THE BROWNS BOARD

NO BROWNS Sunday....oh no, I think I have some kind of withdrawl. What to do?

mjp28

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

As much attention as the Rams and Chiefs have been getting, the Saints might be the best team in the NFL. 

Right now every yard he makes and Smith catches makes double points for me in FF. Watching the game here.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

As much attention as the Rams and Chiefs have been getting, the Saints might be the best team in the NFL. 

Who saw that coming? Short old Drew ripping it up with the other geezer quarterbacks. :lol:

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

direct tv question? ch. 702 gives you all 8 game mix. On ch.701 4 game mix..Is there Anyway of mixing 4 games 'You' want to watch? 👀.. 

Nope.Unless you're into fantasy, why do you need 12 games at once? 

9 hours ago, Mark O said:

The same as every Sunday without the excitement of a Browns game.    I'll be sitting here on my butt in front of the TV watching football.  Leave it on the red zone channel and get to see everything that happens in every game.

OMG, THE RED ZONE CHANNEL!  :o

I forgot all about that, haven't watched it yet this year perfect for the BROWNS withdrawl symptoms.

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

OMG, THE RED ZONE CHANNEL!  :o

I forgot all about that, haven't watched it yet this year perfect for the BROWNS withdrawl symptoms.

I watch it every sunday.  As soon as a commercial comes on in the Browns game, I switch it to the red zone channel.   If the Browns game is bad, I just leave it on the red zone the rest of the day.  No commercials and all the action and scoring.  What could be better.

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Nope.Unless you're into fantasy, why do you need 12 games at once? 

My life is a fantasy.  :blink:

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

No Browns, nd the Titans and Cowboys are qhat I have to look at. WTF, if there are more dull, uninteresting teams than the Colts, Falcons, Titans and Cowboys, I don't know what they are (ok,.I admitit i would rather smell.turdas than watch any.NFcrap.

Go Browns, f$#@ everything else

I feel ya, I didn't exactly have the Sunday I wanted either, but I got to spend a lot of time with my daughter, and I still got to watch a bit of decent football.  

Head up, Mr. Ghoolie!  We've got a fun week ahead, and we're playing a team fresh off a VERY physical, draining game.  My experience with the bye week is that they can do more harm than good, and it usually seems to me that the bye week team comes out slugglish.  I'm HOPING I'm wrong, and our momentum from last week carries over.  We've got two road games in a row, and we all know our woes playing away from home.  It's time to stack wins, win on the road, and crush a team that is down.  The Bengals are backed into a corner, and there's nothing more dangerous than an animal in those conditions, but if we come out strong, I think we can break their resolve.  

13 hours ago, Mark O said:

I watch it every sunday.  As soon as a commercial comes on in the Browns game, I switch it to the red zone channel.   If the Browns game is bad, I just leave it on the red zone the rest of the day.  No commercials and all the action and scoring.  What could be better.

For years I did just that really great for NO BROWNS viewing. I liked the original host when it was just him.

Viewing tips from Mark O.

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I feel ya, I didn't exactly have the Sunday I wanted either, but I got to spend a lot of time with my daughter, and I still got to watch a bit of decent football.  

Head up, Mr. Ghoolie!  We've got a fun week ahead, and we're playing a team fresh off a VERY physical, draining game.  My experience with the bye week is that they can do more harm than good, and it usually seems to me that the bye week team comes out slugglish.  I'm HOPING I'm wrong, and our momentum from last week carries over.  We've got two road games in a row, and we all know our woes playing away from home.  It's time to stack wins, win on the road, and crush a team that is down.  The Bengals are backed into a corner, and there's nothing more dangerous than an animal in those conditions, but if we come out strong, I think we can break their resolve.  

I don't really know that the bye week is any more influential than a regular week. In other words, I think a team is just as likely to play well as it is to suck after the off week. Here is my take on things. Even when we have had nothing but contrived hope and faith in our players, the Browns have played close with the division rivals. Okay, maybe close and then fading late.

So now, the people (idiots?) that beech about me dissing the team, are peezed because I am optimistic in the Zombo fashion? Weird, eh? Critics of my optimism cite what they feel is placing too much on the win over Atlanta, however, those criticisms, are the same kind of thing that also cause so many to be peezed off when my seemingly crazy predictions come true.

