THE BROWNS BOARD

Some things will never change

Ghoolie

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I hate saying this, because it will come off like I'm defending Hue, but let's say the Browns fired Hue at the end of last season. 

And let's say that Matt Nagy or Frank Reich or whoever had piloted the Browns this season to the EXACT same results.

I can guarantee you no one (yet) would be calling for the new guy's head, and the new guy would be universally hailed for getting this team to look like a real competitive squad, and if it wasn't for the kicker or the refs or just plain dumb luck this new coach would have the Browns at 4-0. This board would have loved him going for 2, and would have never questioned not going for it on 4th and inches from his own 19. 

Your logic is myopic. More than at any time since he was hired, Hue Jackson MUST be fired this season..........the sooner the better, and if he isn't fired, he will fukck this team worse than even the worst Steeler fan as our head coach in the world could fukck this team. Every week in the NFL there will be stupid plays and bad calls that could have changed the outcome of a game. Fans are simpletons. They point to one thing that sticks out and harp on it. HOWEVER..............you can review EVERY SINGLE BROWNS LOSS and you will find multiple buffoon decisions made by Hue Jackson. EVERY FUKCING WEEK.........this head coach has done things that have hurt his team. Since I called for his head, AFTER 1 QTR of his FIRST preseason game, Hue Jackson has been consistent.......

All his teams, regardless of the roster, drop passes, fumble, commit stupid penalties, miss tackles, blow coverages, and in general play disorganized, low-intensity football. Last week, Hue Jackson did more to lose the game than the refs bad calls did.

For the first time since 1999, I can see that this team has a quality roster, and i believe, if brought along properly, a great QB.

Hue Jackson is cancer. He will spoil this team, he will demoralize it, de-energize it, sap it of confidence, and he will ruin the psyche and perhaps the physical well-being o  his players. This team needs a strong, steady hand. It needs a leader, a teacher who can help young players learn the finer points of football behavior. The team needs a leader, and unless you are really a fukcking moron, surely you know Hue Jackson is not, in any way, shape or form respected as a leader by the Browns players.

Hue is the Black Uncle Fester. He is a jackoff.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Flugel said:

And how many more times do you need to see Cleveland ownership since 99 hiring HCs this fan base can't wait to see fired within 2-3 years?  I'll take the 2 mulligans and swim against popular opinion now that I'm finally seeing a team with a chance to win every game it has played at the end of regulation/OT. I whole-heartedly agree it needs to start turning into wins; but you gotta be careful with what type of solutions you choose during a season that has 12 games left. 

If this team continues the whole year losing games they had chances to win - you'll get your wish. We'll end up with one of Ryan Brothers as our Next HC and I'll remind you why I told you to be careful what you wished for.  It's probably be the one that looks like Captain Kangaroo with a pony tail.  You know that'll happen instead of someone like Jim Schwartz that took a franchise like Detroilet to the playoffs not too long after they went 0-16.

Let's say we knee jerk to your wishes and fire him today.  We name one of the Coordinators HC which pisses off the other Coordinator.  In the process, we escalate Ken Zampese to OC (research how that went in Cincy last year) if Haley is the Interim or Haley multi-tasks (what we wanted to get away from this year from the HC position.  If it's Williams now we promote a coach on the defensive side that may not be ready or he gets in over his head trying to stay on as DC and multi-tasking that with HC duties. More specifically, we just gave a box of matches to a pyromaniac and got all comfortable because we told him to be careful.  

Let's not pretend there's a bunch of unemployed coaches ready to be the next Bill Belichick or Paul Brown as early as this week.  Doesn't work like that and never has... 

THIS. ALL OF THIS. 

What I've been saying for basically forever. So if you fire all these coaches, who the HECK are you bringing in? Are we completely hitting the reset button? Do we have to start drafting new players for a new system? How many times has THAT worked? Remember how obnoxious that is? Do we just promote one of the coordinators? What would that accomplish? I just don't get the fire Hue mentality. This is the first quarter of the season where Hue is the "CEO" type coach. I'm not ready to blow it up. Not close. 

I just read an article saying the name being circulated around as Hue's possible replacement is Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma. I don't really know if this is just sport writer conjecture or if it has legs, but he's obviously Baker's former coach, and I'm guessing that's where the fascination begins. That being said, I don't remember too many college coaches having success in the pros. 

Anyway, I'm still in the keep Hue and company camp. I seriously doubt that will change this year. 

