THE BROWNS BOARD

A Case For Hue

roach

On 10/12/2018 at 8:01 AM, Tour2ma said:

Left...

I watched that JB run live and was slack-jawed...

Different than the Barkley run last nite, but remarkable in its own way...

Back then Bark's run last nite would have drawn at least three flags. Back in the day "hurdling" was illegal. I've no idea when the rule was rescinded.

Hurdling WAS NOT illegal in Jim Browns time. What the hell are you reading, dude?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Orion said:

......and why do you think that would be?  It's because you act like such a dickhead.  

Look, you're correct a lot.  But sometimes you're not and just THINK you are.  (and a LOT of us are right a lot...we just don't go on and on about it)

Is Barkley proving to be all he was hyped up to be?  Maybe so.  But he's STILL a running back and not a QB.  We had the #1 overall pick and were in dire need of a QB (like we've been for 20 years).  Now, if there were no decent QB's in the draft then Barkley would've been the pick.  Dorsey took what he believes is the best QB in the entire draft...and he felt that he was good enough to be taken #1...over Barkley.   And at this point in time, he was right.  The QB is just Soooo much more important than any other position on the field.  We would not be as competitive as we are right now had we taken Barkley instead of Baker.  

When you consider that a high pick RB can be inserted into the starting line up from day one.....and that QB's require more of a learning process (especially the way the college QB position has evolved AWAY from the NFL QB position) it's surprising how natural Baker looks.  Our team went from the 1st half of the Jets game, looking like an offense that was not going to win a single game this season.......to the second half of the Jets game, looking like a real, honest to God, football team.  That was accomplished by Baker Mayfield.....and would NOT have been accomplished by Barkley.

.........having said all of that, I think our depleted WR position will doom us to a loss this week against the Chargers. 

Well said!  Do you know what the biggest difference between Jim Brown and TO was?   After scoring a TD, Jim Brown never had to remind every viewer in the seats he just scored.  He'd been there before and he knew he'd return many more times. Anyone that has to announce he's right all the time hasn't ever convinced himself of that, which leaves him with the same little man syndrome TO never stopped suffering from. It's too bad all people ever saw out of Me-O was meow. Same with Ghoolie when all he can say today is he can't embrace THIS particular team after he's cornered himself so far past the point of no return that it is a conflict of interest for him to root for this franchise. That's not a fan - it's a troll that needs this franchise to lose to gain the attention real life consistently deprives him of. He'll be chest pounding every week we lose in celebration.

In any event, Ghoolie loves to conveniently forget his bold assurances like all teams should just recruit a bunch of 350-400 lb SUMO Wrestlers (that can't get out of their stances within the 3-4 seconds an average NFL play lasts) to be their offensive lines with.  He takes 1 exception to every rule and makes it the rule like his favorite team for instance.  Pittsburgh has 2 first round draft picks on their Oline (DeCastro and Pouncey) and 1 second round pick (Gilbert).  That being the case, Ghoolie can't want to post Pittsburgh never drafts any offensive linemen high because their LT is an UFA.

I agree with your point the WR position is a concern this week.  Then again, when we played NY - Baker got 0 reps with first string WRs in practice that week.  It'll be interesting to see what the 6'3" Ratley brings especially considering we prioritized him more than Willies in the draft (for whatever that may mean if anything). There should be some degree of chemistry with Ratley based on how long Baker didn't  work with the ones (like we saw with Willies).

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Again, nobody here has been as accurate as I. NOBODY.

DRUw.gif      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo Lynch?   

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

DRUw.gif      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo Lynch?   

How is the ACC's NEXT Lawrence Taylor off the edge doing for those red hot Bronco's anyway?  They kept the Jets and their rookie QB (with 3 TD passes that game) under 40 points last week so as the movie title reminds us "Hope Floats".    Sometimes you gotta have more than 1 corner in order to enable the double edge sword to finish the job up front.   Denver also gave up 323 yards on the ground to the Jets with 219 of them from Crowell. 