My optimism has nothing to do with the points outcome of the Falcons game. It has everything to do with the reality of seeing team unity and energy that has not been present in the Browns since the Kosar days. If posters here believe that the Faclons win was just a game that we won, then they missed the entire point of what is going on with the Browns team.

I believe the Browns can win out. I don't see them losing Sunday. I got eviscerated for calling for Hue Jackson to be fired after 1 QTR of his first preseason game but I am here to tell you, the guy was never more than a coffee fetcher, who is now fetching coffee for a jackoff head coach.

Make no mistake, the Browns will be 4-6-1 and playoff talk will be a bit less ridiculous. At 5-6-1 there will be raised eyebrows. When we ware 6-6-1, memories of crap will be long flushed, and the talking heads will be discussing the Browns playoff chances. Fook the Bengals, and fook those two homo jackoffs Lewis and Jackson.

Wait for it..........................Zombo will pitch it later this week.   Go Browns. 

Oh a surefire cure for the NO BROWNS withdrawl symptoms:

Opening lines....Pit -3 over Den, Bal -12 over Oak and CLE +3 at Cinci!

And OHIO STATE is +4 at home vs m......yes football is back in NE Ohio.  :D

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh a surefire cure for the NO BROWNS withdrawl symptoms:

Opening lines....Pit -3 over Den, Bal -12 over Oak and CLE +3 at Cinci!

And OHIO STATE is +4 at home vs m......yes football is back in NE Ohio.  :D

I wanna see Big Ben take at least one really great full-speed shot from Von Miller that shakes the ball loose for a defensive scoop and score by Denver.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I wanna see Big Ben take at least one really great full-speed shot from Von Miller that shakes the ball loose for a defensive scoop and score by Denver.

Or, how about the Alex Smith treatment

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alex-smith-breaks-leg_us_5bf2a051e4b0757388205f46

19 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't really know that the bye week is any more influential than a regular week. In other words, I think a team is just as likely to play well as it is to suck after the off week. Here is my take on things. Even when we have had nothing but contrived hope and faith in our players, the Browns have played close with the division rivals. Okay, maybe close and then fading late.

So now, the people (idiots?) that beech about me dissing the team, are peezed because I am optimistic in the Zombo fashion? Weird, eh? Critics of my optimism cite what they feel is placing too much on the win over Atlanta, however, those criticisms, are the same kind of thing that also cause so many to be peezed off when my seemingly crazy predictions come true.

My optimism has nothing to do with the points outcome of the Falcons game. It has everything to do with the reality of seeing team unity and energy that has not been present in the Browns since the Kosar days. If posters here believe that the Faclons win was just a game that we won, then they missed the entire point of what is going on with the Browns team.

I believe the Browns can win out. I don't see them losing Sunday. I got eviscerated for calling for Hue Jackson to be fired after 1 QTR of his first preseason game but I am here to tell you, the guy was never more than a coffee fetcher, who is now fetching coffee for a jackoff head coach.

Make no mistake, the Browns will be 4-6-1 and playoff talk will be a bit less ridiculous. At 5-6-1 there will be raised eyebrows. When we ware 6-6-1, memories of crap will be long flushed, and the talking heads will be discussing the Browns playoff chances. Fook the Bengals, and fook those two homo jackoffs Lewis and Jackson.

Wait for it..........................Zombo will pitch it later this week.   Go Browns. 

You don't need to explain your optimism to me.  While I don't share your prognostications, I do think we'll at least play WELL for the remainder of the year.  Our offense simply isn't going to look as good against the more physical defenses, and we're going to have our hands full in every division game.  Making matters worse, Houston plays a lot like an AFC North squad, and their defense is nothing to scoff at.  These tough, physical defenses are going to be the ones that really give us fits.  If our defense doesn't force FG's and create TO's, we're going to be in trouble.  CAN we win all 6?  Yes, I think we COULD, as I really believe we're just about as good as every team we're set to play.  All 6 opponents are about equal to us, I really think that.  That being said, I do believe we're going to struggle scoring points against the better defenses of the world.  A team or two will shut down our running game, and they'll  congest the short passing game making it tough for our offense to move the ball.  I'm not being negative, and I'm not saying we're going to lose every game, but it's going to be very difficult.  Here's my optimistic outlook:

@ Bengals - Man, I REALLY want to say we're going to win this game.  I REALLY do...but it's on the road, and Cincy is coming off a very tough loss.  But...it's time for our first road win.  Browns 25, Bengals 18.  Myles puts on a show, Baker gives us a gritty, uneven performance.

