictor.com/player/tyrod-taylor/4785 <(won't open???) interested to hear Hue say Monday.."well Ty is still in CPC" or he amazingly recovered..

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Hay! i did nuthing!  OL inside zone blocking scheme. did ya 👀? Loved the patience of our backs now seeing it. Who have ya seen upfront making a difference since week 1?

lol... mine was a style comparison to the incomparable...

Agree... we have ZBS backs now. Jets have one as well and his name is Powell.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

It would be Tyrod's 3rd concussion since aug.2017.  https://www.sportinjurypredictor.com/player/tyrod-taylor/4785 <(won't open???) interested to hear Hue say Monday.."well Ty is still in CPC" or he amazingly recovered..

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

What do you want this education on? I cant give you specific examples of a big hit that didnt result in a concussion. How about the year Clowney had that hit? That player didn't get a concussion.

It just depends on the person. It isnt about the hardness of contact, it is about how it effects the brain. You can get a concussion falling out of bed, I could get a concussion biting down too hard ( compression and shock), they make mouthguards now that are specifically designed to side in helping with concussions. It can be something as simple as a helmet being too tight or too loose. There are also more concussions annually in soccer than football.

Forgot history... which is really the degree to which brain chemistry changes, which linger many times longer than brain swelling, has returned to normal. Some studies have concluded that in some individuals a change is never fully undone.

While it is true that almost any head trauma can impact the brain, but it was the classic, deceleration-(or acceleration)-induced, brain-meet-skull "Concussion" of which I was speaking. I simply did not see an impact on TT's last play that I thought could produce that.

Take care chewing...

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I simply did not see an impact on TT's last play that I thought could produce that.

Take care chewing...

lot to chew here. 

(may need to click utube?)  certainly looks that Ty had both arms to protect himself better.does bang side of head on turf. now his 3rd in just over a year. more on baker juicing the building?let this video roll out  

What better drama could you ever ask for as a Browns fan than to see the rookie come in down 0-14 and complete his first pass for a 1st down to the team LEADER Jarvis Landry?

It does not get any better than that Browns Fans!!  🤩

Go to the 1:32 mark.

Possibly.  But tyrod clearly knew he was done.  Probably knew it early in camp after seeing what he was up against. 

The entire vibe changed when Mayfield went in.  He zipped completions all over the field,  got a few lucky breaks,  and the team just responded to him. 

The immediate future is bright.  Especially with Carr looking scared to be on the field and that's not getting any easier with the Browns D coming. 

Baker now gets all the reps with the ones.  Callaway will be balling soon. 

51 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Possibly.  But tyrod clearly knew he was done.  Probably knew it early in camp after seeing what he was up against. 

The entire vibe changed when Mayfield went in.  He zipped completions all over the field,  got a few lucky breaks,  and the team just responded to him. 

The immediate future is bright.  Especially with Carr looking scared to be on the field and that's not getting any easier with the Browns D coming. 

Baker now gets all the reps with the ones.  Callaway will be balling soon. 

What seems to be the issue with Carr? He seems to have hit the proverbial wall at 100mph. A year ago at this time he was touted as a future top QB of the league. 

I will give it to Captain Tyrod..He took some shots!! Paying for his own issue for holding the ball & being unsure to throw..OL gave up 4 sacks & 12 QB hits. 1 sack, 2 QB hits (1 fumble) on Baker cause he only held the ball most the night under 2.6 seconds at 88%..Ty paid on the rest, holding the ball up to 37% more than 2.6 seconds. His first hit looked to be straight on his chin strap at 8:40 in 1st. Than carried it the very next play:wacko:. At 13:42 of the 2nd, takes another whack on a sack. At 6:19 of 2nd was the forearm to his head. Soon after came the self KO. simple with this OL,The ball has to come out of your hands.. 

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I will give it to Captain Tyrod..He took some shots!! Paying for his own issue for holding the ball & being unsure to throw..OL gave up 4 sacks & 12 QB hits. 1 sack, 2 QB hits (1 fumble) on Baker cause he only held the ball most the night under 2.6 seconds at 88%..Ty paid on the rest, holding the ball up to 37% more than 2.6 seconds. His first hit looked to be straight on his chin strap at 8:40 in 1st. Than carried it the very next play:wacko:. At 13:42 of the 2nd, takes another whack on a sack. At 6:19 of 2nd was the forearm to his head. Soon after came the self KO. simple with this OL,The ball has to come out of your hands.. 

I don't really see a guy that processes everything in front of him quickly enough for any long term success. In fairness, his worst completion % counting his starts in Buffalo were in the first game Roethlisberger turned the ball over 5 times so I'll give both guys that mulligan. 

As hard as Tyrod works and prepares based on what we've heard, I don't know that it ever makes a speed reader out of someone that has never been one.  By the time he's seeing someone that was open - they are covered or he's now trying to elude a sack.  The good news is our new LT now has 3 starts under his belt and a lot less false starts than he had in week 1 the last 2 weeks.  Tyrod's job was to preheat the QB position for the Baker.  He did that and I think he was a pretty solid role model to learn from.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:46 PM, gumby73 said:

Didn't know that- but in defense of Tyrod- I've watched that specific play at least a dozen times, and my POV is he did bounce his head off the turf pretty hard.  Some have posited he was already dinged when he got the coup de gras. Very uncharacteristic of him to go 4\14, when he's usually at least a 50%+ completion guy. Being at the game- it sure looked like the Jets were blitzing Taylor early and often, betting he couldn't react fast enough to find the open receiver. (Hmmm Baker didn't seem to have the same problem) Shades of Bernie at the end of his tenure here in Cleveland.  

Anyway, the Baker Era has begun in Cleveland. Hue's just giving Taylor some respect as a team captain waiting to tell him He's now Mayfield's backup. 

Archived