16 hours ago, nickers said:

So.. I guess what your saying is you would rather stand by .. And pretend your wife isnt cheating on you.. I mean.. Thats what it feels like to me.... he gets the next 6 games to show me something..If goes less than 500. . he gets till the end of the year... if he goes less than 2.5.. He's outtie... if we have a losing season.. Someone has to take the fall.. its all about business..... if we go 500 or eek out a wild card.. He definitely stays...

Nicks, I totally get your frustration. I've lost as much confidence in him as the next guy the last 2 years. So why am I not swimming with the current that wants him gone today in spite of some temptations to do so? 

This season could go north or south right now with 2 losses 4 weeks into things.  He's finally given himself more of a chance to be a HC than someone part timing OC with QB Coach on top of taking on the HC position he totally under-estimated the challenge of here like countless others before him. This off season, he self evaluated (prolly with encouragement from the FO). I wanted a new OC with the autonomy to run HIS offense and I got it.  I wanted a new STs Coordinator and UNFORTUNATELY - I got it.  Every Sunday I'm watching what looks like an unsupervised Special Education field trip with HOPE at some point Josh Cribbs takes over that ST Coordinator full time.  That is an area I think Hue can be of help since he has a background there.  If we're going to fire anyone I'm okay with giving the ST Coordinator his walking papers.  Josh was a QB in college so there's leadership credentials on his resume that should work well here.  He was also once an underrated gunner on our punt coverage teams (despite that not being used there long term). 

Aside from that, backing ourselves into choosing 1 Coordinator over the other for the Interim HC job is planting a steel toe Sheet shitkicker right between the lookers on someone drastically improving their side of the ball.  You do that in front of a young team and do you know what goes viral all over again?   "You don't want to play in Cleveland!"  This is definitely a be careful what you wish for IMO.

The time to pour gas and light a match on close but no cigar isn't when we're only 4 weeks in with just 2 losses.   It's a young team that should be feeling like if they just cleaned up the 1-2 plays they lose by; winning isn't just doable - it's realistic! 

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Your logic is myopic. More than at any time since he was hired, Hue Jackson MUST be fired this season..........the sooner the better, and if he isn't fired, he will fukck this team worse than even the worst Steeler fan as our head coach in the world could fukck this team. Every week in the NFL there will be stupid plays and bad calls that could have changed the outcome of a game. Fans are simpletons. They point to one thing that sticks out and harp on it. HOWEVER..............you can review EVERY SINGLE BROWNS LOSS and you will find multiple buffoon decisions made by Hue Jackson. EVERY FUKCING WEEK.........this head coach has done things that have hurt his team. Since I called for his head, AFTER 1 QTR of his FIRST preseason game, Hue Jackson has been consistent.......

All his teams, regardless of the roster, drop passes, fumble, commit stupid penalties, miss tackles, blow coverages, and in general play disorganized, low-intensity football. Last week, Hue Jackson did more to lose the game than the refs bad calls did.

For the first time since 1999, I can see that this team has a quality roster, and i believe, if brought along properly, a great QB.

Hue Jackson is cancer. He will spoil this team, he will demoralize it, de-energize it, sap it of confidence, and he will ruin the psyche and perhaps the physical well-being o  his players. This team needs a strong, steady hand. It needs a leader, a teacher who can help young players learn the finer points of football behavior. The team needs a leader, and unless you are really a fukcking moron, surely you know Hue Jackson is not, in any way, shape or form respected as a leader by the Browns players.

You called for Bill Belichick's head on the opening kickoff of his first preseason game too. You've done that with every HC before contract ink dried.  Jerry Springer takes your "I really need attention real life deprives me of" to a strange niche full of male cheerleaders like Stink and the Steel Orphans.   Any 12 year old pimple faced kid that chicks aren't digging can do that.  But you're 63 years old considering that living the dream.  That's why you had to beg Atenears who you slandered once upon a time on another board when he kenneled your asss on our old board.  I'm sure he's sick of his Facebook and his cell phone lighting up every time Zombo plays too rough with you!  Yes, he has fun partying with you in Vegas but he also knows first-hand you're a psycho online.

Anyway, weren't you just posting a ton of warm and fuzzy change of heartsies about Hue all 10 days leading up to the Oakland game?  Are you even aware how often both sides of your mouth you talk out of?  One week a QB is our only choice - another Barkley is your franchise messiah.  Way to set up the "I called it" thing.  Those Giants are really crushing people aren't they?  One minute you're betting heavy in Vegas on this team doing well - the next you're going back all Norman Bates headed to Vegas with "MOTHER SAYS WE'RE ONLY WINNING 1 GAME!"  

