THE BROWNS BOARD

Was today the day the team stopped believing it could be competitive?

tinythinker

10 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

Or is it just another bump in a rough road?

Given the track record of the franchise, it's easy to choose the former. If you pick the latter, what's your take on how the team moves forward this season?

(Personally I think it's still up in the air, for whatever that's worth.)

Possible, first time it looked like the team just quit. Chiefs up next- not looking good.  

after toda6s game, if i was the owner....id tell the coaches to.start winding down the reps of the major players like garrett. I woyld even consider devising an excuse to.put baker on IR until the o line is settled. 

my rationale would be do we really want to use a high pick on a qb again anytime soon? need to protect thst investment

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

after todays game, if i was the owner....id tell the coaches to.start winding down the reps of the major players like garrett. I would even consider devising an excuse to.put baker on IR until the o line is settled. 

my rationale would be do we really want to use a high pick on a qb again anytime soon? need to protect this investment

You play to win, so that will never happen....  Hue is coaching for his job. Losing to the Chiefs and Falcons IMHO will send him out the door at the bye.  

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

You play to win, so that will never happen....  Hue is coaching for his job. Losing to the Chiefs and Falcons IMHO will send him out the door at the bye.  

And neither game will be close at all. It's time to send him packing.

51 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I hope this team continues to be competitive. In 8 games so far I thought we only looked bad in two of them yesterday with the Steelers and the Chargers game. In the other six games we played well enough to have won all of them.

They were still fully in yesterday's game until the middle of the third qtr......when they were down just 16-12.  (and would have been tied if not for our piss poor kicker).

I really think the missed kicks affected the attitude of the team for some reason.

29 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They were still fully in yesterday's game until the middle of the third qtr......when they were down just 16-12.  (and would have been tied if not for our piss poor kicker).

I really think the missed kicks affected the attitude of the team for some reason.

And when it was 23-12, it felt like we left 4 on the board and it COULD have been 23-16 instead. 

Oh, and the refs giving them an extra yard on a bad spot, to make it 4th and 1. Gotta love that.

31 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

And when it was 23-12, it felt like we left 4 on the board and it COULD have been 23-16 instead. 

Oh, and the refs giving them an extra yard on a bad spot, to make it 4th and 1. Gotta love that.

It was more like two yards, wasn't where his knee touched, it's where the ball was. & Hue couldn't challenge it with less than 2 minutes left in the half. Guys in NY must have been taking a nap. :(

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It was more like two yards, wasn't where his knee touched, it's where the ball was. & Hue couldn't challenge it with less than 2 minutes left in the half. Guys in NY must have been taking a nap. :(

What about the players? A high IQ player would have noticed the ball wasn’t where it was supposed to be. 

“Youngest team in the league”

that would make a nice sig....

Archived