tinythinker

Predictions four games in? (2018)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Browns win in 2018

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12

On 10/1/2018 at 5:28 PM, tinythinker said:

Did this poll in 2015 and 2017 (missed in 2016), and as per usual you can't always effectively judge a team only 4 games into a season because there is so much time left for change (for better or worse). Still, you can get a much better idea of where you think the season is headed than when you were relying only on preseason observations. So what does it look like from here?

Is this at last a real rebuilding season? Will flags and bounces start tipping games the Browns' way? Have the rookies going to find their footing even more in pro ball as the season developed?

Or is Lucy about to punk Charlie Brown *again* as the lights dim on a promising season?

Your call.

Okay, you started THIS thread before Ghoolie told you there is no Santa Claus.   And today somebody really needs to show everyone in more than 1 thread that he HAS LEARNED!  

Lighten up Nipples!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Okay, you started THIS thread before Ghoolie told you there is no Santa Claus.   And today somebody really needs to show everyone in more than 1 thread that he HAS LEARNED!  

Lighten up Nipples!

???

It's an annual thread. Has nothing to do with any poster. Sooo... do you gave a point or prediction about the win-loss record? Do recent events affect your expectations for this season?

Just now, tinythinker said:

???

It's an annual thread. Has nothing to do with any poster. Sooo... do you gave a point or prediction about the win-loss record? Do recent events affect your expectations for this season?

Try not to act like your screen name.  You're in another thread getting all Coyote Ugly chewing off the arm you put around this team.  Before I misplaced you as a troll or lost Sorority girl, I needed to see you're just frustrated and acting out in the other thread.  Wanted to be fair while busting your chops.

I think I predicted 8-8 in a similar poll so I'll stick with that here.  I'm learning.  I'm only buying my rose colored glasses at the Dollar Store these days...

45 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Try not to act like your screen name. 

...a troll or lost Sorority girl

Can't I be all three? 🤭 It's your call. 😘

You're in another thread getting all Coyote Ugly chewing off the arm you put around this team.  I needed to see you're just frustrated and acting out in the other thread.  Wanted to be fair while busting your chops.

So... you could reply in that thread or specifically call it out here? I don't know which thread you mean.

In one recent thread I posted that I suspect the Browns would have found a way to blow it if they had drafted the current Chiefs star quarterback, and in another I posted that I hope the Browns put up a fight today but that they will likely lose to those same Chiefs. Not sure what the issue is with either.

I've said many time in the past that I generally like to wait and see before passing judgement on major Browns off-season decisions or going all in on thinking a new season will be awesome or awful. Hence this annual poll. I waited and saw what they did with their talent under Coach Jackson for 2 1/2 seasons. I used that informed perspective to render an opinion on what might have happened if Mahomes had come to Cleveland instead of KC (short version: they would found a way to blow it somehow).

If you think I am wrong and that Hue & Co. would have done an excellent job grooming and developing Mahomes that is your opinion and you have every right to it. I don't see it myself. I ended that convo with Dutch Oven by writing, "In any case we grabbed three great rookies this season, so hopefully the past is prologue rather than destiny." In other words, the Browns now have someone with Mahomes-type potential so hopefully we get new staff that can take advantage of that fact.

As for the blandly written prediction that the Chiefs are likely to win today, that doesn't seem like a "Browns suck" rant to me. It's just true that the Browns are in a challenging place right now, compounded by having just lost two coaches, and they are going up against a team that has it together and is rolling this season.

But if it was all chops-bustin' at least I got to clarify for anyone who might have actually got worked up over my short takes.

I think I predicted 8-8 in a similar poll so I'll stick with that here.  I'm learning.  I'm only buying my rose colored glasses at the Dollar Store these days...

Hmm... bold call 👀   It would pretty wild if the Browns pulled it together in the second half of the season but the Dollar stores always have that strong, weird, rubber-plastic smell that seems strongest near the food section 🤢

3 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

Can't I be all three? 🤭 It's your call. 😘

So... you could reply in that thread or specifically call it out here? I don't know which thread you mean.

In one recent thread I posted that I suspect the Browns would have found a way to blow it if they had drafted the current Chiefs star quarterback, and in another I posted that I hope the Browns put up a fight today but that they will likely lose to those same Chiefs. Not sure what the issue is with either.

I've said many time in the past that I generally like to wait and see before passing judgement on major Browns off-season decisions or going all in on thinking a new season will be awesome or awful. Hence this annual poll. I waited and saw what they did with their talent under Coach Jackson for 2 1/2 seasons. I used that informed judgment to render an opinion on what might have happened if Mahomes had come to Cleveland instead of KC (short version: they would found a way to blow it somehow).

If you think I am wrong and that Hue & Co. would have done an excellent job grooming and developing Mahomes that is your opinion and you have every right to it. I don't see it myself. I ended that convo with Dutch Oven by writing, "In any case we grabbed three great rookies this season, so hopefully the past is prologue rather than destiny." In other words, the Browns now have someone with Mahomes-type potential so hopefully we get new staff that can take advantage of that fact.

As for the blandly written prediction that the Chiefs are likely to win today, that doesn't seem like a "Browns suck" rant to me. It's just true that the Browns are in a challenging place right now, compounded by having just lost two coaches, and they are going up against a team that has it together and is rolling this season.

But if it was all chops-bustin' at least I got to clarify for anyone who might have actually got worked up over my short takes.

Hmm... bold call 👀   It would pretty wild if the Browns pulled it together in the second half of the season but the Dollar stores always have that strong, weird, rubber-plastic smell that seems strongest near the food section 🤢

Fair enough... You even got this crotchety old bastard laughing.   Next time I'll make sure I don't have half an acre of coffee bean in me. 

36 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

👀but the Dollar stores always have that strong, weird, rubber-plastic smell that seems strongest near the food section 🤢

You must shop at he one where Ghoolie does his accordion gigs.🧐🎼

Archived