Take your meds, exhale and commit to 1 personality in here.  We know there's a lot of Toms in this world but only 1 Ghoolie.  But when you keep Coyote Uglying Ghoolie for "just call me Tom" - don't expect any credit for the told you so.  That's just as chicken shittt as you not showing up for our fight in Nashville you announced on the board in 2016 because your gold fish was dying of a brain tumor under Ghoolie Hospice. Gips and Hoorta came into town for it all so I hope they got a better excuse than I did. BTW, it's not any more difficult to predict the sun will shine in a Florida summer than it has been to predict any new coach inheriting the sins of the prior regimes since 99 will struggle. You're just the only wanting credit...

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

THIS. ALL OF THIS. 

What I've been saying for basically forever. So if you fire all these coaches, who the HECK are you bringing in? Are we completely hitting the reset button? Do we have to start drafting new players for a new system? How many times has THAT worked? Remember how obnoxious that is? Do we just promote one of the coordinators? What would that accomplish? I just don't get the fire Hue mentality. This is the first quarter of the season where Hue is the "CEO" type coach. I'm not ready to blow it up. Not close. 

I just read an article saying the name being circulated around as Hue's possible replacement is Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma. I don't really know if this is just sport writer conjecture or if it has legs, but he's obviously Baker's former coach, and I'm guessing that's where the fascination begins. That being said, I don't remember too many college coaches having success in the pros. 

Anyway, I'm still in the keep Hue and company camp. I seriously doubt that will change this year. 

Someone told me they heard Joe Thomas recently on the radio say Hue is the best Head Coach he has played for.  Do you know who else said he is a great Coach? Andrew Whitworth (sp?).  The point IS he isn't throwing his 100% empowered Coordinators under the bus in the media when they're not cleaning up the countless penalties.  He's been talking about it since Hard Knocks right?  EVERYONE is in such a hurry to pin all the blame on Hue - they're CHOOSING to miss that.  When we drop 9 passes, fumble a snap and have 4 turnovers - are we going to give ANY credit to the Coordinator?  Why not?  How about the extremely well paid PROFESSIONALS?  Not at all once again?

And STs is a train wreck so Hue announced he was going to take his background in that area and help Cribbs and the Rent-a-Wreck Coordinator of that.  Baltimore has always beat us at least once a year on STs alone.  Remember that night game 2-3 years ago when we're attempting a go ahead FG and Baltimore doesn't just block it - they scored a TD with just seconds remaining. After being a strength coach - Harbaugh was a ST coach so he makes sure that phase of the game remains reliable.

And, not for nothing, is this youth football or PRO Football?  Can we start to hold PLAYERS getting 6-8 digit salaries to the standard of 9 drops is unacceptable or do we baby that to blaming just the HC like so many fans want to auto-default that to?  If they demand the salary of an entertainer - then I suggest they up their entertainment level to something more tolerable than 9 drops.  Last but not least, how about making Callaway earn his reps because last time I looked - 10 receptions in 25 targets is really struggling...

43 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Someone told me they heard Joe Thomas recently on the radio say Hue is the best Head Coach he has played for.  Do you know who else said he is a great Coach? Andrew Whitworth (sp?).  The point IS he isn't throwing his 100% empowered Coordinators under the bus in the media when they're not cleaning up the countless penalties.  He's been talking about it since Hard Knocks right?  EVERYONE is in such a hurry to pin all the blame on Hue - they're CHOOSING to miss that.  When we drop 9 passes, fumble a snap and have 4 turnovers - are we going to give ANY credit to the Coordinator?  Why not?  How about the extremely well paid PROFESSIONALS?  Not at all once again?

And STs is a train wreck so Hue announced he was going to take his background in that area and help Cribbs and the Rent-a-Wreck Coordinator of that.  Baltimore has always beat us at least once a year on STs alone.  Remember that night game 2-3 years ago when we're attempting a go ahead FG and Baltimore doesn't just block it - they scored a TD with just seconds remaining. After being a strength coach - Harbaugh was a ST coach so he makes sure that phase of the game remains reliable.

And, not for nothing, is this youth football or PRO Football?  Can we start to hold PLAYERS getting 6-8 digit salaries to the standard of 9 drops is unacceptable or do we baby that to blaming just the HC like so many fans want to auto-default that to?  If they demand the salary of an entertainer - then I suggest they up their entertainment level to something more tolerable than 9 drops.  Last but not least, how about making Callaway earn his reps because last time I looked - 10 receptions in 25 targets is really struggling...

