THE BROWNS BOARD

Our D just got a lot scarier..

BobPOUND!

Report from yesterday's practice was both Og and Kirk were "limited" participants, so not a done deal.

Of more concern to me is that Burgess and Randall "did not participate".

Also had heard nothing about MG and Landry dealing with a knee. Both were "full participants", so I guess they've just received treatment this week and so have to appear on the report.

Cleveland Browns

Day Player
Wednesday James Burgess Jr., LB
Did Not Participate in Practice (knee)
Wednesday Seth DeValve, TE
Limited Participation in Practice (hamstring)
Wednesday Myles Garrett, DE
Full Participation in Practice (knee)
Wednesday Desmond Harrison, T
Full Participation in Practice (shoulder)
Wednesday Christian Kirksey, LB
Limited Participation in Practice (shoulder, ankle)
Wednesday Jarvis Landry, WR
Wednesday Emmanuel Ogbah, DE
Limited Participation in Practice (ankle)
Wednesday Damarious Randall, CB
Did Not Participate in Practice (heel)
Wednesday Tyrod Taylor, QB

Did Not Participate in Practice (concussion, back)

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/practice.asp

For once our Next man up philosophy isn't all that bad.... I think we will really miss Randall in the middle though.... He is another game changer just in the fact that they don't throw his way.. he is a calming force out there....  I know this is football and people get hurt, but man wouldn't it be great to see ALL our starters out there at the same time. What a sight that would be :) ...

Taylor was cleared to practice today.

Couple other updates and seems Hue is now our GM... 😮

Jackson said he has no intention of trading Taylor, acquired by the Browns in March after he guided Buffalo to the playoffs last season.

Browns safety Damarious Randall worked on the side during practice as he recovers from a heel injury. Linebacker James Burgess was out again with a knee injury.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-qb-taylor-practices-concussion-losing-job-161232977--nfl.html

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Report from yesterday's practice was both Og and Kirk were "limited" participants, so not a done deal.

Of more concern to me is that Burgess and Randall "did not participate".

Also had heard nothing about MG and Landry dealing with a knee. Both were "full participants", so I guess they've just received treatment this week and so have to appear on the report.

Cleveland Browns

Day Player
Wednesday James Burgess Jr., LB
Did Not Participate in Practice (knee)
Wednesday Seth DeValve, TE
Limited Participation in Practice (hamstring)
Wednesday Myles Garrett, DE
Wednesday Desmond Harrison, T
Full Participation in Practice (shoulder)
Wednesday Christian Kirksey, LB
Limited Participation in Practice (shoulder, ankle)
Wednesday Jarvis Landry, WR
Wednesday Emmanuel Ogbah, DE
Limited Participation in Practice (ankle)
Wednesday Damarious Randall, CB
Did Not Participate in Practice (heel)
Wednesday Tyrod Taylor, QB

Did Not Participate in Practice (concussion, back)

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/practice.asp

Randall is likely to play, despite his lack of practice. He was in a medical boot immediately after the game, BUT he was also in a boot most of the previous week too. The boot is only to protect the injury from worsening, and he'll play Sunday. 

I'm ready for the official Browns at Raiders game thread, lol. Does someone usually start that? I don't wanna steal someone's thunder. 

Anyway, it's perhaps strange to feel "concerned" like I do about this game, especially considering our opponent is 0-3, but as I go back and watch the Raiders play, they certainly don't LOOK like a winless team. I'm not gonna say they're the 85 Bears, but they don't give off the vibe of "sucking". To be honest, the biggest reason for their plight is their red zone touchdown percentage, which is around 45% I believe. 

For example, Raiders had a 4th and goal from the 1 yard line recently, and instead of handing off to Beast Mode, they give it to the fullback, who promptly got stuffed. Lynch is one of the best short yardage backs I've seen, and it's plays like this where it really seems like coaches get too cute sometimes. I don't think that kind of mistake gets made again, so we'll need our stout defensive line to earn their wages. 

My heart DESPERATELY wants to predict a win, and I might change my mind, but I envision us losing the game. I'm NOT trying to be a negative azz-hat like I was before, this is simply how I feel about the game. Why? First off, I believe a winless team is dangerous, and it's not like the Raiders are devoid of talent. Yes, they are without Mack (thank goodness), but their corners have played relatively well, and I want to say their defense has played decently the past two weeks. Raiders will be desperate, and they are obviously at home. A super big test for our rookie and our still-gelling offensive line. 

