THE BROWNS BOARD

the curb ur enthusiasm thread, bring it down a notch sportsfans....

Clevfan4life

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Bills were leading  the Vikings 16 to nothing Vikings are my choices for the Super Bowl in the NFC

27-0 now! Yo! And could've been worse because Josh Allen through a beautiful 60 yard bomb that was dropped. 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

SO you think Baker is going to fail or succeed based on how enthusiastic fans are? WTF?

Of course that is not true.   That is what many Steeler fans think.....and we know that they are the stupidest fan base in the NFL.

It is great to be enthusiastic about your team, but it doesn't even amount to a cabbage fart to the actual outcome of games.

On 9/22/2018 at 11:41 PM, Mr. Make-Believe said:

I know it's an improvement over the last couple of years, but I still can't fathom being happy with a four or five win season. Ever. That's the record of a garbage football team. 

I'd be happy with 8-8 (8-7-1). That's not a SB team or even a playoff team. But it's a respectable record. And it shouldn't be too much to ask. 

Hey 8-7-1 is better than .500  :)  

On 9/23/2018 at 5:54 AM, Tour2ma said:

As for the record... still hard for me to see a winning season, because I look at the schedule and after next week it gets nothing, but harder.

antn1fqnugxrhug3eia8

Tour, I'll get back to you after the Raiders game. We win there (BTW, the betting in Vegas is heavy on the Browns, the line dropped by a point) assuming that happens, the only game I'd pencil in as a certain loss is the Chiefs game. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Hey 8-7-1 is better than .500  :)  

Tour, I'll get back to you after the Raiders game. We win there (BTW, the betting in Vegas is heavy on the Browns, the line dropped by a point) assuming that happens, the only game I'd pencil in as a certain loss is the Chiefs game. 

Both are Browns wins. Ma Homos will schidt his pants against the Browns D. The reason the betting in Vegas is favoring the Browns is mostly because the bookies tune in to TBB to read my posts. Stan and I gt a lot of requests to visit the sports books to give pointers in Vegas. Mark it here, dude, the Browns will beat the snot out of the Raiders. 38 - 10

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Both are Browns wins. Ma Homos will schidt his pants against the Browns D. The reason the betting in Vegas is favoring the Browns is mostly because the bookies tune in to TBB to read my posts. Stan and I get a lot of requests to visit the sports books to give pointers in Vegas. Mark it here, dude, the Browns will beat the snot out of the Raiders. 38 - 10

Ya know, I was just doing some preliminary scouting for Da Ray-dah's Game. Gruden might start wishing he stayed in broadcasting, he just might do it if Oakland falls flat on their face. Stay tuned. 

Here's their depth chart:  https://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart  Some impressive names on it.  BUT- A lot of that talent is old.  Just might be the reason they've fallen apart in the 4th quarter of their games. Look for Ward to cover Jordy Nelson- he did rack up an impressive 170 yards in that loss against the Dolphins. No one on their D exactly instills fright in me. Baker plays like he did against the Jets, just might be a blowout for us. 

PS, their offense is putting up a lot of yards #6, but not scoring much- only #28. Defense is middle of the road #19.   

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Browns have to show me a lot more than they have if I'm supposed to.pencil in Chiefs week as a win

Funny thing when I was looking up those team stats on the Raiders.  The only reason everyone is loving on the Chiefs is because Mahomes is putting up video game numbers. Their Defense is putting up video game numbers too- in a bad way. Dead last in yards allowed per game and 30th in points allowed. 

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Funny thing when I was looking up those team stats on the Raiders.   

I think we may see Ward on a much faster 6'1" Amari Cooper than a slowing 6'3"Jordy Nelson? TE Jared Cook scares the heck out of me..big test for a LB'er or Randall..

22 hours ago, hoorta said:

the only game I'd pencil in as a certain loss is the Chiefs game. 

19 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

browns have to show me alot more than they have if im supposed to.pencil in chiefs week as a win

h did not correct you, but I took his post as meaning we were going to lose to the Chiefs.

The Browns tend to struggle on the West coast, but I think this is a very winnable game for them.   Raiders on the other hand should be desperate.   If they lose this game their season could easily fall into a death spiral.   

45 minutes ago, Coyote said:

The Browns tend to struggle on the West coast, but I think this is a very winnable game for them.   Raiders on the other hand should be desperate.   If they lose this game their season could easily fall into a death spiral.   

What's the old saying? The most dangerous team is the one that hasn't won yet. LOL, guess that didn't apply to the Browns last year though. Ditto the above, Raiders will be desperate for their first win- at home. 

As far as hoping for a death spiral is concerned, Raiders only come behind the Steelers and Patriots in my book. The Rovin' Raiders get exactly what they deserve. Enjoy that $100 million Chuckie. Regret shipping Mack out of town yet?  

Archived