THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Somber week, but I cant let tradition die, so I shall post.

There has been a This Week in the AFC North every week since 1998 when it was called This Week in the AFC Central and the Browns were on hiatus. Good to see Jacksonville back in the division, it looks like 1998 this week:

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville 1:00 pm

Mark Brunell throws for 2 TDs and runs for 87 yards and another TD, and they run out the clock behind Natrone Means. Kordell Stewart misses the game, arrested last night for exposing his pee pee in Schenley Park. JAGUARS 37 STEELERS 24

Cincinnati at Baltimore 1:00 pm

Jeff Blake hands off to Corey Dillon 42 times, Ray Lewis takes a stab at stopping him but ends up fleeing the scene. Matt Stover provides all of Ravens points.  BUNGLES 21 RATBIRDS 15

Z

Bung-hoes just gave up 131 yards rushing on 26 carries in 1st Half..Lamar 10=64 yards..Not a ball caught by RB..Meanwhile, Chubby & Duke are Baking in the Kitchen..🍗  

43 minutes ago, Buck The Frowns said:

Balt eked out a win so both teams are 5-5 and long shots for a wild card.

Pgh laid an egg for 59 min 55 sec vs. Jacksonville and pulled out a win in the last 5 seconds. Stats were so one sided for the Jagoffs that I have no idea how Pgh was even in the game.

Zombo ya did not predict so well this week.

I don't know what game you watched but the Steelers outgained Jacksonville almost 3 to 1.

Ben threw 3 ints but the Steelers outplayed the Jags. Ben had 2 nice drives for scores and then with 205 drove the field and put the game.away. It wasuchore than the last 5 seconds. They also shut the jags down in the second half. I am not a Steeler fan bit this was a hell of a win for them.

43 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I see the bungholes snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. I wonder Hue that happened?

Nice to see Black Uncle Fester having a negative effect on the Bungholios soo quickly.... I wonder when him and Marvin  move in together and get married... Two weenie puffers.. a match made in heaven...

Did not even finish my pick six this week but from the pick em:

I had JAX +6 and CIN pick.

5.0 5.0 6.0 6.0 CorrectPit 20, Jax 16 1
Off (0) Off (0) Off (0) Off (0) IncorrectBal 24, Cin 21 0

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't know what game you watched but the Steelers outgained Jacksonville almost 3 to 1.

Ben threw 3 ints but the Steelers outplayed the Jags. Ben had 2 nice drives for scores and then with 205 drove the field and put the game.away. It wasuchore than the last 5 seconds. They also shut the jags down in the second half. I am not a Steeler fan bit this was a hell of a win for them.

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ghoul I did exaggerate a bit. Most of the yardage did  come late. For three quarters Pgh looked like someone slipped edibles into their Gatorade.They did not have a lead until 5 seconds were left in the game. True, it was a hell of a win for them.

Jags in general do seem to have Pgh’s number but not quite, tonight.

1 hour ago, Buck The Frowns said:

Ghoul I did exaggerate a bit. Most of the yardage did  come late. For three quarters Pgh looked like someone slipped edibles into their Gatorade.They did not have a lead until 5 seconds were left in the game. True, it was a hell of a win for them.

Jags in general do seem to have Pgh’s number but not quite, tonight.

Do t getme.wrong. I hate the Steelers. but the bastarda are good. You can't give them a window. Even when they stink they find a way to win.

Our time.is coming.

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Do t getme.wrong. I hate the Steelers. but the bastarda are good. You can't give them a window. Even when they stink they find a way to win.

Our time.is coming.

When it came to this game, it was more about how badly the Jags played in critical time than how good the Steelers played. 

Jags need a new QB pretty badly.

29 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

When it came to this game, it was more about how badly the Jags played in critical time than how good the Steelers played. 

