6 hours ago, Ian the brown taylor said:

Hello

Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways 

Then hire car to Cleveland 

Was not that bad 

Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days 

About 80 dollars two tickets 

Plus hotel and BnB 

That's a pretty fair drive from Toronto to Cleveland. Google says 5 hours.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Rekd Barn has been closed for a long time.

Right there another OHIO based restaurant chain closes for good. When I started at YSU in 1968 it was the only fast food restaurant there, always liked their food.

But I would try and stick with the remaining and established ma' & pa' restaurants in particular the good hunkie and Italian restaurants, some fine pizza and other specialties here. :)

F42ro-1452204763-962-list_items-red_barn-1.jpg

This thread makes me want to return for a third time! I love Cleveland. 

It’ll happen i’m sure just not this year. 

I ended up pretty drunk one night and asked a cab driver to take me to a place I could get a late night burger. It was Rally’s which I’ve since learned nobody there likes but I know that at the time it was damn tasty 

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Ours (Dayton) was torn down- and there's a car wash in it's place now.  :)   

Dayton was the Red Barn headquarters.  When I was in my MBA studies we did a lot on franchises why they succeed and failed.

21 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I ended up pretty drunk one night and asked a cab driver to take me to a place I could get a late night burger. It was Rally’s which I’ve since learned nobody there likes but I know that at the time it was damn tasty 

Hey it will be somewhat different NO LeBron, two new coaches, but the Indians still hanging in......and plenty of eating and drinking spots.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ours (Dayton) was torn down- and there's a car wash in it's place now.  :)   

The one in Ravenna was turned into the truck sales office for the Dodge dealership across the street. 

Another one in Stow was an auto parts store on Rt 59, I think it might have been torn down recently. 

From what I was told, Red Barns sold alcohol? 

On 10/27/2018 at 5:45 AM, Ian the brown taylor said:

Greetings from the UK - browns fans 

I am visiting for the Kansas city chiefs game 

This will be my first trip to Cleveland 

What's the best place to have a few beers and tailgate and talk to fellow browns fans 

Downtown Cleveland kind of sucks I'm sorry to say. It's just a hop skip and jump to more happening areas though,Ohio city and  lakewood to the west, university circle / Coventry / little Italy to the east, and Tremont to the South are all within a few miles and all more happening than downtown, which is mostly a ghost town after a certain time. 

12 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Downtown Cleveland kind of sucks I'm sorry to say. It's just a hop skip and jump to more happening areas though,Ohio city and  lakewood to the west, university circle / Coventry / little Italy to the east, and Tremont to the South are all within a few miles and all more happening than downtown, which is mostly a ghost town after a certain time. 

It might’ve been that way in the 1970s when I went to law school there but it’s not that way now. The warehouse District E. 4th St. all those places are hopping at night

48 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The one in Ravenna was turned into the truck sales office for the Dodge dealership across the street. 

Another one in Stow was an auto parts store on Rt 59, I think it might have been torn down recently. 

Maybe some very local zoning thing?  Never heard of that. 

9 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Lol all tastes better after a few beers 

I'm looking forward to first visit 

I'm sure like you I would go again soon as possible 

23 hours ago, Ian the brown taylor said:

Hello

Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways 

Then hire car to Cleveland 

Was not that bad 

Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days 

About 80 dollars two tickets 

Plus hotel and BnB 

That doesn't sound too bad...i would have to multiply that by 5 though...missus and 3 kids!! 😥

Would love to do it though at some point. Have fun and let us know how it went 👍

4 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

That doesn't sound too bad...i would have to multiply that by 5 though...missus and 3 kids!! 😥

Would love to do it though at some point. Have fun and let us know how it went 👍

Why would you need to bring them if you were just basically coming over for a football game?  The other Brits that come over regularly do not bring their whole families.  Now, if you planned on spending an extended vacation here, sure... but just for a weekend?

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why would you need to bring them if you were just basically coming over for a football game?  The other Brits that come over regularly do not bring their whole families.  Now, if you planned on spending an extended vacation here, sure... but just for a weekend?

You don’t sound too familiar with the mentality of most English women there ;)

11 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

You don’t sound too familiar with the mentality of most English women there ;)

They don't have to be English women....they can be good ole American Midwest women as well.   

I had thought about coming over to London last year for the Browns game.....and no....that was NOT going to fly.  So I get it for sure.  I could pretty much go anywhere in the USA to a game on my own.  (In fact, I have, having gone to a game in Nashville), and I am going to Houston later this year (but there I am meeting up with my daughter).....but to go to Europe just for a game?  Nyet!

5 minutes ago, Ian the brown taylor said:

My girlfriend would rip my spleen out , if I went to see the browns without her lol

Would that be to see the Browns....or just coming over here?

My wife could care less about me seeing a Browns game on my own....but to travel "over there"....It wouldn't just stop with the spleen.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Mmm...yeah I like your thinking here...perhaps you could suggest it to her for me? 😂

Tbh my little girl has just turned 1 and I just can't imagine being away from her at the moment for more than a day 😚

Maybe in 15 years or so when she hates me!! 

1 minute ago, Claret&Brown said:

Mmm...yeah I like your thinking here...perhaps you could suggest it to her for me? 😂

Tbh my little girl has just turned 1 and I just can't imagine being away from her at the moment for more than a day 😚

When they are teenagers it's hard to remember a time before they tell you to go f**k yourself 😂😂

29 minutes ago, Claret&Brown said:

Fair enough.;)

1 hour ago, Emma barking mad Morgan said:

He still has the scars from a rugby game I missed  two years ago!! 

Oh y'all should fit in quite well in Cleveland or most all of NE Ohio.  ;)

17 minutes ago, Emma barking mad Morgan said:

Yes🤣

OK, so good.   The two of you can get into knock down, drag out arguments here on the Browns Board.   You can get vehement with each other, and then go have make up sex.   That would be a first for the Browns Board....I think.    (though...I don't know....despite their purported hate for each other, you never know, Zombo and Ghoolie may actually have  a thing for each other.):o:lol::blink:

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, so good.   The two of you can get into knock down, drag out arguments here on the Browns Board.   You can get vehement with each other, and then go have make up sex.   That would be a first for the Browns Board....I think.    (though...I don't know....despite their purported hate for each other, you never know, Zombo and Ghoolie may actually have  a thing for each other.):o:lol::blink:

As a betting man I would not put money on that one!  :lol:

Appears our female membership just doubled...

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Parma one never did. Too bad, too, as it might have helped.

Archived