THE BROWNS BOARD

Duke Johnson

jcam222

17 hours ago, BaconHound said:

One thing ya gotta love about Browns fans is they defend their guy to the end.  Duke is an average 2nd back.  He’s just over 500 yards total offense.  

Interesting dissenting viewpoint. I’m all “he saved the day!” and you’re all “he’s average.”

I’m no internet research maven but would postulate there’s a notable split between his pre-Hue and post-Hue firing numbers.

I dunno man. I just see an extremely solid and well rounded football player that can catch, run, and block. 

5 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Interesting dissenting viewpoint. I’m all “he saved the day!” and you’re all “he’s average.”

I’m no internet research maven but would postulate there’s a notable split between his pre-Hue and post-Hue firing numbers.

I dunno man. I just see an extremely solid and well rounded football player that can catch, run, and block. 

Yea.  I think it is fair to say that if we didn't have Duke Johnson on this team, that we would be desperate to find a guy just like him.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, jcam222 said:

I predict that this week we see a thunder and lighting attack from Chubb and Duke. I see Duke being unleased this week and both of them going off. It will be telling is so. Gotta love him too, watched his interview post Hue firing and he refuses to throw anyone under the boss or comment on his lack of being used. True pro. 

duke ain't going anywhere but here.....i would like to see another good backup rb  because chubb is kind of injury prone....he really screwed his knee up at georgia and i'm kind of worried about that a little.....

6 hours ago, browns52 said:

duke ain't going anywhere but here.....i would like to see another good backup rb  because chubb is kind of injury prone....he really screwed his knee up at georgia and i'm kind of worried about that a little.....

Damn Chicken Little. I mean sure, that’s one way of looking forward to the future.

22 hours ago, browns52 said:

damn that was over two years ago 

35 minutes ago, ATOM said:

damn that was over two years ago 

Yup... and you can bet the pre-draft scrutiny of the knee was very high.

Any RB can get hurt at any time in any game, so yes, you need serviceable backups, but serviceable does not mean equally talented. Teams are lucky if their complementary backs are close enough in elite ability that if one or the other misses a game here and there it's barely noticeable.The Saints are the only team that springs to mind here.

I'd like to see Hilliard get some touches these final two weeks. He flashed some in preseason and has had a couple solid kick returns. Let's see what we have in him before we go fishing.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... and you can bet the pre-draft scrutiny of the knee was very high.

Any RB can get hurt at any time in any game, so yes, you need serviceable backups, but serviceable does not mean equally talented. Teams are lucky if their complementary backs are close enough in elite ability that if one or the other misses a game here and there it's barely noticeable.The Saints are the only team that springs to mind here.

I'd like to see Hilliard get some touches these final two weeks. He flashed some in preseason and has had a couple solid kick returns. Let's see what we have in him before we go fishing.

I was also thinking about Hilliard lately. We know what we have in Duke and in Chubb (both really good in their different styles), but Hilliard? It reminds me of Matt Dayes playing well last year and not getting any chance. Maybe another one with blocking problems? 

20 minutes ago, Nero said:

I was also thinking about Hilliard lately. We know what we have in Duke and in Chubb (both really good in their different styles), but Hilliard? It reminds me of Matt Dayes playing well last year and not getting any chance. Maybe another one with blocking problems? 

Given that at Hilliard's the lightest of the three 202-lb, his blocking would be suspect. However, he has Chubb's height (5'11) and is quicker to my eye than Duke. Seems like he's a cross between the two.

If there's a pass blocking issue with him, we can always use him in empty sets.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:09 PM, browns52 said:

Tearing your ACL doesn’t make you injury prone. It can happen to anyone on the field 

Archived