Bortles is the White Byron Leftwich

Unfortunately, the Jaguars quarterback is Blake freakin’ Bortles. The Jags offense was bad in the first half, as Jacksonville settled for three field goals and no touchdowns. But that was merely dull: In the fourth quarter, the offense went from dull to actively negative. The Jaguars ran four pass plays in the fourth quarter: a checkdown on third-and-11, an incomplete pass, and three sacks. On five fourth-quarter drives, the Jaguars got a grand total of -3 yards. You technically had more yards in the fourth quarter than the Jaguars. Meanwhile, the Steelers scored 14 points and Jacksonville lost a winnable game.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Unfortunately, the Jaguars quarterback is Blake freakin’ Bortles. The Jags offense was bad in the first half, as Jacksonville settled for three field goals and no touchdowns. But that was merely dull: In the fourth quarter, the offense went from dull to actively negative. The Jaguars ran four pass plays in the fourth quarter: a checkdown on third-and-11, an incomplete pass, and three sacks. On five fourth-quarter drives, the Jaguars got a grand total of -3 yards. You technically had more yards in the fourth quarter than the Jaguars. Meanwhile, the Steelers scored 14 points and Jacksonville lost a winnable game.

OK steelrz diehards your turn.

I watched the game JAX tried real hard to lose that game.....they suceeded. Every once in awhile a team lucks out and wins one you grab it and go home. ;)

52 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

OK steelrz diehards your turn.

I watched the game JAX tried real hard to lose that game.....they suceeded. Every once in awhile a team lucks out and wins one you grab it and go home. ;)

I coulda swore Marty Schottenheimer was coaching lol

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, but Leftwich had physical limitations......Bortles problems are between the ears.

I don't think Bortles is complete garbage.. He's a game manager/system QB... in about 3 years.. He may hist his ceiling...If he has one...

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Okay, so the reason the Steelers won 6 Superbowls is that the other teams just happened to play badly when they played the Steelers. In fact, the only reason the Steelers have ever won a game is that the other team played badly.

So by your logic, the only reason the Browns tied the Steelers on opening day is because the Steelers played badly.  The only reason the Browns beat the Falcons is because the Falcons played badly.

Dude, take some medication. The Steelers won because they are a food flipping team. They won because Roethlisberger is a phenomenal QB who has done the come-from-behind-win thing a lot, all during his career. hate the Steelers all you want, but they know how to win.

21 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Okay, so the reason the Steelers won 6 Superbowls is that the other teams just happened to play badly when they played the Steelers. In fact, the only reason the Steelers have ever won a game is that the other team played badly.

Hello, McFly....is anybody home?   I said THIS game.   Why comment on something you bothered to pay no attention to.

So by your logic, the only reason the Browns tied the Steelers on opening day is because the Steelers played badly.  The only reason the Browns beat the Falcons is because the Falcons played badly.

Those were a combination of both.   The difference....again....if you had paid any attention, is that, yes...the Steelers took the opportunities available to them to help them win the game....but those opportunities should NEVER have existed.   Jags dominated the game overall....but continued to fuuckkup when it was time to put the game away. Teams DO choke games away. The Jags choked away this game like so many the Browns have choked away over the years.  the Steelers acted competently...the Jags did not.  

Maybe I will put it in terms you can understand:  the Jags Hue Jacksoned this game away.

Dude, take some medication. The Steelers won because they are a food flipping team. They won because Roethlisberger is a phenomenal QB who has done the come-from-behind-win thing a lot, all during his career. hate the Steelers all you want, but they know how to win.

All, fine well and good......but the fact is they won primarily because the Jags choked so badly. Yes, BR and the Steelers did what they are capbable of doing....but they should never have been allowed to be put in a position where they could do that.  They were only in position to do so because the Jags choked like dogs. 