I'd say we're on the exact same page. Callaway is really frustrating me, and perhaps my biggest annoyance was the dropped 2 point conversion. Did you really watch that play? The stellar blocking of the OL? The immense patience from our rookie QB? The supreme accuracy of the throw? What BOTHERS me is the total lack of concentration by Callaway. When you slow it down and look at the drop, you see him lazily trying to make the catch. Just waiting for the ball to make it to him, and not tightly securing the catch whatsoever. Yes, the defender made a nice play, but there's no excuse for dropping that ball. It was inexcusable. I'm so tired of everyone doing their job but one guy, ya know? Callaway has immense talent, and to his credit, he does get open deep and we've missed him every time but once. I really hope he progresses because I understand he's young, but I'm also tired of excuses. 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Flugs-Hue doesn't need to help the ST coach, he needs to replace him. He absolutely sucks and Hue needs to concentrate on handling game day better, not STs.

Agreed; but this time of year our choice of unemployed football coaches that would be interested and talented enough to change 1 phase of our team from Special Education to Special Teams seems unlikely until the volume of candidates opens up after the season. That being the case, I don't mind Hue assisting Cribbs and Rent-a-Wreck from here on out as he stated this week.  That's the 1 unit that needs the most baby sitting IMO....  It's been a train wreck since we lost guys like ST Coaches like Dasher and Seeley back when we put Pontbriand, Cribbs and Dawson in Pro Bowls.  

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

You called for Bill Belichick's head on the opening kickoff of his first preseason game too. You've done that with every HC before contract ink dried.  Jerry Springer takes your "I really need attention real life deprives me of" to a strange niche full of male cheerleaders like Stink and the Steel Orphans.   Any 12 year old pimple faced kid that chicks aren't digging can do that.  But you're 63 years old considering that living the dream.  That's why you had to beg Atenears who you slandered once upon a time on another board when he kenneled your asss on our old board.  I'm sure he's sick of his Facebook and his cell phone lighting up every time Zombo plays too rough with you!  Yes, he has fun partying with you in Vegas but he also knows first-hand you're a psycho online.

Anyway, weren't you just posting a ton of warm and fuzzy change of heartsies about Hue all 10 days leading up to the Oakland game?  Are you even aware how often both sides of your mouth you talk out of?  One week a QB is our only choice - another Barkley is your franchise messiah.  Way to set up the "I called it" thing.  Those Giants are really crushing people aren't they?  One minute you're betting heavy in Vegas on this team doing well - the next you're going back all Norman Bates headed to Vegas with "MOTHER SAYS WE'RE ONLY WINNING 1 GAME!"  

Take your meds, exhale and commit to 1 personality in here.  We know there's a lot of Toms in this world but only 1 Ghoolie.  But when you keep Coyote Uglying Ghoolie for "just call me Tom" - don't expect any credit for the told you so.  That's just as chicken shittt as you not showing up for our fight in Nashville you announced on the board in 2016 because your gold fish was dying of a brain tumor under Ghoolie Hospice. Gips and Hoorta came into town for it all so I hope they got a better excuse than I did. BTW, it's not any more difficult to predict the sun will shine in a Florida summer than it has been to predict any new coach inheriting the sins of the prior regimes since 99 will struggle. You're just the only wanting credit...

I am.going to call.you Miss Ford as you make up schidt that never happened . I was firmly.behond Belichik from day one. Youight want to check you allegations with hoorta.

Regarding Nashville; bro, on my.list of what I want to do on Sunday, a 3 hour drive to watch a live football game is just a notch above having smegma on my morning toast. 

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am.going to call.you Miss Ford as you make up schidt that never happened . I was firmly.behond Belichik from day one. Youight want to check you allegations with hoorta.

Regarding Nashville; bro, on my.list of what I want to do on Sunday, a 3 hour drive to watch a live football game is just a notch above having smegma on my morning toast. 

I wasnt here or another board for BB, but he is ABSOLUTELY telling the truth on the other flip flopping. But hey, I am sure you have a great explanation for it, or a nasty reply, or both

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Hoorta was in Nashville and so was Gips. You Sally'd out sissy!  Don't make promises you can't keep. You started a thread about it.  You hated Belichick until hind sight 20/20.  Geee, what a surprise!

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Another problem is our crook of an owner who is a Steelers fan.

Archived