18 minutes ago, Flugel said:

How is the ACC's NEXT Lawrence Taylor off the edge doing for those red hot Bronco's anyway?   

my post are prepared. you were the only one to acknowledge that B.Chubb played on a defensive line, post ranked #2 at NCST that was loaded with draft picks.that i witness fall apart every week..nothing's changed :o

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

my post are prepared. you were the only one to acknowledge that B.Chubb played on a defensive line, post ranked #2 that was loaded with draft picks.that i witness fall apart every week..nothing's changed :o

That's why you get more fanny pats than a college fraternity pledge.  I've seen Aaron Rodgers keep Pittsburgh's Pro Bowl Edge Rush a country mile away throughout a SB Sunday eating up uncontested short routes from his receivers like Pez.  Doesn't take as long as people think to get the guys on the edge gas'd.  I'm glad there was a commitment to improving our corners outside so we can see the value of Garrett and other pass rushers suddenly getting to the QB with better contested routes. 

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

With all due respect, NOBODY has been as correct as I, nor on as many things. HOWEVER...................when I am wrong, I don't run and hide, I come back and admit when I was wrong. I made several self-deprecating jokes about Paxton Lynch, and most recently the 2018 draft. I openly ate crow over the Baker choice, and I have given props to Dorsey for banging the draft out of the ballpark.  

But look at the reaction of some people. Hoorta thinks that my maintaining that Barkley is the best player out of the 2018 draft is trolling. Never mind that 9 out of 10 sports experts are saying the same thing. What the fukck is wrong with you people that reality upsets you? This fukcing jackoff Hoorta thinks EVERYTHING that doesn't agree with him is trolling.

Frankly, even with what we know, if I could be given a shot at the draft, I would have taken Barkley #1 and I believe we still would have got Baker. He would still have been around at #4.

HOWEVER..................... the latest thing to pizz Hoorta the Hoola Hoop and Foolgel is what Zomblow reiterated..................... THAT I WAS CORRECTAMUNDO ABOUT JOE THOMAS BEING A DUD.....

For him being SOOOOOOOOOo great, we haven't missed a single step without him.... have we?  How the hell can Joe Thomas be a HOF player............ and then get replaced with a nobody....who does just as well? How?

BECAUSE OFFENSIVE LINEMEN ARE A DIME A DOZEN.   JOE THOMAS WAS A FRAUD.  HE WAS NOTHING SPECIAL. He is gone, and nobody is missing him.

Bull Sh!t alert.   

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, you are really fukced up. My saying Barkley was the best pick int he 2018 draft is trolling? Seriously, you need some fukcing help. Baker would have been available at #4. Barkley is a great back.

Barkley may be the best player out of the draft, maybe not, we are less than a half season in. Remember RG3? Yea the same one who won the ROY. And RBs aren't nearly as conducive to winning. Look at the one you are touting. Barkley (as the best player in the draft) has 1 win. Had over 200 yards on Thursday and lost by 20+.

As for your premise that Baker would have been there at 4, probably not. Had Barkley not been available, the NYG probably do the smart thing and take a QB (probably Darnold). Then the NYJ had already traded up to 3, and did so to draft a QB. They were most closely linked to BM pre draft. Had it actually worked out in your scenario, the Browns then have Baker and Barkley, yet no Ward who is at the moment the DROY, and a BIG part of the D.

I am in a generous mood, so I wont go after you and your premise about how great you are, at least not today

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

BECAUSE OFFENSIVE LINEMEN ARE A DIME A DOZEN.   JOE THOMAS WAS A FRAUD.  HE WAS NOTHING SPECIAL. He is gone, and nobody is missing him.

Care to ask Mayfield about that right now? :lol:

And it's nobody has been as ACCURATE as me not I.......if we're discussing accuracy. Just sayin'.  ;)

Substituting the two words "I am" for the word "me" is also correct because it is a propositional phrase. Therefore, "She is as fast as I am" is also correct. What is incorrect is to drop off the "am" and say "she is as fast as I" which is clearly wrong because it is no longer a prepositional phrase, that is to say having both a subject "I" and a verb "am". If you drop off the "am" it goes from being a prepositional phrase to the rule that a preposition must take an object "me". 

Summary:
She is as fast as me. CORRECT
She is as fast as I am. CORRECT
She is as fast as I. WRONG   <----- careful before you rant on others!

Gool, you think you're god or king or something, guess what you're not. There are a lot of good football and especially BROWNS guys on this board many way better than me I can guarantee you that. I think you need another time out.

So... is the idea now to feed the troll until he explodes?

I can kick in "a wafer thin mint"...

... and suggest a screen name change to Mr. Creosote.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:16 PM, Orion said:

...and look at how cool our uni's were back then.  (rare that we were in our brown jersey.  just like the Cowboys, they hardly ever wore their blue.)