Why else? Lynch kind of scares me a bit, and it seems that the few times our defense let their guard down recently, it was the ground game that hurt us. I don't expect the Raiders to line up 8 tight ends like the Jets did, but Lynch is relentless and will likely require multiple defenders to bring him down. This is a game where Mychal Kendricks' absence will be felt, as his power will be missed. 

And now for the obvious reason:  SPECIAL TEAMS. Not so special, huh? Even in our recent win, we kicked a ball out of bounds, had a punt blocked, we had several obligatory block in the back/holding on return penalties, and our kicker was less than "automatic" despite a perfect stat line. I see this being a VERY close game, and in close games, special teams often make the difference. I don't trust ours for obvious reasons, and that's the main reason for my picking the Raiders to win. As much as it hurts, as much as I REALLY want us to win, I think Raiders win a close contest 27-24. 

Prove me wrong again, boys! Honestly, if I felt better about our kicking situation I'd have no problem picking us to win. Perhaps I should give our young kicker a break? All he can do is make all of his kicks, and he did that. His "banana kick" was NOT confidence inspiring, but ultimately went in. It should be noted that his last extra point was PERFECT, and his last kickoff went completely through the end zone. Maybe he was shaking off the nerves, eh? 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm ready for the official Browns at Raiders game thread, lol. Does someone usually start that? I don't wanna steal someone's thunder. 

Anyway, it's perhaps strange to feel "concerned" like I do about this game, especially considering our opponent is 0-3, but as I go back and watch the Raiders play, they certainly don't LOOK like a winless team. I'm not gonna say they're the 85 Bears, but they don't give off the vibe of "sucking". To be honest, the biggest reason for their plight is their red zone touchdown percentage, which is around 45% I believe. 

For example, Raiders had a 4th and goal from the 1 yard line recently, and instead of handing off to Beast Mode, they give it to the fullback, who promptly got stuffed. Lynch is one of the best short yardage backs I've seen, and it's plays like this where it really seems like coaches get too cute sometimes. I don't think that kind of mistake gets made again, so we'll need our stout defensive line to earn their wages. 

My heart DESPERATELY wants to predict a win, and I might change my mind, but I envision us losing the game. I'm NOT trying to be a negative azz-hat like I was before, this is simply how I feel about the game. Why? First off, I believe a winless team is dangerous, and it's not like the Raiders are devoid of talent. Yes, they are without Mack (thank goodness), but their corners have played relatively well, and I want to say their defense has played decently the past two weeks. Raiders will be desperate, and they are obviously at home. A super big test for our rookie and our still-gelling offensive line. 

Why else? Lynch kind of scares me a bit, and it seems that the few times our defense let their guard down recently, it was the ground game that hurt us. I don't expect the Raiders to line up 8 tight ends like the Jets did, but Lynch is relentless and will likely require multiple defenders to bring him down. This is a game where Mychal Kendricks' absence will be felt, as his power will be missed. 

And now for the obvious reason:  SPECIAL TEAMS. Not so special, huh? Even in our recent win, we kicked a ball out of bounds, had a punt blocked, we had several obligatory block in the back/holding on return penalties, and our kicker was less than "automatic" despite a perfect stat line. I see this being a VERY close game, and in close games, special teams often make the difference. I don't trust ours for obvious reasons, and that's the main reason for my picking the Raiders to win. As much as it hurts, as much as I REALLY want us to win, I think Raiders win a close contest 27-24. 

Prove me wrong again, boys! Honestly, if I felt better about our kicking situation I'd have no problem picking us to win. Perhaps I should give our young kicker a break? All he can do is make all of his kicks, and he did that. His "banana kick" was NOT confidence inspiring, but ultimately went in. It should be noted that his last extra point was PERFECT, and his last kickoff went completely through the end zone. Maybe he was shaking off the nerves, eh? 

Pussy

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Please, be our guest...

Usual starter is a once-a-week visitor that started dropping in a year or two ago. Seems like either an NFL or CB shill.

Until then one of a couple of us started the weekly game thread.

Archived