What is it about a team choking away a win that you cannot understand? Or do you think that the Steelers never get lucky?  That the other team always performs poorly in some of these situations because the Steelers are oh so fuhucking good?  If you think that, you should be the one on medication...because you are tripping on something.  Mushrooms, meth, LSD...something.   This, for the Jags, was nothing more than what happened to the Browns vs.  the Saints, the Raiders.   They controlled the game but choked it away....through bad coaching, bad execution, bad play calling. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Dude,takea pill, get laid,beat offand relax. The Steeler won ecause they are a great..... ot a good.....a great team. They win even when they stink it up

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude,takea pill, get laid,beat offand relax. The Steeler won ecause they are a great..... ot a good.....a great team. They win even when they stink it up

You’re the one who needs to take a reality pill. The Steelers wonbecause the jags lost and Choked it away. sorry you can’t handle the truth 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

So here's the question: If you could add one to the Browns, who do you take - Rams Aaron Donald or Bears Kalil Mack? 

Flashback.. https://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round    DMUc.gif        Lots of big GM dummies!! 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You’re the one who needs to take a reality pill. The Steelers wonbecause the jags lost and Choked it away. sorry you can’t handle the truth 

And yet, not one report sees this in your perverted view.

Look bro, here is the reality. The Steelers stunk it up and were behind 16 - 0. Your were Jerkin your Gerkin thinking that you were going to see the Steelers lose....BUT BUT BUT................HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO................. And the Steelers shut their ayus down, Ben pulls out another come from behind win, and literally, he urinates on your dinner table. Dude, I get it. you thought you were going to have a happy ending, and Phyllis Diller showed up.

I find it hypocritally funny that not too long ago you were praising BRADY BRADY BRADY for his lucky come from behind win in his last SB win. I didn't hear you saying the Pats were lucky that the Falcons fell apart....BUT BUT BUT    I get it.....it's always the Steelers got lucky, they got the breaks, blah blah blah blah blah..........and AGAIN and AGAIN.......they keep winning. They own the AFC North, and they continue to own the Browns.

Don't get me wrong, I want them to finish behind us as much as anyone. BUT................. if as you say, they suck, are weak and lucky.....then what does it say for the Browns who can't seem to beat the Steelers? The Steelers put on a clinic in the 2nd half. They used the Jags as a ball scratcher.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybarca/2018/11/18/no-bell-no-drama-pittsburgh-steelers-continue-to-win/#51ebd68466bb

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Steelers-improve-divisional-AFC-playoff-ground-with-win-124945788/

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-come-from-behind-win-20-16

This just continues to demonstrate your complete lack of knowledge about the football game. Nothing of what you say or what you Say“actually applies to what happened the other night. And actually I actually did say that the Falcons choked it up absolutely they did and yes the Pats were lucky that the Falcons handed over the opportunity for the Pats to win

On 11/19/2018 at 3:09 PM, Ghoolie said:

Nah Tom- I'll side with Gipper. This was an exact a replay of a Huebatross game- the Jags totally dominated the Steelers until the last 5 minutes of the game. It shouldn't even have been a game, because like the Browns, early on the Jags traded touchdowns for field goals. 

Another reason? Blake Bortles positively stunk in that game, 64 passing yards. Don't credit the mighty Steeler defense for that lousy performance either. The Jags defense gave the offense plenty of opportunities- three interceptions- from mighty Ben,  and a fumble recovery- sound familiar? Couldn't convert on them.  

With PIT arriving in Denver in a few days, Adam Jones was just released by DEN.

I think he can still play at a high level, just not at 5,000 feet.  Like Jones, I'm old and I live at 5,200 feet, so I know it's not very easy here.

The Steelers would pick him up if it was simply based on his abilities, but he is not the kind of character that PIT signs.

Screen 00004.jpg

3 hours ago, Dick Mellon said:

With PIT arriving in Denver in a few days, Adam Jones was just released by DEN.

I think he can still play at a high level, just not at 5,000 feet.  Like Jones, I'm old and I live at 5,200 feet, so I know it's not very easy here.

The Steelers would pick him up if it was simply based on his abilities, but he is not the kind of character that PIT signs.

Screen 00004.jpg

Why is it that Steeler people cannot spell Joe Haden's name correctly?

Archived