That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

5 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Barkley may be the best player out of the draft, maybe not, we are less than a half season in. Remember RG3? Yea the same one who won the ROY. And RBs aren't nearly as conducive to winning. Look at the one you are touting. Barkley (as the best player in the draft) has 1 win. Had over 200 yards on Thursday and lost by 20+.

As for your premise that Baker would have been there at 4, probably not. Had Barkley not been available, the NYG probably do the smart thing and take a QB (probably Darnold). Then the NYJ had already traded up to 3, and did so to draft a QB. They were most closely linked to BM pre draft. Had it actually worked out in your scenario, the Browns then have Baker and Barkley, yet no Ward who is at the moment the DROY, and a BIG part of the D.

I am in a generous mood, so I wont go after you and your premise about how great you are, at least not today

He's great at Flamebaiting, the undisputed Champ in that regard. 

I won't feed Mr. Troll anymore in this thread. But sure- Saquon was probably the best player in this draft that wasn't a quarterback. Franchise QB trumps anything else by a large margin. He's sticking his head in the sand (as usual) when it's been pointed out the Giants aren't going to be doing doo-doo until they replace a washed up Eli Manning, and probably can Pat Shure-loss on top of it. I freaking hate Stephen A Smith- but I did love it when he laid into Shure-loss essentially calling him an in over his head clueless offensive coordinator wannabe head coach. 

BTW I totally agree Baker wouldn't have been there at #4 for us, as you said the Jets would almost certainly have taken him. 

I'm tired of pointing out- a great RB is a nice complimentary piece- assuming you already have a franchise QB, (Rams, Gurley\Goff) but the Browns sure as hell didn't have one before the draft.  LOL, Brady has won how many Super Bowls, and I'd bet $1,000 bucks Trollie couldn't name three of their running backs in that stretch without looking. 

Oh- Trollie was spouting off how we blew it passing on Wentz to take Coleman (he was far from the only one with that opinion), so no bonus points there. Now we take a QB first, and all of a sudden Barkley was the right pick? F- that crap. Guy plays whatever side of the fence suits his argument. 

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

Back then us and the Cowboys almost always wore the white jerseys....home or away.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Are you sure about that?

There's been some teams that have worn their white jerseys at home on the regular, like the Browns and Cowboys, but I can't think of a time period in the NFL's history where this was standard for the entire league. I've read that your theory was the reason the Cowboys wore their whites (along with the heat of Texas)… 

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo?

mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

I'm happy to report, for a reason I can't explain my Mod Powers have been mysteriously upgraded......   Ghoolie's leash just got a lot shorter.   :)   

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm happy to report,   

it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

Amazing, isn't it? 

I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

In the past three years...that equals what? 3 wins. Look out dance hall, it's party time!

A case for Hue?

He makes rookie head coaches look genius like?

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you sure about that?

There's been some teams that have worn their white jerseys at home on the regular, like the Browns and Cowboys, but I can't think of a time period in the NFL's history where this was standard for the entire league. I've read that your theory was the reason the Cowboys wore their whites (along with the heat of Texas)… 

Yup, I am...

It was the policy, which is not the same as a hard and fast rule. The Old, Yankee Stadium NYGs almost exclusively wore their Blue jerseys at home. They were one of the exceptions.

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Amazing, isn't it? 

I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

I said it here last week and its definitely true of the shit I'm scrolling through today.   There are people who visit this board who are definitely happier when the Browns lose than they are when they win.  

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

I said it here last week and its definitely true of the Sheet I'm scrolling through today.   There are people who visit this board who are definitely happier when the Browns lose than they are when they win.  

Without a doubt. 

There's one guy specifically that is so obvious in his rooting AGAINST the team he allegedly loves, . Then again, his love for the Browns is a fairly new one. 

Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

Whats the definition of insanity again..?

1AFBB65C-D528-4C7A-A955-26B6F61E68A7.jpeg

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

Who's going to coach the team if you fire Hue in the middle of the season?   What effect will that have on the either offensive or defensive units when the head coordinator is now the head coach?  When has a team firing its coach in the middle of the season actually made much of a difference?

He's not going anywhere this early in the season.  It's not going to happen.  The team is still 2-3-1, still "in the hunt for the playoffs" though I don't think that's a reality this season.   The Jags (who are a good team with high expectations) just got their asses handed to them by a very average Cowboys team.  Should they fire their coach too?

This is all a discussion for after the season and we see how the rest of the season plays out.   But the fire Hue crowd really needs to give it a rest because it just ain't happening at this point in the season.

Archived