THE BROWNS BOARD

Bruce Arians

lodilobo

47 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We could NOT run. William Green carried the ball 25 times for 30 yards ... and that included a 23 yard run! So the other 24 carries netted 7 yards.

So, if you try something 25 times, and it doesn't work 24 times, and you have 429 yards through the air against this defense ... why not go to the well one more time?

If Northcutt catches this perfect pass, it is BALLGAME.

But before we hang Northcutt, just like Byner in The Fumble game, we are not in that position without him ... 6 Catches, 92 yards and 2 TDs.

We played a terrific game in a hostile environment and Arians got 429 yards and 33 points out of a backup QB against a team we simply could not run against ... We lost because of Paul Brown, Art Modell and finger Shiner ... There's a curse in there somewhere and some black and piss goblin knocked the ball out of Cutt's hands.

Zombo

Still pisses me the fuuuuuuuck off.

And....Karlissmissed missed.

Scenario popped into my head while driving this morning.   Let's say our current interm coaching staff wins a couple more games and looks competent in doing so.   I know retaining them won't be huge with the Haslam's but if you told me that this front office might consider keeping Williams and Kitchens then bring in Arians and an another young offensive assistant under Reid, McVay or Carroll (fresh look at the offense)...      I think i would be all for that. And given the respect Arians commands, I feel Williams and Kitchens would be on board.    

Granted this hinges on how we close the season, but right now Kitch is coaching like he wants the job permanently. 

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Scenario popped into my head while driving this morning.   Let's say our current interm coaching staff wins a couple more games and looks competent in doing so.   I know retaining them won't be huge with the Haslam's but if you told me that this front office might consider keeping Williams and Kitchens then bring in Arians and an another young offensive assistant under Reid, McVay or Carroll (fresh look at the offense)...      I think i would be all for that. And given the respect Arians commands, I feel Williams and Kitchens would be on board.    

Granted this hinges on how we close the season, but right now Kitch is coaching like he wants the job permanently. 

I just thought of the same thing today also kitchens and Arians work together in Arizona. So the up-and-coming offensive coordinator that could become our future coach to learn under Arians could very well be Freddie kitchens if this staff continues to prove themselves.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

HC bubsy.  

Got it... and it's what I thought, but I did not want to assume.

Couple more games like Sunday's and Arians might be in line for an Asst. HC slot... ;)

21 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Greg Williams rubs a lot of people the wrong way...especially the local media. The fact is, I don't give a crap about the 2 morons on WKNR with their agenda against him beginning with his first press conference as the new DC last year. He doesn't kiss anyone's butt, so they seem to have a problem with that. If you could contain all the knowledge these talk show hosts have, and place it on the edge of a razor blade, it would look like a BB rolling down an 8 lane highway. Williams is moving this team in the right direction, and if it continues, and we win a bunch of these last 6 games, we need to keep him, HC or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

Greg Williams rubs a lot of people the wrong way...especially the local media. The fact is, I don't give a crap about the 2 morons on WKNR with their agenda against him beginning with his first press conference as the new DC last year. He doesn't kiss anyone's butt, so they seem to have a problem with that. If you could contain all the knowledge these talk show hosts have, and place it on the edge of a razor blade, it would look like a BB rolling down an 8 lane highway. Williams is moving this team in the right direction, and if it continues, and we win a bunch of these last 6 games, we need to keep him, HC or otherwise.

I’ve heard Drennan saying that GW should definitely be considered for the HC job.  His demeanor is spot on and he has the players believing in him. Pluto too. 92.3 seems to love controversy and plays it like a fiddle. They also give out wrong info. I listened to them the day we got free of hue. They had Saunders as our HC. 92.3 sucks and they don’t verify stories. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Unless he smartly retains Kitchens to run his own which is small QB friendly.

How many HCs hire OCs with vastly different Offensive philosophies?

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Arians "special assistant"? Ask me in a couple of weeks. Williams wins the next two? IMHO, the HC job is his, just don't get blown out by the Ravens. That scenario Greg certainly will have tons of input as to who he might want to bring in and who goes.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Smart ones who have watched these players operate this offense? You don't plug round objects into square holes just because you like square holes.

Archived