@ Texans- This game we lose because of their defense.  Baker will be under a ton of pressure, and we don't have the firepower for this road game.  Texans 30, Browns 20

Panthers - We get back on track by handling Cam Newton and the Panthers.  This game will be like the Falcons game, and we play well enough to win another double digit victory.  Browns 32, Panthers 20

@ Broncos - Another win, this one coming down to a 4th quarter drive by Baker.  Browns 19, Broncos 16...in the snow.

Bengals - We complete the sweep of a division opponent for the first time in forever.  Bengals throw in the towel and play like garbage.  We do enough to win ugly.  Browns 24, Bengals 13

@ Ravens - We lose this game, ending the year on a sour note, but we still pull out 4 of our last 6, and we're feeling good about the future.  Ravens, 27, Browns 20

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I saw that play "live" and as soon as I saw it flop as he went over I knew he had a Joe Theismann looking double break below the knee.

On 11/19/2018 at 3:40 PM, Ghoolie said:

Way ahead of you, been pitching it BEFORE we beat the Falcons.

This team needed an enima

Winning with Hue "Congratulations, Son, I told you to just listen to me" (Polite Golf Clap)

kyfceqq6rqubb59qpnjs

Winning with Gregg: "Those Motherfuckers had no idea what ht them ... We're all getting laid!"

46123720_529464867538238_326493840359817

Zombo

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

When?  I will be in New Orleans  on December 5th and 6th.

It’s how I spent my bye weekend, Gip. 

Sorry we won’t have a chance to meet

Do you know New Orleans? Happy to make some recommendations. 

Great music, food, libations  

On 11/18/2018 at 8:15 AM, mjp28 said:

On the plus side for redemption I will be married now for 37 years this Wednesday, living a much better lifestyle, definately eating right, cut cigars to near zero the last few years......and I have been a loyal BROWNS fan for about 60 years, that has to count, right?

Now what to do today?

None of it counts my friend. We are not saved by good deeds. There is every manner of sinner in heaven, including thieves, murderers and rapists. One only has to believe in Jesus, and sincerely ask God for forgoveness.

56 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

None of it counts my friend. We are not saved by good deeds. There is every manner of sinner in heaven, including thieves, murderers and rapists. One only has to believe in Jesus, and sincerely ask God for forgoveness.

Yeah but.................................................🤩

😂

this thread got myself to wondering what did all of you do on sunday's during are absence ? my self i always kept an eye on nascar so I watched more of it Ricky Rudd #10 tide car baby

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

May the force be with you. 

7 hours ago, ATOM said:

this thread got myself to wondering what did all of you do on sunday's during are absence ? my self i always kept an eye on nascar so I watched more of it Ricky Rudd #10 tide car baby

I had the pit/jax game on MUTE in the background until late when jax won/lost/won/choked the game away.

Other than that just puttered around the house, catching up on paperwork, etc. Nice quiet day off.....wait WE are retired they're all nice quiet days. :lol:

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What is FF

FF for me is my Fleaflicker Fantasy League......by far my favorite, better than yahoo or ESPN. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Oh....snooze

Hey wake up Gip!

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it......actually a friend needed a "one more" to fill a FL, I thought OH-NO not one of those but I did it as a favor and really liked it! I even tried MLB but thag's too nuts even for me.

And that was over a decade ago.

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hey wake up Gip!

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it......actually a friend needed a "one more" to fill a FL, I thought OH-NO not one of those but I did it as a favor and really liked it! I even tried MLB but thag's too nuts even for me.

And that was over a decade ago.

Snork 

Archived